Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021 Model S Plaid Steering Yoke shaking at highway speeds

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anybody that has the 80+ vibration have any updates?? Mine is going in for its THIRD visit since delivery. The last one they changed front tires which made zero difference. I want to get them to change the driveshaft.
Do you happen to have a video showcasing the vibration at approximately 80 mph? If replacing the half shaft resolves the problem, I will strongly urge my service center to implement the fix if if it's long-lasting.

I have a few videos from various sources, but the one from the demo car is the clearest.

Here is how I captured

1. Run to 80 - 82 mph
2. Press AP
3. Seeing the odd vibration whether is on Yoke or round steering wheel

Do you happen to have a video showcasing the vibration at approximately 80 mph? If replacing the half shaft resolves the problem, I will strongly urge my service center to implement the fix if if it's long-lasting.

I have a few videos from various sources, but the one from the demo car is the clearest.

Here is how I captured

1. Run to 80 - 82 mph
2. Press AP
3. Seeing the odd vibration whether is on Yoke or round steering wheel

my vibration is mainly felt in the pedal more than the yoke. Did you have yours looked at? Any fix?

It looks like I'm going the steering yolk vibration club with my new 2023 LR with the 19 inch wheels with Continental RX All Season tires. I got the car 2 weeks ago and only got it up to 80mph yesterday on a long road trip and immediately felt the wheel shimmy. It's fine at 60, 65 and 70 but you can feel and see the yolk "jiggle" at about 75mph. It's in the front. I don't feel anything in the seat of my pants or the chassis. I have not hit any potholes or curbs. I will have a service appointment next month and see what they say. It's definitely fatiguing to hold the wheel at any speed above 80. My Model 3 LR with 19 inch sport wheels and same Continental tires have zero issues after over 2 years of driving.

I am experiencing a steering wheel/yoke vibration issue when the speed exceeds 80 mph since day 1. This problem is particularly noticeable when using autopilot, as the steering wheel clearly shakes without a hand holding on it.

I examined a local demo Model S, which was manufactured in April, and surprisingly, it displayed the same symptoms as my car.

Demo Car Steering Yoke vibration
Same here. I have 750 miles on my new 2023 LR and have the exact same issue. I just didn't take my car to 80 until recently and noted it immediately. My S was also manufactured in April of 2023.