Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021 MS 19” Tempest Delivery Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Wasn't someone supposed to take delivery of MS-LR with 19" wheel today? If so we would love to get some feedback.
I think @GrnSqrl has one? Took delivery Thursday.

Edit: yep
Screen Shot 2021-08-28 at 12.55.59 PM.png

Reactions: T-Racer
I think @GrnSqrl has one? Took delivery Thursday.

Edit: yep
View attachment 702560
Yes, picked up Wednesday, drove it 33 miles home and then dropped off at detailer for PPF/ceramic/tint on Thursday. I thought the ride was great, not noisy at all, but my frame of reference is a Honda Accord. Lol. I’m still working with post-delivery tech on whether I got the correct tires. See attached. I’m thinking you were asking about performance though, and with so few miles, I’m afraid I’m not much help yet.

Attachments

• 667742A2-846D-4290-B251-BEBEF7B8F4A1.jpeg
    667742A2-846D-4290-B251-BEBEF7B8F4A1.jpeg
    224.9 KB · Views: 54
  • 427EBEA7-ADBA-4D74-87F3-4D9578D643BC.jpeg
    427EBEA7-ADBA-4D74-87F3-4D9578D643BC.jpeg
    192.3 KB · Views: 56
Yes, picked up Wednesday, drove it 33 miles home and then dropped off at detailer for PPF/ceramic/tint on Thursday. I thought the ride was great, not noisy at all, but my frame of reference is a Honda Accord. Lol. I’m still working with post-delivery tech on whether I got the correct tires. See attached. I’m thinking you were asking about performance though, and with so few miles, I’m afraid I’m not much help yet.
Is summer or all season listed on the Monroney window sticker?

What does references to “non performance S“ mean? Seems older terminology vs long range and plaid nowadays. I’m following your lead watching for an update. I plan on raising a stink per my other post today on the tires. 🙏

Reactions: T-Racer
What does references to “non performance S“ mean? Seems older terminology vs long range and plaid nowadays. I’m following your lead watching for an update. I plan on raising a stink per my other post today on the tires. 🙏
That’s exactly the way I interpreted it: non-performance = LR and performance = Plaid.

I had 21” Michelin super sport on my P100D here in New York. These are performance summer tires. I had the car for 3.5 years before lease ran out. I never had any problem with traction on rain, snow, dry, etc… they were always grippy and up to the task. I am getting the Michelin 4s on my 19” order. The 4S supersede the Super sport.

Reactions: SgtPepper67
I had 21” Michelin super sport on my P100D here in New York. These are performance summer tires. I had the car for 3.5 years before lease ran out. I never had any problem with traction on rain, snow, dry, etc… they were always grippy and up to the task. I am getting the Michelin 4s on my 19” order. The 4S supersede the Super sport.
Interesting. I think I agree with you. Even here in Boston, unless it’s a nasty nor’easter, most streets are bare but wet next morning. I’ve never had “summer” tires before so appreciate your perspective! (I also have an awesome, jacked up, 2 door Wrangler I tend to love taking out in the snow).
I just figure they’d slip around more when roads were ice slick! I just wish I got the 21’s now had I known lol…but really not lol. I’m really pissed my SA sold me on “all season” 19’s now. Thanks for insight!

Adding, I googled them and seems the issue isn’t traction but temperature!! Oh boy lol. Saw lots of references to 45 Fahrenheit as the cut off. That eliminates January to June in Boston 😂 So…I will cause a stink if they send summers to Massachusetts for a fall delivery either making me walk in the winter (won’t mention the Jeep) or cost me thousands to buy new tires for a new car.

Last edited:
Reactions: T-Racer and GrnSqrl
Interesting. I think I agree with you. Even here in Boston, unless it’s a nasty nor’easter, most streets are bare but wet next morning. I’ve never had “summer” tires before so appreciate your perspective! (I also have an awesome, jacked up, 2 door Wrangler I tend to love taking out in the snow).
I just figure they’d slip around more when roads were ice slick! I just wish I got the 21’s now had I known lol…but really not lol. I’m really pissed my SA sold me on “all season” 19’s now. Thanks for insight!

Adding, I googled them and seems the issue isn’t traction but temperature!! Oh boy lol. Saw lots of references to 45 Fahrenheit as the cut off. That eliminates January to June in Boston 😂 So…I will cause a stink if they send summers to Massachusetts for a fall delivery either making me walk in the winter (won’t mention the Jeep) or cost me thousands to buy new tires for a new car.
I drove the P100D to Montreal from NYC and back on the super sport summer tires in February 2018. Temperature never went above 10F for four days. The car never slid once even though there was snow. The tires lasted well beyond that trip. On another trip it was raining so hard for 4 hours in the fall traffic was moving 50 mph. I had the car on auto pilot at 75mph for 2 hours straight and never lost grip or hydroplated.
You have to keep in mind that even with summer tires you are driving a 5000lbs all wheel drive car. There is so much weight on the tires they almost never lose grip. I would slam the throttle even on rainy wet days while turning and I couldn’t get the car to drift. I dare anyone to try to get the car to skid. It’s very hard!

I drove the P100D to Montreal from NYC and back on the super sport summer tires in February 2018. Temperature never went above 10F for four days. The car never slid once even though there was snow. The tires lasted well beyond that trip. On another trip it was raining so hard for 4 hours in the fall traffic was moving 50 mph. I had the car on auto pilot at 75mph for 2 hours straight and never lost grip or hydroplated.
You have to keep in mind that even with summer tires you are driving a 5000lbs all wheel drive car. There is so much weight on the tires they almost never lose grip. I would slam the throttle even on rainy wet days while turning and I couldn’t get the car to drift. I dare anyone to try to get the car to skid. It’s very hard!
Right. I was absolutely understanding that until I found the Pirelli tires and started reading about their warranty. It’s not a 20 degree cut off. It’s 45 degrees. It says the rubber they use for performance summer tires with continued exposure to cold could crack. We have weeks up here it doesn’t get above 10. So while we agree about not slipping and all, the point is why would they not have an all season option for what’s essentially a sedan hatchback in colder, snowier geos? Whether I’m willingly to risk it or not is one thing, but there are people out there that just won’t. Here are some screen shots on the tires I’ve seen on some recent deliveries. And for me this is still a buyer remorse thing. He told me they were all season. If I knew they were summer tires, I’d be sitting here with the 21’s instead right now.

Attachments

• FFAD8510-7F02-4C42-886B-38749AA01AB8.jpeg
    FFAD8510-7F02-4C42-886B-38749AA01AB8.jpeg
    230.4 KB · Views: 53
  • 5F3A3CA4-6802-49B7-AC8F-7C5829CF9BB1.jpeg
    5F3A3CA4-6802-49B7-AC8F-7C5829CF9BB1.jpeg
    508 KB · Views: 54
  • 207084C1-1A19-496E-AD7E-669C05A14DE1.jpeg
    207084C1-1A19-496E-AD7E-669C05A14DE1.jpeg
    422.9 KB · Views: 54
Last edited: