Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021 Model Year Refresh: Owners' Thoughts?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Picked up my car on January 17th 2022. I did not expect it to have 16gb of ram as most here said it was introduced after February or so. Anyways, I went and checked my hardware specs In the software tab and to my surprise, saw 16gb of ram. So I was able to install steam.

Attachments

• E91CCCB4-72D0-42F5-8DB7-45BF54930B5C.jpeg
    E91CCCB4-72D0-42F5-8DB7-45BF54930B5C.jpeg
    213.4 KB · Views: 81
Reactions: 127.0.0.0
No GPS location. It just drifts off the road. Surprisingly breaks a lot of things on the car. FSD and autopilot won't engage at all. The air suspension doesn't raise at the right locations so I've been bottoming out the car all over the place. Even when I manually raise the suspension, without GPS the suspension drops after I move a few feet, so I have to watch it and keep hitting the raise over and over again. Of course, homelink doesn't work either.

I've reset a few times, it won't come back. Something about the interior camera being active breaks the GPS. They never bothered to test the interior camera and the GPS at the same time, and they don't work together.

Ship first, don't fix it later! Tesla mottoes.
I had that GPS drift issue, (check my other post) apparently there is a new camera module that has better shielding. Got the car for few weeks now and no issues.

Once we all get this holiday update, we need to start putting together compilation of articles, videos, web archives, screen shots, etc. Then start with a petition and a BBB complaint. If Tesla chooses to give us the shaft, draft up a law suit.

I could build a high end gaming PC for $2,000. Not a chance I’m spending that on some garbage in car entertainment computer that runs Linux with a limited game gallery, especially after being promised something prior to spending $100k on this car.
Exactly my thoughts on the situation. I believe I was the very first person to be quoted the $2000. Heck for that prize, I could get a 75 inch TV and a PS5….. i’m in the plaid event demo was some straight up false advertising if I’ve ever seen it. I do not believe if this was to go to court that there is any chance Tesla would win.

The last thing I was told from them was, it would be an out-of-pocket pay of $1900 plus tax installedView attachment 887642
I would let them know that this was clearly advertised at delivery day event and this is a feature that you have already paid for, from the get go. Have there Service manager give you a call.. I would keep pushing them...

Tesla is in the WRONG here. False/Misleading Advertising... They will loose this in the court for sure :)

I would let them know that this was clearly advertised at delivery day event and this is a feature that you have already paid for, from the get go. Have there Service manager give you a call.. I would keep pushing them...

Tesla is in the WRONG here. False/Misleading Advertising... They will loose this in the court for sure :)
What's happening for this makes me little hesitate to purchase next Cybertruck for early delivery. Or even should I move to different company? It's not only losing the case from court, they'll lose many tesla fans who purchased their most expensive cars at the moment

I know in the past some of the Rubber Seal was failing on the Model X builds.

And you have to change the entire glass assembly on the falcon door roof. that rubber seal was failing because of poor part designed as it was getting beaten down by UV prematurely. $1.5 to 2k for that fix. You will find on this forum plenty of examples people went thru the arbitration process and won... Just saying I am not taking there $2k estimate for this feature to work, as this is something We have already paid for...