Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021 Refresh Tail Lamp and Charge Port Retrofit Project

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
大家好,我是2019款的车主。看到你们改装后的尾灯,感觉很棒。我怎样才能给你们发私信?[Moderator note: Hello everyone, I am the owner of a 2019 model. Nice to see your modified taillights. How can I send you a private message?]
回复了!私下 [Moderator note: Replied! in private]

Last edited by a moderator:
开始了。由于旧的布线配置,我不得不重新布线一些。随时发布。[Moderator note: here we go. I had to rewire some because of an old wiring configuration. Feel free to post.]
嘿兄弟,我没找到可以私信的入口。我也想紧急更换尾灯。我怎样才能联系到你?有没有其他的方式,比如fb, twitter等等。

[Moderator note: Hey brother, I can't find the entrance where I can private message. I would also like to urgently replace the tail lights. How can I reach you? Is there any other way, such as fb, twitter, etc.]

Last edited by a moderator:
so i'm also confused. are the refresh tails plug and play (all lights work correctly, hazards, left/right signals, brakes) or is re-wiring/adaptor is required ?

thanks
It's not plug and play, wiring need cut and tap ! 😤 keep repeating myself.
As for mechanic side, there alot panels need cut fitting the new tail light. And many more custom works need to be done to reuse charge port adapt to new style. It's not for average model s owner. I'm auto mechanic and have access to tesla service manual that's why able to custom this.

It's not plug and play, wiring need cut and tap ! 😤 keep repeating myself.
As for mechanic side, there alot panels need cut fitting the new tail light. And many more custom works need to be done to reuse charge port adapt to new style. It's not for average model s owner. I'm auto mechanic and have access to tesla service manual that's why able to custom this.
Thanks .. I left you a message on IG. I’m also in Bay Area and would like to discuss further with you

Thanks .. I left you a message on IG. I’m also in Bay Area and would like to discuss further with you
Sorry man I wouldn't offer this work through my business. Big liability concerns, also there's no money to be made for special job like this.
Anyone brave enough to do this DIY, i let yall know it is possible.
As for now, I'm the 1st one to successfully complete this task.

Sorry man I wouldn't offer this work through my business. Big liability concerns, also there's no money to be made for special job like this.
Anyone brave enough to do this DIY, i let yall know it is possible.
As for now, I'm the 1st one to successfully complete this task.

It would still like to discuss in more detail. I’ve been doing diy for many years. Just want to pick your brain if possible.

I don't get paid personally consulting. 🤷
So all the info i already shares on this thread is best I can do.
Hello, I didn’t reply to your private message, can I give you a reward to consult you about the modification details? It only involves remote knowledge payment, because I’m far away from you
Mainly I think the old tail lights are ugly like candles, can't wait to update it, thanks

Reactions: Hotboy408
20221125_121856.jpg
20221125_121629.jpg
20221125_121820.jpg

here are results, don't ask me how.. no consulting
don't mind the gaps, this is only way!

Last edited: