Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Any Model S Refresh/Plaid owners with the 21” Arachnid wheels regret not going with the 19” Tempests?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
+10

One of the very rare instances where I only like the look of OEM wheels. The current gen arachnids with the fat aero lip is a very modern look/feature. I wouldn't have an MSP without them.
Crazy thing with the 21’ pkg is Tesla doesn’t give you the 19’ also. If you think about it the 19’ are free come with the car. When you buy the 21” wheels you don’t also get the 19”s.

Reactions: CDrury and jebinc
It’s not the weight it’s the circumference of the wheel, even if you have 20lb wheels for 21 inches you will get the similar miles as the Tesla 21s. $550p for the Tesla Cinderblocks, no thanks you can finds a nice forged set for that range.
My wheels are forged 20" wheels that are equivalent to OE 19" in weight and the 20" tires I use are same or close to the circumference as 19 factory... I run on the front 255/40R20 vs oe 255/45r19 which is at 88". The rear which is 295/35R20 vs oe 285/40R19 with a variation difference of 88.3 vs oe 87.8 circumference... The factory 21" circumference is 89.7 rear. What this means is that my set up will still be better than factory 21" but a bit worse off from the 19" OEM setup as I anticipated.

I love the 19" in terms of comfort and range. Just updated to 20" but with same weight of the 19" 20x10 and 20x11.5 but with factory width tires in 20" for identical road contact. Will be checking to see how much range hit will be as there is no hub caps on these.
View attachment 940250
where did u get them from? and what tire sizes did go to with? Also did u install any spacers? Love the lock and I also have a blue MS refresh
@Yblue

I originally ordered the 19s back when the current gen launched in 2021, but ended up changing to the 21s to get the car earlier.

I think the Arachnids look great, but the cost in $ and range is probably not worth it. I’m actually considering moving to a new 2023 model, and if I end up going for it, I’ll be getting the 19s.

• Love
Reactions: jebinc
I love the 19" in terms of comfort and range. Just updated to 20" but with same weight of the 19" 20x10 and 20x11.5 but with factory width tires in 20" for identical road contact. Will be checking to see how much range hit will be as there is no hub caps on these.
View attachment 940250
Can you share more about what 20" wheels you bought and the tires? I may want to do this, as may look nicer, and may still have the same feel as the 19 inchers?

I am running 20x10" Signature SV501 wheels in a square config with 295/35/20 tires. My wheels weigh less than the factory 19's did. With the square config, I'll retain my full 30k tread wear warranty whereas a staggered setup cuts that in half. I can also rotate my wheels front to back.

If you like them, reach out to Jamie. He is @SignatureSales on the forum here. He may be a bit slow to respond at the moment as I believe he is out of town for a bit.

IMG_2009.jpg

• Love
Reactions: WilliamG and jebinc
Can you share more about what 20" wheels you bought and the tires? I may want to do this, as may look nicer, and may still have the same feel as the 19 inchers?
These are from 6061 Vforged wheels. What I've noticed though thus far on 20" it really depends on the tire. I went with Pirelli pzero but without foam and it becomes much louder and rougher. If you like 19" ride and feel ALOT, then the 20" depending on the tire may not be your cup of tea... The mileage hit also was probably 10%.

I am running 20x10" Signature SV501 wheels in a square config with 295/35/20 tires. My wheels weigh less than the factory 19's did. With the square config, I'll retain my full 30k tread wear warranty whereas a staggered setup cuts that in half. I can also rotate my wheels front to back.

If you like them, reach out to Jamie. He is @SignatureSales on the forum here. He may be a bit slow to respond at the moment as I believe he is out of town for a bit.

View attachment 971980
Yep, got my 19” SV104s from Jamie as well - nearly two years ago!

IMG_1958.jpeg

Reactions: WilliamG

View attachment 971980
Those wheels look great. Definitely my favorite of the Signature line that I've seen.