Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S LR Delivery Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Do VINs still show up early in source?
Its very common to show up early in source in Canada from what ive seen. I haven't noticed it a TON in the US but it still happens. Typically not more than 12-24 hours early though.

In other news, I just talked to Tesla since my delivery range starts tomorrow again and the customer service rep told me I am looking good for delivery in my window. I asked about my 'soft match date' since I still dont have a VIN and he said "thats typically not customer facing information, but ill check" and then checked and said it lined up with my window but wouldn't give me a specific date. He did say I should be receiving my car in the next two weeks, despite not having a VIN. I personally doubt this and expect by window to be pushed out again Thursday morning (first day after entering my window).

@bhakan Scheduled my home delivery (which I didn't think I could do? Thought I was picking up!) for 16 Feb so they're definitely moving these things cross country. Just wanted to give you some positive vibes to start your week 😁
Btw, your car must have taken the previous choo choo train if they are delivering at home on Feb 16th:D. when i called today I was informed that it will arrive to our Rockville SC only on Feb 18th and I may not take delivery before Feb 21st it seems.

Reactions: Concade1
Btw, your car must have taken the previous choo choo train if they are delivering at home on Feb 16th:D. when i called today I was informed that it will arrive to our Rockville SC only on Feb 18th and I may not take delivery before Feb 21st it seems.
That lines up perfectly with our VINs, 5 day VIN difference, 5 day delivery difference. I didn't even get a date for when it would arrive so your guess is as good as mine there!

Reactions: bhakan
Wish you luck on a shorter delivery time. I ordered on September, 26th with a 1157. Original date on the site was April, since then it's bounced to Dec, Jan, Feb, Mar, April, now to 19-31 Mar. And I'm on the east coast. What are your specs? I suspect you'll get your car before I get mine. Last week a 1158 in TX got their car. Seems like luck of the draw on who gets their car.
Seconds on the good luck to all. Chris, as I mentioned once before, I ordered a few days after you and also have an RN1157 for delivery in the Mid Atlantic (NoVA), and my dates have tracked yours exactly. Perhaps the random EDD generator randomizes in groups :)

Seconds on the good luck to all. Chris, as I mentioned once before, I ordered a few days after you and also have an RN1157 for delivery in the Mid Atlantic (NoVA), and my dates have tracked yours exactly. Perhaps the random EDD generator randomizes in groups :)
I'm also in NoVA. My dates shifted forward pretty significantly yesterday. Was Feb 15 - Mar 15 -> Now April 25 - May 23. (Ordered 9/3/21. Blue/Black/No FSD/19). It seems for some that dates move forward prior to VIN assignment but I won't get my hopes up.

That's really interesting. Probably true, they go in groups depending on delivery location. Still weird that a 1158 or later can get their cars earlier. Doesn't make sense at all! Be nice to get one off the inventory site, but I don't think they honor the cheaper prices we got ours at.

Its very common to show up early in source in Canada from what ive seen. I haven't noticed it a TON in the US but it still happens. Typically not more than 12-24 hours early though.

In other news, I just talked to Tesla since my delivery range starts tomorrow again and the customer service rep told me I am looking good for delivery in my window. I asked about my 'soft match date' since I still dont have a VIN and he said "thats typically not customer facing information, but ill check" and then checked and said it lined up with my window but wouldn't give me a specific date. He did say I should be receiving my car in the next two weeks, despite not having a VIN. I personally doubt this and expect by window to be pushed out again Thursday morning (first day after entering my window).

Well I guess Im going to eat dirt on this one, guess who just got a vin!!! NF4702, that is recent right? Estimated delivery 2/20-2/24!

Congrats. Those of you seeing VIN#. Are you refreshing app/website and seeing it or is Tesla texting reaching out the moment it is assigned?
in my case I have been checking the website about once an hour but I got an email from Tesla saying something about my VIN so I checked and there is was! I had just checked a few minutes ago (when i had called customer service and posted about that).