Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Any Model S Refresh/Plaid owners with the 21” Arachnid wheels regret not going with the 19” Tempests?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Please delete if not allowed. I’ve seen a few guys in this forum talking about wishing they had gone with the 19” Tempest wheels for better range, a smoother and more comfortable ride, less wear and longer life out of the rear tires, etc. Well, I just listed a set of new takeoffs with under 200 miles: 😁

https://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/threads/genuine-oem-2021-2023-tesla-model-s-refresh-long-range-plaid-19”-tempest-wheels-continental-procontact-rx-tires-under-200-miles-san-diego-ca.302621/

Zero regret getting the 19s, over the $4500 extra 21s. Zero regret.

IMG_2446.jpeg

No regrets with the 21" OEM. Was that the question??
I just switched back to the OEM 21s from my winters (19" OEM Tempests). I really missed having the 21s on. The handling on the factory PS4S is just... wowzers. My only regret is finding Tesla screwing the pooch when it comes to the inner tire wear in the rear, but maybe I'll get lucky or that I don't drive enough where that's likely to happen during my ownership of the car. Guess I'll find out.

Sold my OEM 21s after 1 week owning the Plaid to fellow member @Tman458, who I met in person for the trade (great guy!), and had them swapped with the OEM 19s I bought at a nearby SC for ~$5.5K. Other than the Arachnids looking better than the Tempests, I have no regrets so far. Better ride quality, quieter, better range, durability. They even look quite nice without the Tempest Aero Wheel covers that I opted not to purchase, instead opting for center caps with the Tesla emblem, similar the photo that @jebinc has shown above.

Sold my OEM 21s after 1 week owning the Plaid to fellow member @Tman458, who I met in person for the trade (great guy!), and had them swapped with the OEM 19s I bought at a nearby SC for ~$5.5K. Other than the Arachnids looking better than the Tempests, I have no regrets so far. Better ride quality, quieter, better range, durability. They even look quite nice without the Tempest Aero Wheel covers that I opted not to purchase, instead opting for center caps with the Tesla emblem, similar the photo that @jebinc has shown above.
That’s my winter setup!

IMG_9660.jpeg

I am replacing my 19’s with 20” HRE’s and went with the Continental tires. I hate Pirelli and the Michelin in the size I needed was to summer based. Will send pics when wheels arrive and provide sound update.