Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki 2021+ Model S Refresh - Missing/Incomplete Software Features

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We are in a funny place on some of these things where its unclear if they are bugs or design choices.
Is anyone else experiencing connectivity issues in the refresh? I have frequently had problems when I ask for a song or give a different command.
I have been having issues when listening to Slacker with songs loading or skipping in the middle of song, but I am also seeing that in our X, so maybe a backend or Slacker issue.

Yes it has forward facing cameras, three in fact. No you cannot bring them up to view on the camera app. You can only see one in Sentry Videos. Believe there is no icon to launch them in the current Model S refresh software. You can use voice command to say "open dashcam" and it will launch.
When I say “open dashcam” the car responds “open-cam” and nothing happens.

Reactions: gadelrosario
A little off track but has anyone got teslawaze working in the browser? It pulls up, but the map buttons aren’t accessible. Be nice to hear it tell me when police are nearby. I’m currently using it on my phone but then I have to use music streaming from my phone as well. I’d prefer to use slacker or Spotify natively.

That's correct, netflix audio through the main speakers.
Yes, would be great if they can be seperate for example like you said through a bluetooth headset for the rear passengers or something like that and be able to do the gaming as well seperately. Right now it controls the media of the front of the car too, whether music or tesla theatre.

Peter
You just answered all my questions in 2 sentences! Or more confirmed my suspicions. Be nice if it was shared to control music like it is now but also an option to separate with Bluetooth when wanted by back seaters. Having it just be an extension of the front seems anticlimactic to me now and a waste of a potentially great idea and set up for front and back entertainment. Maybe that’s the intention eventually...to separate with Bluetooth. Would love to know…
The back can watch a movie while the cars moving? Understood sound is throughout (unless you physically balance off the front speakers as an option - kid movies etc)
Front screen won’t allow the movie in that scenario but back will?
Thanks

Last edited:
I've been thinking about this also. Bluetooth can only connect one headset to an audio source. From my understanding, you can't have 2 or 3 kids in the back with headsets connected to Bluetooth to watch Netflix or whatever app is playing on the rear screen. Most cars with screens in the back use infrared headsets but it doesn't sound like Tesla allows for IR connection, right?

Other option for us with multiple kids would be a small Bluetooth speaker in the back so all could listen? I've got 3 little kids, so the rear screen was a big appeal for me, but now I am wondering how this will work.

You just answered all my questions in 2 sentences! Or more confirmed my suspicions. Be nice if it was shared to control music like it is now but also an option to separate with Bluetooth when wanted by back seaters. Having it just be an extension of the front seems anticlimactic to me now and a waste of a potentially great idea and set up for front and back entertainment. Maybe that’s the intention eventually...to separate with Bluetooth. Would love to know…
The back can watch a movie while the cars moving? Understood sound is throughout (unless you physically balance off the front speakers as an option - kid movies etc)
Front screen won’t allow the movie in that scenario but back will?
Thanks