Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021 MYP Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well, got my VIN. It’s a 76,XXX number, thought it would be in the 80,000 numbers, but beggars can’t be choosers! I just hope it’s “old enough” that it’ll have all the refreshes and upgrades! Ordered October 16, FYI. Red with black interior, Tow Hitch and FSD. Mine sounds like a possible reject too seeing as how there’s 80,XXX coming off the line

When did you order? And did you order the tow hitch? I’m in Maryland, hopefully I’ll get my VIN soon.
It's maddening watching your situation. I really feel for you. Of all people waiting for a car I feel like you have a legitimate gripe. Not sure what the issue is. I know this sounds ridiculous but perhaps your order is "stuck". Have you thought about changing the build to see if it will trigger a VIN?

NASA: WOOHOO!!! Glad you finally have a VIN. Hope they get that car to you in a hurry, with no issues.

VINs continue to be all over the place. Just received my (non P) VIN, 887xx, expected delivery 12/23. Still seeing 70xxx, some 80xxx, and now ^^^90xxx.

My SA has been working for Tesla for 2 years, first in Indiana, now 2 months in Fort Worth. He used to have hair. He's deaf in his right ear, inflamed by the number of phone calls he receives, inquiring about VINs. He and his staff still have NO CLUE how cars are allocated. (I have visions of a guy with a clipboard, standing outside the exit of the factory, randomly assigning them, like seating at a restaurant.)

I've considered it could simply be a parts supply issue, esp. for the Perf version. They may very well run out of springs/shocks, wheels/tires, and this (possible) shortage, combined with paint color scheduling (they can't alternate color on a whim, they probably paint them in batches) makes for tricky distribution issues. Add the hitch, and you've added yet another...uhh...hitch...to the process.

...carry on...

Well, got my VIN. It’s a 76,XXX number, thought it would be in the 80,000 numbers, but beggars can’t be choosers! I just hope it’s “old enough” that it’ll have all the refreshes and upgrades! Ordered October 16, FYI. Red with black interior, Tow Hitch and FSD. Mine sounds like a possible reject too seeing as how there’s 80,XXX coming off the line
I must've missed this. Congrats!

Which Atlanta store did you pick up from? I'm trying to know what to expect when I do. I think mine is Decatur...not familiar with the area and I'm a bit confused why they'd have multiple centers within the city. Would suck to drive 2.5 hours to decline a VIN. Thanks for any info.
I picked up from Decatur. There are no sales or service centers in the city of Atlanta. Feel free to PM me if you have specific questions.

Ordered 10/26 Original date Dec. 2-7 changed to Dec 17-31 changed to Dec. 16-31 now this morning changed to Dec 23-29 finally with a 79xxx VIN sounds like a possible reject.

Wow, got my VIN today too. 791xx. Ordered on 11/23(!)
I'm glad to see there's more than a few of us with VINs in the 7xxxx's. Makes me think it's less likely that they are rejects.

MYP MSM FSD Tow white interior.

After looking through the spreadsheet, it looks like MYPs have been being assigned 7xxxx VINs for the past week or so. Hopefully it's just an out of order vin situation.

I’m hoping it’s not a reject and just an out of order VIN since I have the exact same configuration as you! Congratulations !

Ordered my MPY Blue, tow hitch, no FSD, blk interior on 10-4 in Southern Ca, Originally it said 3-7 weeks and then switched to 12-13 to 12-20. Yesterday it switched to 10-14 weeks from the date I ordered. Today it said 12-12 to 12-31. I am hoping it comes next week.

So I have interesting information I need to share with everyone! So I got my VIN this morning and I immediately went to my local Tesla SC in Owings Mills because I needed to order 4 TPMS sensors for my winter Gemini rims (they wouldn’t allow me to order the sensors until I got my VIN—they ordered them for me). While I was there I talked to my sales advisor and asked him about my low number VIN (it’s a 76,XXX). He immediately went into the system to see when my vehicle was “born” and it was yesterday, December 11th at 14:54:56. He was also able to see exactly where my vehicle was at on a map, and it was still in the middle of the lot at Fremont (he showed me all of this, so I know it’s in fact real), as well as the odometer and it has 2.5 miles on it. My estimated delivery now says December 22nd-28th, and I leave for NY at the latest on the 24th. If the vehicle shows up and they schedule delivery on the 24th, then I’ll take delivery then drive it to NY—hopefully it shows up on the 22nd though. If it shows up AFTER the 24th, they said they could work something up and I could have a trusted person take delivery on my behalf, but they’d have to do the inspection for me—but no biggie because we could FaceTime together and go through the vehicle together. My trusted person is my next door neighbor who is more into cars than me, and literally goes to a dealership EVERY WEEKEND and drives cars just for the hell of it. So yeah,I’d trust him to have a checklist and sign on my behalf with me on FaceTime. So, that part is solved if need be.

What I want to say about the VIN process is this; the way it works is a VIN is assigned to an individual at a point in time—for me my VIN is a 76,XXX number. My VIN was probably assigned to me weeks ago, but my vehicle didn’t enter production until a couple few days ago (for whatever strange odd reason we may never know, but maybe it was because I ordered the super rare red color AND a tow hitch which also seems to be causing lots of issues). So, I have a low VIN number but my MYP just came off the line yesterday, meaning it SHOULD HAVE all of the new refreshes even though it has a low number. So, the VIN’s are assigned to a person, not as they come off the line. Make sense? My SA shed A LOT of light on the way things work at Tesla, and I understand now, the reason behind all of the madness. He was just as stressed out as we are, and it’s because while it doesn’t make sense to us—the buyers—it doesn’t make sense to the Sales Advisors either......and they have to deal with us, LOL. Oh, and he did say that they work the furthest deliveries first (us on the east coast) then deliver for the closer folks on the west coast. It takes DAYS for us out here to get our vehicles where as those closer to Fremont can get delivered much sooner. Hope all of this may have shed some light in the midst of all the madness.