Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021 Model S Plaid Steering Yoke shaking at highway speeds

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have this issue on my 2022 with the 21s on Michelins. They road forced them 4-5 times at this point. Checked for bent wheels and everything.

Ended up swapping down to the 19s with Conti All seasons and it still vibrates over 70. It’s driving me insane. I don’t think it’s the wheels. There’s something else we’re missing.

I have mobile service coming for something else on Monday. Will ask to take a drive.

yeah. Mentally exhausting when driving. I love the car minus this vibration, and already thinking of trading in for another brand if this can't get fixed

I have this issue on my 2022 with the 21s on Michelins. They road forced them 4-5 times at this point. Checked for bent wheels and everything.

Ended up swapping down to the 19s with Conti All seasons and it still vibrates over 70. It’s driving me insane. I don’t think it’s the wheels. There’s something else we’re missing.

I have mobile service coming for something else on Monday. Will ask to take a drive.

do we have a Lemon Law route we could pursue??

Unfortunately mobile service won’t be able to do anything. Hell the service center just puts it on a lift and inspects suspension and claims there is nothing else they can do. It’s so frustrating

I am experiencing a steering wheel/yoke vibration issue when the speed exceeds 80 mph since day 1. This problem is particularly noticeable when using autopilot, as the steering wheel clearly shakes without a hand holding on it.

I examined a local demo Model S, which was manufactured in April, and surprisingly, it displayed the same symptoms as my car.

Demo Car Steering Yoke vibration
I have the exact same thing on my car 9/22 build.

Reactions: Propofoln
Hey guys. Greetings from Germany. I have the exact same vibration at 80mph/130kmh on my plaid. Today I changed wheels from 19“ tempest -> 21“ arachnid with Michelins (because this vibration is driving me crazy).

For the cost of 7500€ I got exactly nothing, still have the same vibrations. Damnit. So i can confirm it’s not tire/rim related.

Hey guys. Greetings from Germany. I have the exact same vibration at 80mph/130kmh on my plaid. Today I changed wheels from 19“ tempest -> 21“ arachnid with Michelins (because this vibration is driving me crazy).

For the cost of 7500€ I got exactly nothing, still have the same vibrations. Damnit. So i can confirm it’s not tire/rim related.
Dang. Anyone try aftermarket wheels/tires? Maybe wider? Or is it pretty much drive shafts or something internal?

I think it’s driveshaft related. Yep.

Reactions: kopo
Has anyone tried setting the air suspension at different heights to see if that makes the vibration better or worse? If the cause is the halfshaft CV joints, then ride heights with lower halfshaft angles may vibrate less.

GSP