Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S Refresh - white interior thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
There are at least two @Sbaimo and one other user I forget. But it was EoQ June and August I think.
I guess I was one of the lucky ones. I ordered 12/15/20 and was told January/February delivery as I told SA I wanted the rumored refresh and did not want old model. Then March then April etc. I finally received notice of delivery for 6/28 then the 29th. Then was called with delivery on the 6/30 and told I would be delivered that night to my home. I noticed that the vin also changed that day. Not sure why or how, but car was delivered that night almost flaw free. One piece of window molding/sound proofing looked a little discolored. They told me to stop by anytime to sc and they would fix.
i love this car. White seats look great and clean easy with baby wipes.

If they're having a issue with LR white interiors, why not install the plaid white interior with the black piping and get sales, don't think they cost that much more. They instead don't lose sales and keep their customers happy, no nvm customer service is not a priority with tesla

The "right" thing to do would allow us to switch to cream or black without paying the +$10k new price AND getting bumped to dead last in delivery dates.

If they're having a issue with LR white interiors, why not install the plaid white interior with the black piping and get sales, don't think they cost that much more. They instead don't lose sales and keep their customers happy, no nvm customer service is not a priority with tesla
When waiting for my (and everyone on the forum who had pre-ordered the refresh everyone was so frustrated including me, many of us weee talking about alternatives such as MB, other electrics and I even thought about buying a demo of the old model S.
i believe after the plaid event they seemed to be delivering only plaids, even orders that were only three weeks old while customers like myself were waiting over 6 months for out LR. I considered changing to plaid or even a different color. I am glad I waited for the colors I ordered.

as far as Tesla’s customer service and concern for their customers, it is almost non existent. They do not seem to give a crap about customers. Maybe because in the long run they believe most people will love their Tesla. This is my first ev, and I am thrilled with the vehicle. Happy I waited.
but if there was a competitive car available that had decent customer service, I would prefer to buy from them for my next ev in about 3 years. I really hated dealing with Tesla.

When waiting for my (and everyone on the forum who had pre-ordered the refresh everyone was so frustrated including me, many of us weee talking about alternatives such as MB, other electrics and I even thought about buying a demo of the old model S.
i believe after the plaid event they seemed to be delivering only plaids, even orders that were only three weeks old while customers like myself were waiting over 6 months for out LR. I considered changing to plaid or even a different color. I am glad I waited for the colors I ordered.

as far as Tesla’s customer service and concern for their customers, it is almost non existent. They do not seem to give a crap about customers. Maybe because in the long run they believe most people will love their Tesla. This is my first ev, and I am thrilled with the vehicle. Happy I waited.
but if there was a competitive car available that had decent customer service, I would prefer to buy from them for my next ev in about 3 years. I really hated dealing with Tesla.

It's hit or miss, in some regards they cater really well to customers. Like loaner cars and Uber credits. Sometimes they give me way more credits than I need just for the heck of it. They can be generous at times and harsh sticklers without regard for customers in other aspects, and it can change at any given time. Tesla has sent me a lot of expensive free stuff over the years and it's always randomly out of the blue. The $10k order change fee is dumb though. We all would have had cars months ago if not for that.

which Plaid white seats lol
they have the same issue you see them very sporadic as well

This works as long as there is no competition. Within the next year, many brands are coming out with direct competitors. If Tesla wants to maintain its status as top dog of performance EV they will absolutely have to make some changes. If the EQS wasn't so horrifyingly ugly I would have already canceled my S order. I went to the benz dealer and they were able to tell me EXACTLY which options would extend delivery, and made it very very clear that if I ordered an EQS they would keep me directly posted on order date changes. I didn't mention my frustrations with my S order, but it was blatantly obvious that MB is aware of our frustrations and has instructed their team to focus on the customer service benefits.

It's hit or miss, in some regards they cater really well to customers. Like loaner cars and Uber credits. Sometimes they give me way more credits than I need just for the heck of it. They can be generous at times and harsh sticklers without regard for customers in other aspects, and it can change at any given time. Tesla has sent me a lot of expensive free stuff over the years and it's always randomly out of the blue. The $10k order change fee is dumb though. We all would have had cars months ago if not for that.

Offering a loaner car is about the lowest tier of customer service imaginable. Every manufacturer offers a loaner car other than the extreme value brands.

This works as long as there is no competition. Within the next year, many brands are coming out with direct competitors. If Tesla wants to maintain its status as top dog of performance EV they will absolutely have to make some changes. If the EQS wasn't so horrifyingly ugly I would have already canceled my S order. I went to the benz dealer and they were able to tell me EXACTLY which options would extend delivery, and made it very very clear that if I ordered an EQS they would keep me directly posted on order date changes. I didn't mention my frustrations with my S order, but it was blatantly obvious that MB is aware of our frustrations and has instructed their team to focus on the customer service benefits.
I couldn't have designed a car more hideous than the EQS if I tried. Not sure how it went from the most beautiful concept vehicle I have seen to the ugly production version. Also the performance was lackluster. I think we'll have to wait a couple more years for a real competitor, maybe Lucid maybe not.

I couldn't have designed a car more hideous than the EQS if I tried. Not sure how it went from the most beautiful concept vehicle I have seen to the ugly production version. Also the performance was lackluster. I think we'll have to wait a couple more years for a real competitor, maybe Lucid maybe not.
Agreed 100%. Tesla has the best looking EV followed by Lucid. I think Lucid and Rivian will be the real competitors rather than BMW, MB, Porsche etc.

The "right" thing to do would allow us to switch to cream or black without paying the +$10k new price AND getting bumped to dead last in delivery

Agreed 100%. Tesla has the best looking EV followed by Lucid. I think Lucid and Rivian will be the real competitors rather than BMW, MB, Porsche etc.
You find the 11year old body of the model S better looking then the Taycan???

You find the 11year old body of the model S better looking then the Taycan???
IMO, the Taycan has the best looking exterior of any EV. But the interior is too legacy-auto for me.

It's like they thought just tossing in as many screens as possible made the interior futuristic. Their software is leagues behind Tesla.

The Model S isn't really dated on the exterior, but it isn't as bold as the Taycan IMO.