Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S Refresh - white interior thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
At this point, there is NF way we are getting MF VINs... especially if LR spec
iu

if you seriously feel that way, then I don't know why you still have an order. I totally understand why you're frustrated. I would feel the same way if I was treated the same by Chevy, Toyota, Audi or any other legacy car company. However, if I walked into a Ferrari or McClaren dealer for the first time and told them I wanted one of their top of the line models configured just as I want it, I wonder how quickly I could get a reliable EDD, and how far out it would be? Some others here likely have good experience with these dealers and may comment. Why I don't lose my sugar with Tesla is I feel it's a totally different animal. Still a startup with way more irons in the fire than they can handle. I know that I'll eventually get my Plaid, and while it may not be perfect when delivered I am confident that they will make it right. And I'm confident that it is going to make me feel 17 again.
I don't post here often, but I've gotta say: are we telepathically connected? I could not have ever put it better myself. As I've said multiple times, people look at Tesla's manufacturing, design, battery and powertrain and SW prowess, and associate that to a much older company. Companies that have been building cars for over 90 years have yet to understand and innovate as much as this newcomer is. Tesla's only been building the MS for 9 years. That's an infant in automotive years. Go to any other manufacturer's dealers right now, and you'll either get told to buckle up for a long wait time, or get totally ripped off because the dealers have the power of low supply, high demand. They can charge whatever they want, and some person will pay. I know people personally that have had this occur, and it is horrible.

I've always looked at it as the longer it takes to arrive, the better and more dialed in it will be, along with who knows how many changes on the production line. For all we know, the car that you guys are waiting for may have features that haven't even been announced yet. These thoughts would help me stay calm and positive, and to make the wait totally tolerable, knowing that I would be waiting for what may be the best car in the world.😄👍

Last edited:
I don't post here often, but I've gotta say: are we telepathically connected? I could not have ever put it better myself. As I've said multiple times, people look at Tesla's manufacturing, design, battery and powertrain and SW prowess, and associate that to a much older company. Companies that have been building cars for over 90 years have yet to understand and innovate as much as this newcomer is. Tesla's only been building the MS for 9 years. That's an infant in automotive years. Go to any other manufacturer's dealers right now, and you'll either get told to buckle up for a long wait time, or get totally ripped off because the dealers have the power of low supply, high demand. They can charge whatever they want, and some person will pay. I know people personally that have had this occur, and it is horrible.

I've always looked at it as the longer it takes to arrive, the better and more dialed in it will be, along with who knows how many changes on the production line. For all we know, the car that you guys are waiting for may have features that haven't even been announced yet. These thoughts would help me stay calm and positive, and to make the wait totally tolerable, knowing that I would be waiting for what may be the best car in the world.😄👍
Well said. You are definitely a "Spreader of Endless Positivity"

PSA - on a Facebook Plaid group, there is a lady that bought a Plaid/red/white interior cf/ 19’s that doesn’t want to take delivery of the car anymore (CA), but she already paid for it if anyone wants to take it over. I don’t know any details, just sharing incase someone is interested.
Man, I’d do this if I wasn’t on the other side of the country.

you sure use a lot of words to say "savant"