Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm out of the waiting room :):):):)

p4056359895-5.jpg
WOW, Beautiful! Congrats!

I just found out that I got matched to another 2020 model 3 VIN. This is getting very annoying. This is my 6th time.
I called the SA again, and told me that he would fix it and it wouldn't affect my delivery date of 11/19-12/17. Hopefully,
this is true.

I just found out that I got matched to another 2020 model 3 VIN. This is getting very annoying. This is my 6th time.
I called the SA again, and told me that he would fix it and it wouldn't affect my delivery date of 11/19-12/17. Hopefully,
this is true.

I suggest getting a new SA if you can. I kept getting matched to 2020 VINs too and my old SA kept telling me he would fix it but never did.
Then I somehow got matched to a new SA, and he fixed it right away. He responds to *most* of my emails too.

Not sure why there are so many incompetent workers at Tesla, whether its SA, QA, support, etc. Maybe Tesla overworks them like crazy but only hire them as part-time without benefits? Not sure.

this is true.

Damn man. That really stinks. Question. When they assign the vin, where does it show? I’d assume it takes place of the reservation number? My 2020 was an inventory vehicle so this is my first go round with the wait. Fun times!

Not sure if this means anything in terms of expected delivery date, but I received a text from Tesla today saying, "go anywhere" with a link that directed me to their site to play with the GPS. Essentially showing the routes the car will take to different destinations. I've been checking my account multiple times a day, and I still see the "we are completing your contract" message and no assigned VIN.

I suggest getting a new SA if you can. I kept getting matched to 2020 VINs too and my old SA kept telling me he would fix it but never did.
Then I somehow got matched to a new SA, and he fixed it right away. He responds to *most* of my emails too.

Not sure why there are so many incompetent workers at Tesla, whether its SA, QA, support, etc. Maybe Tesla overworks them like crazy but only hire them as part-time without benefits? Not sure.

Yea, I was about to request change, but yesterday, he contacted operation management? I don't know the exact term. They were able to change the image of 2020 model 3 to 2021 model 3 and my profile so it doens't get matched to another 2020 VIN. Hopefully this works...

Damn man. That really stinks. Question. When they assign the vin, where does it show? I’d assume it takes place of the reservation number? My 2020 was an inventory vehicle so this is my first go round with the wait. Fun times!
yeah, when you get the VIN number, it shows right below your reservation number. Yeah if you get matched multiple times ask the SA to update your profile. Don't let them get away with, it will automatically update. Because it won't. At least on mine it never updated. :)

Received the following text today:

“Tesla Update - We currently expect your Model 3 to be ready for delivery 4 - 6 weeks from today. Once your Model 3 starts moving to your delivery center, we will reach out to schedule your delivery appointment.
Please note that this timeframe is an estimate and may shift in either direction.”

Ordered: Nov 7
Changed from Performance to LR on 8 Nov
Original Delivery Window: 20-31 Dec
White Ext / Blk Int/ LR / FSD
Located in SoCal

Has anyone gotten a text like this and then been matched to a car shortly after?

Just got a text that mine will be ready in 2-5 weeks as long as I finish my account tasks ASAP. Well, I have finished everything but am waiting for my trade in to be ready. Shows the amount offered but PENDING on my payoff amount still. It’s the only thing left to do and I can’t do nothing about it. AAACK!!!

“Tesla Update - We currently expect your Model 3 to be ready for delivery 4 - 6 weeks from today. Once your Model 3 starts moving to your delivery center, we will reach out to schedule your delivery appointment.
Please note that this timeframe is an estimate and may shift in either direction.”

Located in SoCal

Has anyone gotten a text like this and then been matched to a car shortly after?
Many of us (myself included) got a similar text last week.

Last edited:

Located in SoCal

Read my post above. Similar text, but a little issue on my end which puts me at a stand still.

Located in SoCal

yup! But a bit different. Expected 3-6 weeks from today.

Ordered: 14NOV
Changed FSD to just Autopilot 18NOV
Original Delivery Window: 20DEC - 31DEC
Blue Ext / Blk Int/ LR / Autpilot (upgrading to FSD after delivery)
Located Colorado