Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021 MYP Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Not to sure what to think about this but it seems like the 2021 MYP comes with smaller motors

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1604381515681.jpg
    FB_IMG_1604381515681.jpg
    57.9 KB · Views: 76
Well I tried.

I asked my assigned SA and nothing, said we are still waiting on the VIN and they also said there is no way to ask the factory. I am not sure how others got any info from their advisors.

I followed up with my advisor over an hour ago directly asking why we can't find out from the factory what is happening. With no reply from my advisor. We will just have to wait.

I don't know of a good reason for all the secrecy and the loose process it is really confounding.

Not getting an answer to anything is frustrating. Even a simple "everything is on track for your delivery estimate" would be just fine. I have waited nearly 7 weeks for this I am not about to give up now but more customer engagement would be nice.

Well I tried.

I asked my assigned SA and nothing, said we are still waiting on the VIN and they also said there is no way to ask the factory. I am not sure how others got any info from their advisors.

I followed up with my advisor over an hour ago directly asking why we can't find out from the factory what is happening. With no reply from my advisor. We will just have to wait.

I don't know of a good reason for all the secrecy and the loose process it is really confounding.

Not getting an answer to anything is frustrating. Even a simple "everything is on track for your delivery estimate" would be just fine. I have waited nearly 7 weeks for this I am not about to give up now but more customer engagement would be nice.
One of the other posts on this forum mentioned a phone number you can call to provide your reservation number, but I haven’t tried it yet. I’ll look for the post when I get home later, if no one else posts it before then.

Reactions: stillbeingnick
One of the other posts on this forum mentioned a phone number you can call to provide your reservation number, but I haven’t tried it yet. I’ll look for the post when I get home later, if no one else posts it before then.
Thank you that would be helpful. My SA got back to me and they stated the factory is secretive since Tesla is public and they have to protect their interests overseas and here.

Still seems vague though

Spoke to the Tesla chat... less than helpful. Told him we are reaching the outside of the 4-8 week window but they had little to no information, other than that "your car is being manufactured and the delivery team will reach out as soon as it is ready." Asked him if he really thought his "non-answer" answers were helpful at all. Obviously got nowhere. The waiting continues. Ugh

I asked for an update on our order, and if they had any update on the 2021 MYP delays. SA replied they’ve already delivered some 2021 MYP’s.

Hard to believe that not one of us has received a vin though.
The SA must've been mistaken. I asked the same of a SA in Alpharetta, GA and they replied, "You know, I haven't delivered a Performance Y in quite a while."

If they were delivering 2021 MYPs I'm certain someone here would've reported out.

Tesla is not great at outside communication (dissolved it's PR department) and their internal communication is limited to need to know only. I think some SAs have better relationships with the manufacturing side than others. That being said my SA told me recently that MYP production should begin at Fremont week of Thanksgiving. Delay has been due to focus on Europe and Asia deliveries to boost sales this quarter. Likely we won't see any major shift in production until December is my guess seeing as how the MYP demand is not nearly as large as the new M3 or MY LR.

• Informative
Reactions: NASASpaceXlove