Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki 2021+ Model S Refresh - Missing/Incomplete Software Features

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has anyone following this thread at a high level done a full roundup of missing/inactive features for the refreshed 2021 MS? Since we've seen some software updates the last few months, wondering what the total of added/fixed features is, and what we're all still waiting for!

Has anyone following this thread at a high level done a full roundup of missing/inactive features for the refreshed 2021 MS? Since we've seen some software updates the last few months, wondering what the total of added/fixed features is, and what we're all still waiting for!
This is a wiki thread so theoretically, you can read the first post.

Reactions: cwanja
Anybody install 32.20 and have the notes yet? It's there but I haven't downloaded.
Mine just had 2 bullets. I was going to take a picture, but I'm never the first to get software and figured it would be on here.

I believe it said xm improvements and that it would add more settings to the auto audio enhanced. I don't have XM, so don't know what that did, but the audio doesn't seem to have any changes to the UI from 32.10.

HTHs.

Thx. Was wonderin' if everything had been accounted for since this thread is ages long by now, and there are so many differing experiences among us between issues being had at delivery, and what the software updates are bringing each time isn't always the same for some odd reason.
One thing that seems to be missing would be instrument cluster configurable. That sort of opens a pandoras box of things "missing", but it is all lumped under the that one bucket. Other then that, I think the first post covers it with the original poster seemingly keeping it up to date.

Reactions: Ramphex
8E0DC08C-9946-4DD6-8D33-532ACFC09B02.jpeg

But does it actually do anything? I feel like before this setting it was still the same amount of speakers as before (obv), so what changed? Sorry I’m not enough of an audiophile to understand how surround sound / immersive sound works aside from having multiple speakers/channels lol

Reactions: McQ14 and cwanja
on 32.20....

I just drove it for the first time after the update...here is what I noticed:

- not sure if dog, camp, and stay mode were there on 32.10 or earlier
- turn signals haptic is easier to differentiate and press compared to before...previous updates, it was overly strong and can be audibly heard pretty easily...i feel it's getting better on 32.20
- the immersive sound settings now has "auto" or a range of adjustability...still unsure of what this really does

I can appreciate the turn signal fine tuning though. Wish we could tune it ourselves.

on 32.20....

I just drove it for the first time after the update...here is what I noticed:

- not sure if dog, camp, and stay mode were there on 32.10 or earlier
- turn signals haptic is easier to differentiate and press compared to before...previous updates, it was overly strong and can be audibly heard pretty easily...i feel it's getting better on 32.20
- the immersive sound settings now has "auto" or a range of adjustability...still unsure of what this really does

I can appreciate the turn signal fine tuning though. Wish we could tune it ourselves.
Dog, camp and stay mode have been there since we took delivery in early August. They were probably there since June but I'm not certain since we didn't have our car then.

We noticed that with the latest update, the wipers work better when pushing the button to activate them. Before, they would always spray even when we just wanted it to wipe. Now it will just wipe, as desired.

- homelink programming runs successfully but doesn’t work when i try to open garage door from the car. If Anyone ran into this issue and fixed it, please let me know
I took delivery of my S on Wed. I spent the last 2 nights trying to get Homelink set up... same issue as you. It said it completed successfully but did nothing. I was using a small garage keyfob I carry on me when I go out for a walk.
This morning I figured I might as well try the OEM opener that I keep in another car. Did everything the exact same way... and this time Homelink was successful! Correctly opens/closes the garage door!

So not sure what opener you're using to program it, but try to use the OEM one, with a fresh/strong battery.

Reactions: Hayseed_MS
New thread for Plaid/Long Range FSD button: