Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki 2021+ Model S Refresh - Missing/Incomplete Software Features

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Attachments

• A02D848F-B357-4E8C-80C0-4D5AE9BEB5C4.png
    A02D848F-B357-4E8C-80C0-4D5AE9BEB5C4.png
    632.6 KB · Views: 104
Remember, this software that we are running was never meant to really be released for the Model S refreshed version. That is why there are so many missing features that have yet to be added, and so many features that should be there, but need to be placed back into the UI. When we see v11, we'll get a much better look at what was intended for these new vehicles.

Just one to add to the list:

Homelink opener pop-up perfectly covers the side view cameras on screen when I'm backing out of the garage, which is very annoying. You can swipe the homelink thing away, but then you have to tap 3 things to get back to it once you've backed out of the garage.

Agreed. This is maddening. It worked fine on the 3/Y, and the new location on the S is really silly.

Does anyone know what these grilles are above the doors? They don’t seem to play any sound so…

Attachments

• 49102F2F-1D90-4DFE-A53F-6E1A12B50257.jpeg
    49102F2F-1D90-4DFE-A53F-6E1A12B50257.jpeg
    220.5 KB · Views: 75

Homelink opener pop-up perfectly covers the side view cameras on screen when I'm backing out of the garage, which is very annoying. You can swipe the homelink thing away, but then you have to tap 3 things to get back to it once you've backed out of the garage.
I am *hoping* this is one of the hacked together UI things that is fixed in v11. The behavior is annoying the the text is illegible.

Reactions: rhuber and cwanja

I am *hoping* this is one of the hacked together UI things that is fixed in v11. The behavior is annoying the the text is illegible.
This was a non-issue on the old landscape and I would have thought they figured it out going all landscape in their fleet. Like you said Omar, maybe with the return of the menu bar in V11 it will be addressed

Reactions: rhuber
This was a non-issue on the old landscape and I would have thought they figured it out going all landscape in their fleet. Like you said Omar, maybe with the return of the menu bar in V11 it will be addressed
Looking at this leak from earlier this year, looks like they are going for a more flexible window scheme with (I hope) smarter window management.

1628439483332.png

Looking at this leak from earlier this year, looks like they are going for a more flexible window scheme with (I hope) smarter window management.

View attachment 693794
Good catch. Which even that design is wildly different from even what’s out there today. Although, I am not fond of the colored icons of today, prefer the black and white. Wonder if the HomeLink icon will be along the left side with the WiFi and notification bell.

But then again, that is literally what I ordered too 🤷🏽‍♂️

Boombox seems a bit broken to me, too. Doesn’t seem to actually engage my specified sound effects when E.g. summoning the car. There’s so much missing/broken at the moment. Doubtless it’s all being worked on, but sheesh…. The Model 3/Y are far more complete.

And to add to this, the auto-volume leveling for music is way too aggressive in these cars. It just gets so loud when you get up to speed and then so quiet when you slow down, so I wish Tesla would give us the ability to adjust the aggressiveness of this when listening to music. I feel like they probably left this auto leveling based on previous cars that were far louder in the cabin, which of course makes no sense for a much quieter car like this new Model S

I'm curious why I don't have this update to enable Disney+ and the dashcam viewer? Why wouldn't they push that out to all refreshes?
Same. Open Dashcam Viewer voice command now all of the sudden works. Super clunky viewer, no thumbnails for any videos and says that the video is unavailable when you click on it but if you sit there for about 45-60 seconds it starts playing