Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021 Refreshed Model S - steering wheel yolk material peeling off?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Any tips on getting the round wheel option offered under warranty? I tried last month after making a warranty claim for my peeling yoke and my SC said that option was only for certain cars and my VIN didn't qualify for a round wheel replacement.

Spoke with my local advisor yesterday and the "new" yoke with improved material was delayed again until late October.
Did they give any description or part number?

My Feb 2022 MSLR started pealing a week ago. It also has some corner areas on the front facing anodized(?) face plate showing bare metal. I scheduled appt in the app. Expecting them to communicate that new version not avsilable yet. If they dont say anything, i will ask about it a couple days before the appt.
20230910_080029.jpg
20230911_162801.jpg
20230911_162824.jpg

Last edited:
Did they give any description or part number?

My Feb 2022 MSLR started pealing a week ago. It also has some corner areas on the front facing anodized(?) face plate showing bare metal. I scheduled appt in the app. Expecting them to communicate that new version not avsilable yet. If they dont say anything, i will ask about it a couple days before the appt.View attachment 973419View attachment 973420View attachment 973421
They did not give me a part number. I am pretty sure they will replace the yoke for you. Possibly even for a round wheel if you ask. At least they offered this to me.