Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I ordered a model 3 LR I recived my vin number how do I know if I will have the 82kw battery and a heated steering wheel and new door trim
i dont know 100%, but perhaps, if yours is made in china (vin starts with LRW3.....) then youre likely going to get the lithium iron phosphate battery and the new door trim with heated steering wheel. logistic wise, china would be closer to u than freemont usa is.
again, dont quote me on these claims. im not 100% certain.

Thanks. The local SC was able to update my account and it now shows a $750 delivery fee so I'm back on track. I wish I could just pick the car up at the SC since it is only 40 miles away but in a different state and they absolutely will not allow out of state pick-ups (due to legal reasons).
They won’t allow you to pick up your car in El Paso and you have to pay $750 to have it delivered to you in Las Cruces?

They won’t allow you to pick up your car in El Paso and you have to pay $750 to have it delivered to you in Las Cruces?
Correct. I was quite disappointed when I found out about this on my first visit to the Tesla Gallery. At that point I was ready to walk but did the test drive anyway. Big mistake (or fortunate). I was so impressed I decided to bite the bullet and just pay the $750 as I knew that even the Tesla MY LR was a quantum leap above anything else I've ever driven and I'd kick myself if went with another ICE vehicle. Plus, I have a lot of excess solar capacity so the Tesla will cost me nothing to fuel. I could pick it up in Colo Springs or Denver but that is 600-700 miles away and not feasible for me.

I don't understand the details but it has to do with the fact that the NM Auto Dealer Assoc. has managed to keep Tesla out of the state so far and the Tesla Gallery on Joan of Arc is not an auto dealer but a Gallery where you can look at, test drive and pick up cars but if you purchase one it is still is done with Tesla in Calf. I don't know what makes Colo different that they allow it. On the plus side the Service Center is only 40 minutes away and they'll take care of me after I get the car. The guys that live in northern NM have to drive to El Paso or Colo Springs to get to a Service Center.

Correct. I was quite disappointed when I found out about this on my first visit to the Tesla Gallery. At that point I was ready to walk but did the test drive anyway. Big mistake (or fortunate). I was so impressed I decided to bite the bullet and just pay the $750 as I knew that even the Tesla MY LR was a quantum leap above anything else I've ever driven and I'd kick myself if went with another ICE vehicle. Plus, I have a lot of excess solar capacity so the Tesla will cost me nothing to fuel. I could pick it up in Colo Springs or Denver but that is 600-700 miles away and not feasible for me.

I don't understand the details but it has to do with the fact that the NM Auto Dealer Assoc. has managed to keep Tesla out of the state so far and the Tesla Gallery on Joan of Arc is not an auto dealer but a Gallery where you can look at, test drive and pick up cars but if you purchase one it is still is done with Tesla in Calf. I don't know what makes Colo different that they allow it. On the plus side the Service Center is only 40 minutes away and they'll take care of me after I get the car. The guys that live in northern NM have to drive to El Paso or Colo Springs to get to a Service Center.
I wonder why you can pick-up in Colorado, but not Texas. Would you have been able to pick up your car in Phoenix, which would have been a little closer to you?

I would have bought the car anyway as well. I actually went on my test drive with the purchase of a Long Range in mind. I was given the Performance to test drive and decided that was the right one for me.

Successful pickup! :)
Slight alignment issue on the headlights to the fenders/bumpers, but that should be an easy fix.
New door trim compared to our other car picked up in March.

tomtesla.jpgnewinter.jpg

I wonder why you can pick-up in Colorado, but not Texas. Would you have been able to pick up your car in Phoenix, which would have been a little closer to you?

I would have bought the car anyway as well. I actually went on my test drive with the purchase of a Long Range in mind. I was given the Performance to test drive and decided that was the right one for me.

I have no answer as to why Colo over AZ. I even mentioned Phoenix when we were discussing it and he said it had to do with paying the taxes. I know a guy in LC who had a MY delivered from Scottsdale last year so was doable at that time.

I went in looking at a MY. On my second visit to the store the MY was just leaving on test drive so the mgr. asked if I wanted to drive the M3P while I waited. I loved it. Drove the MY LR next and noticed a few things I wasn't fond of that I hadn't noticed on my first drive. Went back for a third visit to compare the M3 & MY and ended up liking the M3 better again even though it was a LR that time.

Although I really wanted the M3P it had some downsides for my needs so I sat down and made a list of pluses and minuses for each model. The M3 LR was the clear winner for me. What I really would have jumped at would have been a M3 LR with the performance option added like Tesla used to offer but unfortunately I missed the boat on those.

Reactions: Jason1652
For another So Cal data point, I ordered Blue/Black LR on 4/7 to Costa Mesa. But my delivery has held pretty steady (only has fluctuated a day or 2 since ordering) at 6/1-6/30.
Damn, that's odd, you ordered 10 days before me with same config/county but your has been stuck on 06/1-30. Have you completed all your nessecary profile stuff, like loan, trade, insurance??

Ordered 4/5, white with black interior, 19” wheels. Delivery now at 5/11-5/31. SA finally reached out a couple days ago and said they’ve been seeing more trucks than they’d expected so shouldn’t be much longer.

I dropped by the dealership for fun this morning, looked like 8-9 M3s sitting out front for pickup, all with new doors etc.

Reactions: EVxdream