Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021 Model Year Refresh: Owners' Thoughts?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Sorry. What @WilliamG was saying in that they can argue this wasn’t advertised for earlier Refresh (2021) models. It (AAA gaming) was one of the central infotainment features Tesla highlighted, continuously.

Again, a lawyer could easily argue their way out of this. Currently says:

"Up to 10 teraflops of processing power unlock in-car gaming on-par with today’s newest consoles. Play from any seat with wireless controller and headset compatibility."

The Nintendo Switch is today's newest console from Nintendo, and Beach Buggy Racing runs and looks better than anything the Switch can do. And Cuphead is a newer title. Obligation fulfilled!

Look at FSD availability and the 200mph advertised top speed of the Plaid - both lies. I'm not saying I agree with Tesla, but, it's an argument they can make. And those (FSD/Top Speed) lies were far more explicit.

Oh, and speaking of which - where's that headset compatibility mentioned in the above citation? Oh that's right, - another lie.

Last edited:
  • Helpful
Reactions: Muzzman1 and jebinc
In for the drama, possible class-action, BBB complaints, etc. During the reveal these things were advertised and now we get screwed by Tesla once again. Just like with the crap shoot Faux Self Driving, tilting screen, etc. Unreal.

Launch to 10/21 will have to be retrofit. Can’t confirm 100% just yet but that’s what it’s looking like. There were also other hardware changes in November that coincide with the ram and storage upgrade like the still disabled horn pad on the yoke.

Launch to 10/21 will have to be retrofit. Can’t confirm 100% just yet but that’s what it’s looking like. There were also other hardware changes in November that coincide with the ram and storage upgrade like the still disabled horn pad on the yoke.
Yea they’ll delay that “retrofit” until everyone who cares just upgrades to new cars and those who don’t care will be the ones left with the 2021 refresh models.

Well if there is any delay on a retrofit that Elon has already said yes to then you have hardware 4 to look forward to as well. As they will be upgraded at the same time. We really lucked out with these cars that can have so many parts swapped out like this. Old s was not quite as easy.

Well if there is any delay on a retrofit that Elon has already said yes to then you have hardware 4 to look forward to as well. As they will be upgraded at the same time. We really lucked out with these cars that can have so many parts swapped out like this. Old s was not quite as easy.
I’ll believe it when I see it.

Ask all the early adopters of FSD who are still waiting for their retrofit camera…. There’s a whole thread on this. Don’t anyone expect this retrofit to come any time soon (as in years).

Where do you get this? Mine is a 21 made in the first week of November. I have fsd beta so might be a while before I get the update.
You can’t check your RAM without the new update. You could have 8GB or 16GB. If you have 8GB, welcome to the new family of rejected refresh owners who won’t get to enjoy Steam.

Hey if this dude could do it we can too.

I’m all for going to court and not having Tesla show up and getting a default win. Might as well throw in the tilting screen claim while I’m there. Doesn’t matter how much “lawyer” talk everyone is tryna justify is they don’t show up at all!

Now If, I remember this correctly the car with 8gb Ram 2021 S/X Refresh also has 128gb on board storage VS 256gb storage which was with16g ram.

when the retrofit does happen will that be upgraded as well to 256G for onboard storage ?
This is correct also some had only 64GB at one point as hacker green and I discussed about 7-8 months ago. Apparently that’s all Tesla can get their hands on. I have a June built 21 plaid but I did have my computer changed and December 1921 so I have my fingers crossed but I doubt it.

• Informative
Reactions: 127.0.0.0