Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well some people on the west coast are definitely getting their 3's soon. I saw this herd moving north on I-5 last night just south of Olympia WA.

SM_159120251_2136049356531830_7294251594886486426_n.png

Ordered a White/black LR in Reno, NV on 2/14. No Vin yet. Like many, my expected delivery date has been fluctuating daily. Yesterday it was 3/15-3/31. Today it is completely blank. I just got off the phone with Reno Tesla and the gentleman said that he doesn't like to give out too much information from the production schedule, but I should get delivery before the end of the month.... so basically nothing changed besides the estimate disappearing.
Have an updated delivery date as 3/15-3/28. No Vin.

Ordered 2021 LR in black on 3/11 and just received my vin a few mins ago.

i expected to take delivery in may/June. Didn’t think it would be so fast. I def don’t want to take delivery until more info comes out about the federal tax credit. Anyone hear anything about it?

Ordered 2021 LR in black on 3/11 and just received my vin a few mins ago.

i expected to take delivery in may/June. Didn’t think it would be so fast. I def don’t want to take delivery until more info comes out about the federal tax credit. Anyone hear anything about it?
I wouldn’t hold your breath. It’s completely speculative that either of the pending bills will pass. And they almost certainly won’t clear the 60-vote threshold to overcome the filibuster, which means they’ll be enacted (if at all) through reconciliation, likely as part of the FY22 budget in the fall. And one of the two pending bills is retroactive to the beginning of this year, so you’d get the credit even if you take delivery today.

It might be totally rational to wait for the credit. But I’d be shocked if your chances of getting it are better in June than they are now.

Hey my dude. I noticed you’re in LA as well. You’re picking up in Nashville? My SA told me the car will not come with a temp tag and Louisiana folks will have to get their own. Thing is in LA, the only way to get a temp tag is from a dealership. What’s your strategy getting the car homtenn

Hey my dude. I noticed you’re in LA as well. You’re picking up in Nashville? My SA told me the car will not come with a temp tag and Louisiana folks will have to get their own. Thing is in LA, the only way to get a temp tag is from a dealership. What’s your strategy getting the car home?
Can get a temp tag in Tennessee to drive it home. SA reached out this morning saying as long as I have the VIN on my insurance policy that there won't be an issue. I did learn from a friend (a little too late) that Campus Federal Credit Union is very familiar with the process for LA folks getting a Tesla. He financed through them and had a temp tag in hand when he accepted delivery in Houston right before Christmas.