Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S Refresh - white interior thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Now I want some fries 🍟!!!!!
I look forward to seeing your Model S wrapped in this. Will hold my personal opinion.

Edit: bummer, thought the image would show. Here is a teaser. Or a reason not to click on the link.
2z4a6b2njky71.jpg
Now I want some fries 🍟!!!

Another tidbit my contact told me, my car will be built Nov 8 and my car is “confirmed” to be a 2022. We’ll find out this week if he was correct.

You and me both. My contact has very reliable info so assuming he's correct that means Nov. 8 would be the start of 2022 VINs. After a 10 month wait it would be pretty sweet to have my build perfectly timed with the 2022 switch.
MRW i am waiting for a reply on online dating sites - Imgur.gif

View attachment 731087I got a MF VIN today! I checked my account for updates around 830 ET as usual, saw no change and went about my business. Checked my email a couple hours later and received 2 emails with subjects: “Your Model S Final Payment is Ready” and “Model S Finance VIN Available”!!!
Salty, jealous, and plenty of other feelings. Congrats

So I'm four days away from the beginning of my EDD widow (14-28 Nov) and I still don't have a VIN or any correspondence from Tesla. The Operation Advisor had told me back in late Oct that the vehicle should be in Va on Nov 8th and to look for a VIN shortly. Needless to say that came and went with no update from Tesla. After a few emails, I was told is that there was a "delay in production" and that I should get my order soon. Definitely frustrating seeing orders after 1/29 get VIN's. Looking forward to doing that club soon.

View attachment 731087I got a MF VIN today! I checked my account for updates around 830 ET as usual, saw no change and went about my business. Checked my email a couple hours later and received 2 emails with subjects: “Your Model S Final Payment is Ready” and “Model S Finance VIN Available”!!!
Congratulations

None official. My SA implied that even S's built after Nov 1 would be 2022 VINs, although a poster in this thread claimed a Nov 2nd build date and MF VIN (I'm skeptical of the 11/2 build date part - that's probably the date it popped out, not the date it started build processing and was assigned a VIN).

And supposedly, mine is finally "In Production". No VIN, 11/20-12/4 EDD window.
it's not in production till you get a VIN. and SAs are going by past years. mine said same thing but actually said based on previous years. this year is different once again for Tesla. don't hold your breath for a 2022 before Jan 15 2022. if it happens sooner hurray. but doubt it.

yikes. 451. that's an old build. but hurray! ask what the build date is. I'm guessing Julyish.

edit... added email to my SA I just wrote lol

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211109-201524_Gmail.jpg
    Screenshot_20211109-201524_Gmail.jpg
    460.8 KB · Views: 62
Last edited:
So I'm four days away from the beginning of my EDD widow (14-28 Nov) and I still don't have a VIN or any correspondence from Tesla. The Operation Advisor had told me back in late Oct that the vehicle should be in Va on Nov 8th and to look for a VIN shortly. Needless to say that came and went with no update from Tesla. After a few emails, I was told is that there was a "delay in production" and that I should get my order soon. Definitely frustrating seeing orders after 1/29 get VIN's. Looking forward to doing that club soon.
Damn. You should have the car assigned to me, not me getting it. Sorry.

it's not in production till you get a VIN. and SAs are going by past years. mine said same thing but actually said based on previous years. this year is different once again for Tesla. don't hold your breath for a 2022 before Jan 15 2022. if it happens sooner hurray. but doubt it.
You are wrong. There are numerous instances where the VIN is assigned AFTER the build date. From the ample anecdotal evidence it seems they don’t assign before build because they don’t even know if the car is viable or will have to be scrapped due to an unfixable issue.

Damn. You should have the car assigned to me, not me getting it. Sorry.
@cwanja we all deserve out vehicles. I know I am not alone when I say, I'm not a fan of how Tesla goes about how and when vehicles are being delivered. If anything, when I saw that you received a VIN (I was ecstatic for you especially since we have the same config) and was hoping for my profile to be updated also since Tesla makes vehicles in batches......I eagerly will be "refreshing" my profile a lil more often than usual the next couple days.