Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021 Refresh Tail Lamp and Charge Port Retrofit Project

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I will open the refresh light first to get some experience. Then what I learn from that I’ll apply to the pre-refresh light. Cracking or breaking the tips is main concern.
u got it oposite dude, you want to open the pre-refresh 1st to get experienced, either way if you crack lense, don't matter.
tesla use plastic weld like hard glue, so heating it and pray for the glue to crack and you can get it out.
trust me, i open the old ones and crack all of them lol.

Reactions: Daytonaviolet
u got it oposite dude, you want to open the pre-refresh 1st to get experienced, either way if you crack lense, don't matter.
tesla use plastic weld like hard glue, so heating it and pray for the glue to crack and you can get it out.
trust me, i open the old ones and crack all of them lol.
Pre-refresh is what I’m keeping as the external shell. So it does matter if I crack it. The process is opening both refresh and pre-fresh. Then swapping refresh internals to the pre-refresh shell.

Anyone got updates? Went to the service center to pick up the new tail gate lights, but after bringing me wrong parts (body lights), they course corrected and told me they can't sell it to me based off my car. Now I need to get them off Ebay instead.

Anyone got updates? Went to the service center to pick up the new tail gate lights, but after bringing me wrong parts (body lights), they course corrected and told me they can't sell it to me based off my car. Now I need to get them off Ebay instead.
i got the refresh lights (corner) from ebay. but the refresh tailgate (inner) i got from tesla. they are coming to my house on thursday as a mobile service appointment to drop them off. $230 each from tesla, but i couldn't find a pair on ebay.

More goodies arrived. Tailgate lights and appliqué delivered from tesla. I need to get the appliqué painted. I’m still missing the drivers side donor housing.

80B9BCA1-FC2B-468B-B010-349DAC51FFB9.jpeg

great luck on your end. Since these parts don't align with my VIN, they denied me. I'll try again with another service center.
these parts also didnt align with my vin. what i did was first get a quote of the new parts via app. once i got the quote, i asked how to proceed to order. they adjusted my service date and delivered it to my house. the person responding to my service request and person who delivered it didnt even bother to tell me they wouldnt fit :)

More goodies arrived. Tailgate lights and appliqué delivered from tesla. I need to get the appliqué painted. I’m still missing the drivers side donor housing.

View attachment 910531
Missed opportunity, you could have purchased the new Applique with the silver raised letters like they took away from us a few refreshes ago. Should be delivered on the new cars any day now, along with HW4....oh wait, this is Tesla, you probably don't want to wait for that..

Reactions: Daytonaviolet