Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021 MS 19” Tempest Delivery Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Right. I was absolutely understanding that until I found the Pirelli tires and started reading about their warranty. It’s not a 20 degree cut off. It’s 45 degrees. It says the rubber they use for performance summer tires with continued exposure to cold could crack. We have weeks up here it doesn’t get above 10. So while we agree about not slipping and all, the point is why would they not have an all season option for what’s essentially a sedan hatchback in colder, snowier geos? Whether I’m willingly to risk it or not is one thing, but there are people out there that just won’t. Here are some screen shots on the tires I’ve seen on some recent deliveries. And for me this is still a buyer remorse thing. He told me they were all season. If I knew they were summer tires, I’d be sitting here with the 21’s instead right now.
Good information, but your screenshot is for the wrong performance category... the PZ4 is Max performance, not Ultra-high performance.

1630252452879.png

Good information, but your screenshot is for the wrong performance category... the PZ4 is Max performance, not Ultra-high performance.

View attachment 702889
Gotcha! Good to know too! Max seems better of the two for sure. I was going by a close up of a tire delivered in Chicago where I could zoom clearly and read the tire wall information. How did you differentiate between the max and ultra? It’d be good to know what I missed on the tire when I was zoomed in for future reference? (Thanks)
Like I said though, for me personally, I would have got the 21’s for the then price of 4500 had I known they weren’t all season. That won’t change 😆
Here’s the tire picture

Attachments

• 4141D8A8-1762-4F3C-958D-125B9CE8606C.jpeg
    4141D8A8-1762-4F3C-958D-125B9CE8606C.jpeg
    858.6 KB · Views: 56
  • 7941BFE3-FBBA-4FDB-8796-8D491E4A02DB.jpeg
    7941BFE3-FBBA-4FDB-8796-8D491E4A02DB.jpeg
    668.4 KB · Views: 63
Gotcha! Good to know too! Max seems better of the two for sure. I was going by a close up of a tire delivered in Chicago where I could zoom clearly and read the tire wall information. How did you differentiate between the max and ultra? It’d be good to know what I missed on the tire when I was zoomed in for future reference? (Thanks)
Like I said though, for me personally, I would have got the 21’s for the then price of 4500 had I known they weren’t all season. That won’t change 😆
Here’s the tire picture

View attachment 702889
Second ask…I did post the max. Are you saying its ultra and not max? I’m confused. Thanks

Attachments

• D6CDC181-0483-435D-B6F7-7A93F0CB69A9.jpeg
    D6CDC181-0483-435D-B6F7-7A93F0CB69A9.jpeg
    230.4 KB · Views: 46
You posted the Ultra High-performance specs... see below. Hope this helps.
Gotcha. Yep the screenshot was from the general warranty link Pirelli showed. The warranty has uhp and then street legal listed next. Probably falls more under pzero street legal #5 vs #4 uhp on the screenshot I circled. Regardless, they both suck in and are not meant for winter and water. 👍

Last edited:
Reactions: FlatSix911
I had 21” Michelin super sport on my P100D here in New York. These are performance summer tires. I had the car for 3.5 years before lease ran out. I never had any problem with traction on rain, snow, dry, etc… they were always grippy and up to the task. I am getting the Michelin 4s on my 19” order. The 4S supersede the Super sport.
Are you buying the Michelin’s separately and having them installed ? Or did Tesla allow you to swap out the Pirellis ?

I had 21” Michelin super sport on my P100D here in New York. These are performance summer tires. I had the car for 3.5 years before lease ran out. I never had any problem with traction on rain, snow, dry, etc… they were always grippy and up to the task. I am getting the Michelin 4s on my 19” order. The 4S supersede the Super sport.
I drove my P100D with 21s around NY metro area for 2 years. No issue with the tires except a few flats from pot holes. I’m happy I chose the 19s for my plaid.

Reactions: cwanja and jebinc
Get mine tomorrow. On 19s. I will let you know what tires and try and post pictures depending on FL weather (?hurricane).
Got my Plaid today. Delivery was painful as everything with Tesla seems to be for some reason. Had a few panel gaps, rubber trim not aligned, piece of foam still stuck inside the car to the pano roof??? with a bunch of glue, grease on passenger seat and center console that required degreaser that I had to ask the rep to help me with because it was Sunday and they wanted me to drive back 1.5h next week when detailers were there. Cream seats. And I had passengers or I would have just done it when I got home.

Nonetheless, I said I would post pics of tires. Not that bad/ugly to be honest. I don’t mind the tempest hubcaps that much but will prob take them off. Tires are Perelli P Zeros as others have said. Not too upset since I live in the blazing South where the lowest temp I see is in the 40s.

Attachments

• 89872084-9F5A-4AE4-9AAF-0FF9E49AB18C.jpeg
    89872084-9F5A-4AE4-9AAF-0FF9E49AB18C.jpeg
    574.9 KB · Views: 61
  • 842F6F37-E00B-4F13-979A-EC54065E69BE.jpeg
    842F6F37-E00B-4F13-979A-EC54065E69BE.jpeg
    663 KB · Views: 57
Are you buying the Michelin’s separately and having them installed ? Or did Tesla allow you to swap out the Pirellis ?
I am buying them separately. I am putting custom 20” wheels. 19” are too small and look bad. While 21” look better, I had to replace my tires so many times due to blisters on the P100D from potholes. So 20” is the compromise. Getting my wheels from @signature_tesla (Instagram)

Reactions: Drew-MS
Got my Plaid today. Delivery was painful as everything with Tesla seems to be for some reason. Had a few panel gaps, rubber trim not aligned, piece of foam still stuck inside the car to the pano roof??? with a bunch of glue, grease on passenger seat and center console that required degreaser that I had to ask the rep to help me with because it was Sunday and they wanted me to drive back 1.5h next week when detailers were there. Cream seats. And I had passengers or I would have just done it when I got home.

Nonetheless, I said I would post pics of tires. Not that bad/ugly to be honest. I don’t mind the tempest hubcaps that much but will prob take them off. Tires are Perelli P Zeros as others have said. Not too upset since I live in the blazing South where the lowest temp I see is in the 40s.
I am surprised that you had all these quality issues/annoyances. I thought that Tesla used their stores/Service centers as additional layer to ensure that the car was in tip-top condition before it was handed to the customers.
Enjoy your beautiful car!

Congrats on the delivery... the hubcaps have to go IMHO. ;)

Reactions: Drew-MS
I am buying them separately. I am putting custom 20” wheels. 19” are too small and look bad. While 21” look better, I had to replace my tires so many times due to blisters on the P100D from potholes. So 20” is the compromise. Getting my wheels from @signature_tesla (Instagram)
Makes sense, that’s the route I’ll probably take. The 20s sound good.

Reactions: jebinc
Checked my Tesla account this morning and was pleasantly surprised to see my EDD move closer to Sept 17 to Sept 30! Does this mean that they are building more MS - LRs to maximize Q3 profits? Has anyone else seen their EDD move closer?
I’m holding steady at 9/10-9/30 for two weeks now. My SA has said don’t count on it, October more likely. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Checked my Tesla account this morning and was pleasantly surprised to see my EDD move closer to Sept 17 to Sept 30! Does this mean that they are building more MS - LRs to maximize Q3 profits? Has anyone else seen their EDD move closer?
Ordered MS LR black/white 19" on Jun 13. My EDD has been showing Feb for the last few weeks but this past Thurs it disappeared. Fingers crossed it gets updated to something closer.