Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021 MYP Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ordered Performance Model Y, White/Black, tow, FSD on Oct 1. At the time the website told me estimated delivery was 3-7 weeks, that window ended on Nov 19th. Got the mass text about deliveries now being 1-3 as of Nov 19th. That window ended yesterday on Dec 10th. Now the website estimates delivery from 10-14 weeks from delivery, putting the outside at Jan 7th. Should it really take 14 weeks to get a car delivered, I guess it's even more punishment for living in California?

I waited almost 4 years to get my X, I would have thought that Tesla would have learned corporate communicaion by now, dealing with deliveries is still a huge point of contention.

Ordered Performance Model Y, White/Black, tow, FSD on Oct 1. At the time the website told me estimated delivery was 3-7 weeks, that window ended on Nov 19th. Got the mass text about deliveries now being 1-3 as of Nov 19th. That window ended yesterday on Dec 10th. Now the website estimates delivery from 10-14 weeks from delivery, putting the outside at Jan 7th. Should it really take 14 weeks to get a car delivered, I guess it's even more punishment for living in California?

I waited almost 4 years to get my X, I would have thought that Tesla would have learned corporate communicaion by now, dealing with deliveries is still a huge point of contention.
Seems crazy to me that we would not receive our cars until 2021. Even crazier that it could take 14 weeks! I don’t understand why they’d wait until 2021 to deliver the performance to us Californians.

Seems crazy to me that we would not receive our cars until 2021. Even crazier that it could take 14 weeks! I don’t understand why they’d wait until 2021 to deliver the performance to us Californians.

Weird, right? Highest margin version of the Y with the lowest transport costs. You'd think they'd want to deliver as many of those as possible, as quickly as possible.

Reactions: GenerationY
Just got a VIN in my account! 892xx. Estimated delivery range also closed in from Dec 16-31 previously to Dec 23-29 now.

Congrats! Just checked mine for the one beeeelionth time today and no VIN yet. Someone in the Tesla Discord mentioned that someone claimed to take a Y delivery today and the front bumper had PPF. We've heard this before and it wasn't true so taking with a grain of salt. But...

Reactions: Kezz
Ha, I was too excited to leave details! I ordered on 11/13. MYP MSM/White/no Tow/FSD. Previously I had the tow hitch, but dropped it since it (strangely) seemed to be a hold-up (based on the spreadsheet).
Interesting about the tow hitch. Even if I dropped the tow hitch right now I’d end up paying more for my Model Y. I was locked in at $7,000 for FSD, and I’m not willing to pay more just to get my vehicle sooner. Thanks for the info! I still don’t have a VIN, either.

Interesting about the tow hitch. Even if I dropped the tow hitch right now I’d end up paying more for my Model Y. I was locked in at $7,000 for FSD, and I’m not willing to pay more just to get my vehicle sooner. Thanks for the info! I still don’t have a VIN, either.

Yeah, I wouldn’t change it in that case either. For me it was only a bet on the production timing, no other money on the line. Not sure if it helped, who knows...

Wish I had gotten my act together to order a few weeks earlier to get in on the cheaper FSD.

Last edited:
Reactions: NASASpaceXlove