Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S LR Delivery Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Took delivery last week.. been busy. Unfortunately had some issues.. but overall I love the car.

Gashes under front bumper..
Grease on interior..
Adhesive on areas..
Dash alignment off..
Scrunched door weather seal..

How do they not catch this when checking the car over..

Have a service appt in 2 weeks. What do they do regarding the bumper? Obviously don’t want it repainted but it’s down to the plastic. Under the vehicle so don’t see it.. but also didn’t pay to receive a damaged car.

View attachment 854950

All of them have the dash alignment issues on the passenger side. If you look at where the speaker grill meets the A-pillar you will see the speaker grill looks sunken in on the passenger side. Or if you track the black portion of the bottom of the windshield, more black is exposed on the passenger side. The issue is in the frame of the car along with manufacturing tolerances. Same reason the passenger side door is harder to close on all of them.

It sucks and I wish tesla cared about these types of things. Would be a perfect car if they could just get this last 5% right. Elon himself has said that the service centers are an “extension of the factory” so I think they more or less expect you to have to come into the service center for these factory blemishes.

Reactions: Luka816
Took delivery last week.. been busy. Unfortunately had some issues.. but overall I love the car.

Gashes under front bumper..
Grease on interior..
Adhesive on areas..
Dash alignment off..
Scrunched door weather seal..

How do they not catch this when checking the car over..

Have a service appt in 2 weeks. What do they do regarding the bumper? Obviously don’t want it repainted but it’s down to the plastic. Under the vehicle so don’t see it.. but also didn’t pay to receive a damaged car.

View attachment 854945View attachment 854946View attachment 854950View attachment 854951View attachment 854952View attachment 854953View attachment 854954View attachment 854955

Good luck. I just sold my 22 MS and it'll be my last Tesla. The quality was still bad. Loved the car at first and yes bad delivery experience as took hours to get into the car in some church parking lot in Austin due to tech issues. But since then it was fun but I'd say quality was still not good. Interior creaks at dash over the slightest asphalt road, back seats creak, seals on lower back doors also coming off and several more items. The car paint chips way too easy where I live. This combined with their lack of certain infotainment integrations others have, their focus on games/etc kinda PO'd me for last time. I'm not certain Tesla has or will keep the EV lead as it will take more than a few slight bumper refreshes on models and more focus on quality to keep and attract owners with a the competition models coming out. Good luck to yall getting MS though. I was lucky enough to get it at its 20k less price and selling for a nice profit early this week to Carvana in 10 mins.

Taking delivery of a GMC HUMMER SUT Edition 1 in few days so excited about that and it's capability and surprising range > my MS likely in reality. Yes VERY different auto but can use it in rural area I live.

Still on the site a while im sure as we have Tesla panels and powerwalls.

Alright, maybe I'll take this as a good sign after my current wait of 15 months. My October EDD just shot out to November/January. I also just noticed a couple of handfuls of MSLR's showing up on the inventory sites. I've never saw more than 2 or 3 listed at one time prior to today.
Maybe they don't want me to have a 2023 after all.

So my pickup was delayed. (They called about an hour before to say the transport was delayed). Rescheduled for Monday morning. They called again on Sunday evening to say that wouldn’t work either and that they would deliver (I am 25 miles from the facility).
This evening a young guy delivered the car, then collected my Model 3 lease return and drove that back. Quick, efficient and easy!
Of course it was dark, but it looked perfect and I got to drive it 200 feet in total.
Tomorrow will be fun!

Reactions: hydroEpower
Good luck. I just sold my 22 MS and it'll be my last Tesla. The quality was still bad. Loved the car at first and yes bad delivery experience as took hours to get into the car in some church parking lot in Austin due to tech issues. But since then it was fun but I'd say quality was still not good. Interior creaks at dash over the slightest asphalt road, back seats creak, seals on lower back doors also coming off and several more items. The car paint chips way too easy where I live. This combined with their lack of certain infotainment integrations others have, their focus on games/etc kinda PO'd me for last time. I'm not certain Tesla has or will keep the EV lead as it will take more than a few slight bumper refreshes on models and more focus on quality to keep and attract owners with a the competition models coming out. Good luck to yall getting MS though. I was lucky enough to get it at its 20k less price and selling for a nice profit early this week to Carvana in 10 mins.

Taking delivery of a GMC HUMMER SUT Edition 1 in few days so excited about that and it's capability and surprising range > my MS likely in reality. Yes VERY different auto but can use it in rural area I live.

Still on the site a while im sure as we have Tesla panels and powerwalls.
I agree with the build quality being poor and the paint chipping easily. I was close to fed up the creaks and rattles, but then I twisted my right ankle coming coming out of a store. Having the ability to use FSD and continue to my next destination was priceless, barely having to use my injured foot. Needless to say I’ll be keeping the car

• Funny
Reactions: VolcanoTacos
Yes, you be living the dream, until the nightmare of your first service...
I’ve never had a problem with service, drove my 2015 Model S 143,000 miles and other than some minor issues that were quickly fixed, never had a problem .

I suppose major drivetrain issues might be a different story, but so far haven’t had to deal with that.

I’ve never had a problem with service, drove my 2015 Model S 143,000 miles and other than some minor issues that were quickly fixed, never had a problem .

I suppose major drivetrain issues might be a different story, but so far haven’t had to deal with that.
This board is full of hundreds of anecdotal data points, i'd say your good experience is in the minority of those that actually had to deal with service, and esp leaving their car at a SvC in the last two or three years.

Despite being assured that my '15 85D was going to be worked on, tracking shows it baking in the sun at off site storage for two weeks.

• Informative
Reactions: TSLA Pilot
Picked mine up in Virginia this morning… MSM, cream interior, 19”s. Ordered Aug 11 and arrived from Fremont Saturday. Car was in great condition and couldn’t find any flaws. Car is really quiet and rides much better than the M3 it replaces. Glad I took the plunge and went with the S. Thanks to all who gave their inputs.

Only thing can’t figure out is how to get text messages to pop up and give an audible… it has a message saying I need a new IOS upgrade on my Apple… which it has the latest…

Yes, with literally hundreds of both MS Plaids and LR's in inventory, one can safely assume that US domestic demand is now satisfied.

Perhaps once they install actual steering column stalks and a non-Playschool/actual steering "WHEEL" there may be an increase in demand.

Time will tell . . . .

Yes, with literally hundreds of both MS Plaids and LR's in inventory, one can safely assume that US domestic demand is now satisfied.

Perhaps once they install actual steering column stalks and a non-Playschool/actual steering "WHEEL" there may be an increase in demand.

Time will tell . . . .
Man I remember waiting 6 months for my MS that was supposed to deliver in “2-4 weeks” like it was yesterday. Now I have a pre-re-refresh 2021 Model S that can’t even get console quality gaming that was promised 😅😅