Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My area has 4-5 white interiors in inventory. I assume people canceled orders so they are definitely coming in. I’m tempted to get one but I want black interior.
Yo wtf. I was about to say that Utah never has inventory available but my exact configuration is sitting there right now with less than 50 miles. It’s got to be a canceled order right? Or less likely, one that rejected due to quality? I feel like that’s not nearly as common these days. Now I don’t know if I should look into it or just be patient

Can get a temp tag in Tennessee to drive it home. SA reached out this morning saying as long as I have the VIN on my insurance policy that there won't be an issue. I did learn from a friend (a little too late) that Campus Federal Credit Union is very familiar with the process for LA folks getting a Tesla. He financed through them and had a temp tag in hand when he accepted delivery in Houston right before Christmas.
Damn. I think I’ll just have it delivered by third party to avoid all the hassle plus long drive. A long drive is a good way to get to know the car though.

Yo wtf. I was about to say that Utah never has inventory available but my exact configuration is sitting there right now with less than 50 miles. It’s got to be a canceled order right? Or less likely, one that rejected due to quality? I feel like that’s not nearly as common these days. Now I don’t know if I should look into it or just be patient
Just got a hold of the service center and they were a little thrown off because the white/white on their page supposedly hasn’t finished production yet. That said, my SA mentioned that it was odd the system didn’t automatically match it to me since it’s the exact same configuration. He’s going to try matching it to me himself and will call me first thing Monday with all the details. Fingers crossed!

Just got a hold of the service center and they were a little thrown off because the white/white on their page supposedly hasn’t finished production yet. That said, my SA mentioned that it was odd the system didn’t automatically match it to me since it’s the exact same configuration. He’s going to try matching it to me himself and will call me first thing Monday with all the details. Fingers crossed!
Jk. SA already called me back and said the system won’t let him match the car since it hasn’t finished production yet. However, he said it shows that Utah cars are being built really soon. Back to patiently waiting I guess

Same combo, 2/12 order, 3/5 VIN, 3/9 Delivery text, 3/22 Cleveland pickup but NomNom is about a day behind me on the same tempo for Columbus.

Yup, i am currently set to pickup on 3/23. My SA did mention that if the car comes early (which he seemed to think was likely), id be able to pick up around thursday or friday (3/19-3/20) but lets see how that goes.

Reactions: mb123
Yup, i am currently set to pickup on 3/23. My SA did mention that if the car comes early (which he seemed to think was likely), id be able to pick up around thursday or friday (3/19-3/20) but lets see how that goes.

I haven't heard anything from my SA or from the Cleveland store at all. I'm with you though I would absolutely take mine early but I'm not going to bet on it.

Reactions: mb123
Damn. I think I’ll just have it delivered by third party to avoid all the hassle plus long drive. A long drive is a good way to get to know the car though.
Thought about that but the wife is a huge Jack White fan. When I mentioned Nashville pickup, there was no other option. She wants to swing by Third Man Records so we'll fly out there and hit it up before driving the M3 home.

My SA called me earlier and said it is scheduled to arrive at the SC on the 18th. She said that since they did not know when it would arrive exactly that I could choose from the 19th-21st for pickup. Of course these dates are not good for me. I am out of town and will be pushing it to get there for my 5:00 appt. on the 21st. I have already completed my loan, insurance, and ACH payment.

I am wondering if I show up on the 18th late in the day if they would go ahead and let me have it if it was ready? Anyone ever tried?

Reactions: theun4gven
Just got the delivery text! The link only shows options for home delivery though, so I texted my SA back to see if I could just pick it up directly from the SC that's 10 minutes away.

Hopefully that doesn't push my delivery date back (currently seeing options for 3/19 - 3/21). Super exciting though!

Ordered 1/16 MSM

Reactions: theun4gven and M321
Picked up today at Highland Park, Illinois location! Some minor scuffs in the frunk, charge port location, minor scratches and interior trim misalignments but nothing too major. So happy to finally pick up my dream car! It really is a rocket and it really is insane! The wait is finally over :)

Attachments

• 20210313_101343-min.jpg
    20210313_101343-min.jpg
    925.9 KB · Views: 64