Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S Refresh - white interior thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Every time I have to fill up the gas tank on my former weekend car turned daily driver, I lose a little piece of my soul. I had envisioned getting my new Tesla before my employer had us return to working in the office, but that was not to be. I never expected to be commuting in this car (08 Vette, manual 6 speed). I'm thankful I have a second car to drive, but after driving Model Essessess for the last 8 years, it's depressing. A part of me thinks I'll never get my new S. I just want to see ONE of us take delivery of a LR with white interior!

Thank you for listening, therapy session over.

Every time I have to fill up the gas tank on my former weekend car turned daily driver, I lose a little piece of my soul. I had envisioned getting my new Tesla before my employer had us return to working in the office, but that was not to be. I never expected to be commuting in this car (08 Vette, manual 6 speed). I'm thankful I have a second car to drive, but after driving Model Essessess for the last 8 years, it's depressing. A part of me thinks I'll never get my new S. I just want to see ONE of us take delivery of a LR with white interior!

Thank you for listening, therapy session over.
I feel you... I am driving an 02 BMW Z3 and winter is around the corner. I sold my daily driver in August when my ETA was October. I had no clue the Tesla order process was so variable. I know it will be worth it when I get the car, but winter is going to be a struggle until then. Here is hoping that we see some pull forward as the quarter starts. For now I am still blank and have been for a week or so.

I feel you... I am driving an 02 BMW Z3 and winter is around the corner. I sold my daily driver in August when my ETA was October. I had no clue the Tesla order process was so variable. I know it will be worth it when I get the car, but winter is going to be a struggle until then. Here is hoping that we see some pull forward as the quarter starts. For now I am still blank and have been for a week or so.
I suppose I should be thankful I live in FL, at least. Well, for no winter to speak of, anyway

I think we will see some pull forward if the supply chain remains intact at least. In general, cancellations will continue to occur as many people get tired of waiting.

This forum has been very helpful and so I wanted to give back...

On 4/11/21 I ordered a MSLR (Gray/Black/19). On 4/24/21 I changed my order to MSLR with black paint, white interior and 19" wheels. After having a blank EDD for months it populated as August and held for some time. Then a few weeks ago (around the time Tesla sent that email to everyone) I was given a range of Nov 29 to Dec 19. This morning it changed to Oct 30 to Nov 19. I live in New Jersey. Hope this helps someone.
After holding for 21 days my EDD has slipped from Oct30/Nov19 to Nov13/Dec3.

I’ve been holding steady for a month! Then last night pushed back!!!!!

WAS OCT 6-26
NOW IT’S OCT 19- NOVEMBER 8

I REALLY REALLY HATE TESLA. Seriously. I’m so fed up with this company! I use to tell everyone i know to buy and Tesla. And some did. Now I just don’t talk about it. Who treats people like this? I ordered in February! Since then I’ve had almost a dozen different EDDs but never a call from a rep. The waiting stinks, but the lack of explanation and communication is infuriating on my side and lazy and inept on theirs!!
Ok. I’m done. I’ll be at the back of the line pouting if you need me.

WAS OCT 6-26

I REALLY REALLY HATE TESLA. Seriously. I’m so fed up with this company! I use to tell everyone i know to buy and Tesla. And some did. Now I just don’t talk about it. Who treats people like this? I ordered in February! Since then I’ve had almost a dozen different EDDs but never a call from a rep. The waiting stinks, but the lack of explanation and communication is infuriating on my side and lazy and inept on theirs!!
Agree 1,000,000%!!

WAS OCT 6-26

As someone else here posted in the LR delivery thread awhile ago. These are first world problems. I agree, it’s frustrating, but it could be worse…

Communication could be better but I’m not upset. The delays are not entirely Tesla’s fault, it’s suppliers.
Again, the delays aren’t the problem. It’s the lack of explanation and the constant fake dates. I get delays. I know a lot of it is out of their hands. You know what isn’t out of their hands? NOT charging me the higher $10k price to switch to black interior because white seems to be eternally delayed. THAT IS IN THEIR HANDS! I couldn’t give a crap about the interior at this point! But they’ll charge me an extra $10k to change. Meanwhile some schmuck who ordered ten minutes ago gets a car because he guessed the right trim configuration. Also, over building on the Plaid variant. Lists of Plaids avaiblle to pick up now. Meanwhile i ordered in Feb and still don’t have a car!
So please, spare me the “it’s out of their hands” stuff. It just rouses the fire breathing dragon in me

Again, the delays aren’t the problem. It’s the lack of explanation and the constant fake dates. I get delays. I know a lot of it is out of their hands. You know what isn’t out of their hands? NOT charging me the higher $10k price to switch to black interior because white seems to be eternally delayed. THAT IS IN THEIR HANDS! I couldn’t give a crap about the interior at this point! But they’ll charge me an extra $10k to change. Meanwhile some schmuck who ordered ten minutes ago gets a car because he guessed the right trim configuration. Also, over building on the Plaid variant. Lists of Plaids avaiblle to pick up now. Meanwhile i ordered in Feb and still don’t have a car!
So please, spare me the “it’s out of their hands” stuff. It just rouses the fire breathing dragon in me
Agree 2,000,000%

What bothers me the most is that the more the dates change the more it seems blatantly obvious that they do this to "hook" people with totally unrealistic dates purely to capture an order.

Everyone (both Tesla stans and Tesla themselves) talk about how this is due to chip shortages as a result of increased demand, that argument makes zero sense. You place an order, get put in a queue. 10 million people could have ordered a tesla in August and it should not affect my May order at all.

Communication could be better but I’m not upset. The delays are not entirely Tesla’s fault, it’s suppliers.
Communication could be 20x better. E.G: "Your EDD just went blank because there is a shortage of chip xyz, we expect to get more info on Y". "Your EDD moved back 3 weeks because we are having trouble getting the vegan leather for your seats, we will update you again in 10 days". Instead it's "Screw you, we own you"