Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021 Model Year Refresh: Owners' Thoughts?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You can check if you have the 16gb RAM by seeing if you have the RJ45 connector under the screen.

Sadly I do not.
I wonder if that extra RJ45 connector is why some of us (like me) with newer vehicles have that left side of that cover sagging down just a little. Probably Tesla did the minimum to re-engineer the clips to hold the extra weight of the cable/connector pressing down. Just a guess, of course, but it would not surprise me one bit.

Some of the retrofits they did fine but this one I am not sure either. I also have a 2018 Model 3 When it came brand new had the 2.5 HW, I was able to get a HW3.0 upgrade on that..
Now not sure if being in CA made a difference.
No idea. In most all of those cases, it was a long time, if ever, before the customers had the retrofit installed. Talking about it coming s00n, doesn't count.

Reactions: Ramphex
Just got this today from tesla regarding a retrofit on earlier cars.

Attachments

• AEF83039-948A-4964-9F9F-60E2F471EDE0.jpeg
    AEF83039-948A-4964-9F9F-60E2F471EDE0.jpeg
    233.4 KB · Views: 162
Just got this today from tesla regarding a retrofit on earlier cars.
OMG I hope this is a free upgrade Vs Paid .. As this was clearly advertised on delivery day event to work...

Try pointing out to SC on the video of the delivery day event and see what they have to say..

Also now I wonder when they do upgrade the screen which sounds like ... Could be wrong but will it also than get the screen tilt motors to work ?

Last edited:
Reactions: AcesAreWld
So good news is that they’re confirming it’s possible and available (unlike the tilting screen which they’re not even entertaining). I’m sure we could fight for the cost piece of it if we raise enough of a ruckus.

I agree, Also remember guys this was clearly even on order page when placing order showing titles like Witcher

Reactions: Ramphex and d1ez3
Is this a joke? $2000 for something we paid for already? Yeah right. This will have to be free
That is what I feel like too. We did pay for this feature to work with right out of the box.

NO where on Tesla order page it mentioned requiring any additional ram or price for this to work.

Not only that this was Even shown to be working on Delivery day Event with CyberPunk2077 being played.

Reactions: jebinc and Ramphex
Once we all get this holiday update, we need to start putting together compilation of articles, videos, web archives, screen shots, etc. Then start with a petition and a BBB complaint. If Tesla chooses to give us the shaft, draft up a law suit.

I could build a high end gaming PC for $2,000. Not a chance I’m spending that on some garbage in car entertainment computer that runs Linux with a limited game gallery, especially after being promised something prior to spending $100k on this car.

I had got a PDF quote from Tesla regarding a retrofit. Looks about the same, $1825 for the MCU, + Labor + Tax. So a bit over two grand.
Looks like I should just bring my steam deck along with me when I stop to charge or chill.
I am curious how you guys are getting PDF quotes and cost estimates in the service app. Myself and others have had multiple service appointments flat out cancelled with SC stating retrofit is simply unavailable and not offered at this time, and to check the app in the future.

• Informative
Reactions: 127.0.0.0