Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S Refresh - white interior thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So the start of my EDD is officially in 24 hours. Who would like to place a bet they overnight a car tomorrow across the entire country and who would like to bet that in 48 hours my EDD gets pushed back to late November - mid December?

Overall, just tired at this point. Damn blindfolded monkey. I thought Elon said 10,000 or some bullshit per month? Maybe he said 6,000... either way, it's like they are doing 60 max.
I’ll copy and paste this post on Monday 24hrs prior to my EDD. 🤬

Carguru is offering me $43k for my Model 3. Tesla offering me $41.5k... All i need now is for tesla to just give me a proper delivery date. I apparently can have carguru just grab the car anywhere i want lol

I hope this Nov 4-16 is real and not the Blindfolded Monkey typing with his third leg...
The Tesla trade-in may actually save you more money. In Texas you get a sales tax reduction based off the amount of your trade-in. I’m not sure how sales tax works in your state.

Texas:
$41.5k x 6.25% = $2,593

The total value of your trade-in would be $44,093 (in Texas) which is obviously better than $43k from CarGuru.

The Tesla trade-in may actually save you more money. In Texas you get a sales tax reduction based off the amount of your trade-in. I’m not sure how sales tax works in your state.

Texas:
$41.5k x 6.25% = $2,593

The total value of your trade-in would be $44,093 (in Texas) which is obviously better than $43k from CarGuru.
Yeah Virginia is not so kind. They would take all of our money if they could. We pretty much get double taxed here.

"In Virginia, the sales tax applies to the full price of the vehicle without considering trade-ins. Thus, the taxable price of your new vehicle will still be considered to be $10,000 despite your trade-in accounting for $5,000 of the price."

Just got payment request email and VIN assigned...exactly 8 weeks after placing my deposit on 9/2. How the hell did that happen considering some of you guys have been waiting months longer than me? I feel bad for some of you!

After much debate I told my SA to pass on this VIN so I can be guaranteed a 2022 down the road. I hope I don't regret this decision! There is a white on white with 19s and no FSD heading to some lucky chap
Exactly my config (although I have FSD but that's just a bit to flip) - and I've been waiting over a year. Irksome, but I also plan to just wait for an NF VIN at this point.

1635518547455.png

What was the VIN if you recall? Specifically the first three digits after MF.

Just got payment request email and VIN assigned...exactly 8 weeks after placing my deposit on 9/2. How the hell did that happen considering some of you guys have been waiting months longer than me? I feel bad for some of you!

After much debate I told my SA to pass on this VIN so I can be guaranteed a 2022 down the road. I hope I don't regret this decision! There is a white on white with 19s and no FSD heading to some lucky chap

I'm guessing because you're paying more (after price hikes). Pure speculation but I have no other explanation that would make business sense.

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
When i finally get my VIN, can i switch my payment to loan instead of cash? or will that mess with my order?
You can. Just call the main Tesla line and talk to someone. You'll want to have your lender and finance amounts handy to tell them. Your lender will want an updated MVPA with these details on it once you've had those changes made.

Well SUGAR!!!! New EDD February 02 - March 02 from Nov 4 - 16
Ouch, that's REALLY painful. November 4, for Virginia, tells me the car needed to have been shipped by like October 7 or so which clearly didn't happen - so they could have updated long before - regardless, that February - March date tells me they intend to build the batch in (red?) say, in january and then ship out.
I'm slated for December 3-31 which tells me my blue buddy needs to be built pretty much next week or it's not happening, based on the roughly 3 week fremon to nj time. add a few days for actual production (about 4 to 5 days, which to me is amazingly fast) and then add a few days at the SC for final checks.
to me, end of year seems really far, and really close at the same time.
I'd truthfully at this point like a 2022 and if I have to wait another month, so be it - but unless it's a dusty-lot May VIN, I'd be hard pressed to turn away anything for fear that it will be 4 to 6 months longer to get one.
If I didn't have the $15,000 price protection, I might just order a Plaid and say F it.

So the start of my EDD is officially in 24 hours. Who would like to place a bet they overnight a car tomorrow across the entire country and who would like to bet that in 48 hours my EDD gets pushed back to late November - mid December?

Overall, just tired at this point. Damn blindfolded monkey. I thought Elon said 10,000 or some bullshit per month? Maybe he said 6,000... either way, it's like they are doing 60 max.
The only thing I keep seeing about estimated dates and deliveries is everyone thinks the car will show up on day one of a 21 day range. It is a range though.

All that said, I would expect that you get pushed, but hopefully the range tightens up.