Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021 Refreshed Model S - steering wheel yolk material peeling off?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My advisor today mentioned I should wait before replacing my yoke. The scroll buttons on mine are a bit loose and jingle and frustrate the hell out of me.

I guess I’ll just wait it out a bit longer and see what this new yoke has in store for us.

Any ideas what improvements, if any, other than the material, could be?

What I learn about threads like this is that if I follow “the majority” (which supposedly hates the yoke) without forming my own opinion and trying it myself, I’d be wrong.
Yup, the loud majority that won't accept other opinions as relevant. I bought a Feb 2022 MSLR. I never test drove one and only looked at 'em on the road. I did read some TMC before buying, but it did not affect me one way or the other. I'm with you and wanted to experience the MS myself. I was (still am) excited about the tech and something new (OTA updates are awesome). It took me just a few trips around the parking lot to love regen one pedal driving. I love the yoke and would never consider the round wheel retrofit. However, I did put a raised clear button on the horn and that's it. All the talk about crossing arms and cant find the buttons does not affect me. I did not get used to the car, I "learned" how to drive it. My two previous cars were Corvettes. Its been 14 months and still loving the Model S. It's the best car I've ever owned and will never go back to an ICE vehicle.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bull and SoCal Buzz
Yoke steering wheel is very poor quality. Less than 7,000 miles. And the horn and turn signals are difficult to find in an emergency
IMG_6800.jpeg
IMG_6799.jpeg