Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S Refresh - white interior thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It's annoying that we all had to order our cars without being able to see what it looks like irl. The colors are so hard to capture with a camera, and the perception of colors changes a lot with the lighting, exterior of the car, and whether you photograph the interior with passengers or empty.

I wish Tesla had told us all months ago that white interior or CF was in short supply, I probably would have changed to another combo and saved a few months of frustration.
Tesla must have believed in January that they had all the white interiors they needed because they told me February/March 2021 when I made my purchase. I'm sure they weren't just making up false delivery estimates. I wonder what caused the unforeseen 7+ month delay in white interiors! :rolleyes: Frauds and liars.

Still blank, the longer it stays blank the more i feel ill get pushed to 2022
I think the dates should calm down after EOQ push, and then whatever date you get is probably the likely scenario.

Come mid-October, if my date says 2022, I'll assume that's probably when it's coming. At that point, I may just conceed and get a Taycan.

B966AD88-640C-4478-9F5B-6A3280D06823.png
FCC21DE7-6742-49A7-8FC7-C79ADA012F18.png

Anyone think the white/CF combo looks a little stark or harsh on the eyes? Anyone seen it in real life? It doesn’t photograph too well due to the contrast.
I have not seen it in the refresh MS; I have C.F. interior in another car and really like it (my seats are not white, they are gray). Had we been offered the C.F. option on the LR, I would have chosen it. I think the wood however, will be fine.

I much perfer the wood with the White interior. I think it needs some color between the white and black. I was quite happy when they let us switch Plaid orders to Walnut.

*Disclaimer: I haven't seen either in person yet.
Ditto. While I wanted CF, the inventory offer for white/walnut was more than I could resist. I hope to see my new baby tomorrow if they'll let me, and do a detailed inspection in advance of my Saturday morning delivery.

I much perfer the wood with the White interior. I think it needs some color between the white and black. I was quite happy when they let us switch Plaid orders to Walnut.

*Disclaimer: I haven't seen either in person yet.
I agree with you. Picked mine up today.

Attachments

• IMG_3503.jpeg
    IMG_3503.jpeg
    454.6 KB · Views: 58
  • IMG_3508.jpeg
    IMG_3508.jpeg
    498.5 KB · Views: 58
  • IMG_3509.jpeg
    IMG_3509.jpeg
    516.5 KB · Views: 62