Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S Refresh - white interior thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just got payment request email and VIN assigned...exactly 8 weeks after placing my deposit on 9/2. How the hell did that happen considering some of you guys have been waiting months longer than me? I feel bad for some of you!

After much debate I told my SA to pass on this VIN so I can be guaranteed a 2022 down the road. I hope I don't regret this decision! There is a white on white with 19s and no FSD heading to some lucky chap

Just got payment request email and VIN assigned...exactly 8 weeks after placing my deposit on 9/2. How the hell did that happen considering some of you guys have been waiting months longer than me? I feel bad for some of you!

After much debate I told my SA to pass on this VIN so I can be guaranteed a 2022 down the road. I hope I don't regret this decision! There is a white on white with 19s and no FSD heading to some lucky chap
What was the VIN if you recall? Specifically the first three digits after MF.

Your optimism is truly inspiring :)

The planning team must be having a blast:

Late Sept - "Let's be realistic. We should push everyone's out to Dec/Jan"
Early Oct - "I think it'll be ready in 4 days. Let's put that out there"
Mid Oct - "actually, it'll be 2 months later, not 3 months earlier"
Late Oct - "hold on, I think it's 1 month earlier"
5 days later - "we were right all along. it's Dec"
I hear ya. And I’m really annoyed at Tesla, and their magic 8 ball logistics team. But in all seriousness, let’s say they expect to do a run during a certain time frame. And then a shipment of parts get delayed, a machine breaks down, or whatever. Then kaplooey, bad dates. And then maybe they source a bottleneck component, or a delayed shipment has a workaround and voila, new dates. Again, that’s my guess, otherwise why even update dates before a vin?

I see it exactly the same way. I rather have a changing date that moves forward and backward than one that doesn’t move at all. If its changing then I feel like they are updating me on the current status of my order. When it doesn’t change for an extended period I get nervous that they have lost my order in the system.
I hear you. I have very mixed feelings, getting yanked around, but I truly do think they’re giving us their best estimates with the data THEY have. Some transparency would be really nice though.
whrn I was slated for october then November, I was like, “okay” and it bumped back and then a tad earlier a few times. I think they will be in the targeted range for me of December; there are too many things that have to happen for me to get it sooner. I can also see delays if parts, orders, etc. cause delays.
with about 3 weeks to ship, they have to build my car in the next week or 2 to make early December, so I expect dates to start to move soon As I get soft matched.
if I’m pushed to January, maybe it will be a 2022. If EOY then I just hope it wasn’t rushed. It will probably start to go crazy in Fremont soon. Like, nuclear!

Sorry buddy, I feel for you... and a bit guilty! But it's not in my garage yet, so we'll see. I noticed they might prioritize those at lease end. I was contacted about another MSM with black interior, but turned that down. But white looks pretty cool and modern in the new LR.
lol. they don't prioritize anyone. it's a dart board.

What exactly is your situation? It's very, very common for employees to split direct deposits up into multiple accounts. It's not difficult for your payroll company/person/etc to set it up where your monthly loan payment goes direct to the bank
I just need to check with HR if they can do it and get it done. Just being lazy and not the biggest fan of it but will do it for this rate!

Reactions: EndlessPlaid

You are getting it fast as you ordered a Plaid and have priority over us poor saps who just got a "cheap" Long Range model of course.

DCU won't accept a split direct deposit, it has to be your whole net salary, according to the lady I spoke to earlier.
She’s wrong. They don’t know how much your full salary is. As long as it’s a direct deposit and not a transfer you should be fine.

Did they keep your price point the same?
Yes; my order was after the 1st $5k increase but before the 2nd. Price matches my Sept order. The sales associate was very helpful; he actually assigned the VIN to my reservation to hold car, and said he would switch config back if I wanted to stick with cream interior.

So the start of my EDD is officially in 24 hours. Who would like to place a bet they overnight a car tomorrow across the entire country and who would like to bet that in 48 hours my EDD gets pushed back to late November - mid December?

Overall, just tired at this point. Damn blindfolded monkey. I thought Elon said 10,000 or some bullshit per month? Maybe he said 6,000... either way, it's like they are doing 60 max.

So the start of my EDD is officially in 24 hours. Who would like to place a bet they overnight a car tomorrow across the entire country and who would like to bet that in 48 hours my EDD gets pushed back to late November - mid December?

Overall, just tired at this point. Damn blindfolded monkey. I thought Elon said 10,000 or some bullshit per month? Maybe he said 6,000... either way, it's like they are doing 60 max.
My EDD started 4 days ago and it’s still holding 😅 No VIN