Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021 Shipping Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,
New member from Israel here
I find this thread very interesting, useful and funny. Thanks.

We are expecting first Teslas to be delivered here for the first time next month.

Any idea where they can come from and which port to expect them?

Thanks!

GRAND RUBY competition.

The results are in!
We didn't have a direct hit in this competition.

At 1200z today the ship was located in Grid Square F5 and within its Minor Square 13

The closest, and therefore the winning, entry was @alubrenner (F5 19) who was just 83 NM off target. (Distance measured from the centre of the chosen square to the ship's position at midday)
In 2nd place was @atuk (F5 15) who was a mere 124 NM off target.
In 3rd place was @Bantam (F6 2) who was 169 NM off target.

Congratulations to all, but there isn't so much as even a cuddly toy to win!

Some trivia for you:
The most popular GridSquare was J4
The most popular Minor Square overall was 8
If you had chosen that combination, which 2 people did, you would have ended up 1116 NM off target.

Postscript: It appears that @alubrenner is not a valid TMC username.
In 4th place is @Davids2885 (G5 7) who missed the target by 241 NM

We'll give alubrenner a bit of time to come back to us and announce his correct TMC username before disqualifying the entry.

The GLOVIS COMPANION competition closed earlier today and so the only open competition at the moment is the LAKE GENEVA competition - Enter HERE

Last edited:
HORIZON LEADER is now unloading in Zeebrugge. The question remains whether it will be a full unload or whether she is going somewhere else. Her next contract doesn’t start until 26 Feb as far as I can determine, so there is a gap in her schedule. She does not appear on any of the likely secondary destination port schedules of Amsterdam or Drammen at the moment and so this looks like it will be a full unload.

GLOVIS CENTURY This ship is loaded with the first MIC RHD Model 3s for UK and Ireland.
She is currently in the Bay of Biscay making 16kts despite the rough seas. She will arrive off Southampton early tomorrow morning but instead of heading in to unload as previously planned she will instead anchor off the Isle Of Wight until sometime on Thursday morning. This is not the first time that a ‘Tesla’ vessel has been usurped in Southampton by a Grimaldi ship. Clearly Grimaldi have some sort of priority in Southampton. Anyway, looking at the schedule it looks like GLOVIS CENTURY will now dock at Berth 106 shortly after HORIZON HIGHWAY vacates it, which in theory should be quite early on Thursday morning.

Screenshot 2021-02-16 at 11.16.34.png

GRAND RUBY is still holding to a rhumb line track across the Atlantic and is maintaining just under 17kts. The weather forecast continues to look OK for her until at least Friday when it may get a little rougher.
Her ETA for Zeebrugge is 0600Z on 24 Feb.

Grand Ruby Atlantic.png

The ghastly GLOVIS COMPANION is currently making her transit of the Panama Canal. I think there was probably a plan for her to transit yesterday afternoon but she turned up too late for that to happen and so she has had to accept being bolted on towards the end of today’s early morning wave.
She has however already updated her AIS to show her ETA in Zeebrugge to be 1230 on 28 Feb, as I had previously forecasted here.
The photo was taken whilst she was in the Miraflores Lock as dawn was breaking.

Screenshot 2021-02-16 at 11.39.08.png

LAKE GENEVA continues to make steady progress down the Pacific coast of Mexico towards Panama at 16kts. The seas have been a bit choppy so far but from now on it should become a lot smoother.
I estimate she will arrive off Panama on 21 Feb and transit the canal on the 22 Feb. Her estimate for Zeebrugge is 1900Z on 6 Mar.
Enter the LAKE GENEVA competition.

Geneva Pac.png

GLOVIS SIRIUS remains alongside at Tacoma. I’m not sure what to make of her still being there.
The San Francisco port schedule has her scheduled to arrive at Pier 80 on Friday.
She will be the biggest ship of Q1 and the last ship of Q1 to Europe from Pier 80.
I have pencilled her in to arrive in Zeebrugge around 15 Mar.

I am still not convinced that there is a second shipment enroute to the UK this quarter, but tracking shipments from Shanghai is proving to be a challenge.

• Informative
Reactions: ABCTG
Hi,
New member from Israel here
I find this thread very interesting, useful and funny. Thanks.

We are expecting first Teslas to be delivered here for the first time next month.

Any idea where they can come from and which port to expect them?

Thanks!

Should arrive at Ashdod on 27 Feb onboard GRANDE MEDITERRANEO. The ship is running 24hrs late at the moment though.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: jbcarioca
Tesla Ireland has confirmed that cars for Ireland will not be offloaded at Southampton and will arrive at another European port before arriving at an Irish Port. Is there anything that suggests that GLOVIS CENTURY will be heading to Zeebrugge? Thanks for all the fantastic information!

Tesla Ireland has confirmed that cars for Ireland will not be offloaded at Southampton and will arrive at another European port before arriving at an Irish Port. Is there anything that suggests that GLOVIS CENTURY will be heading to Zeebrugge? Thanks for all the fantastic information!

Doesn’t line up with what Tesla rep previously told me - not sure they know to be honest, but I was told they were definitely being offloaded in Southampton.

There was a rumour previously that the Irish cars would come into Rosslare though

No She is off to Bremerhaven after she has unloaded in Southampton.

If any cars from GLOVIS CENTURY are destined to Ireland, I can't yet find the ship they are being transported on.
If cars destined to Ireland are being sent from Shanghai via Zeebrugge I will need to know when Tesla Ireland are promising delivery so I can work backwards from that date and hopefully narrow the search.

If any cars from GLOVIS CENTURY are destined to Ireland, I can't yet find the ship they are being transported on.
If cars destined to Ireland are being sent from Shanghai via Zeebrugge I will need to know when Tesla Ireland are promising delivery so I can work backwards from that date and hopefully narrow the search.

Because of COVID lockdown I'm getting a home delivery on 6th March... the Dublin Tesla SC is about 5 min drive from me, not sure if that makes me more or less likely to be one of the first from this batch

Reactions: Mr Miserable

Some have a delivery date of the 5th of March.

Tesla don't seem to have a clue how the cars are getting here!

• Informative
Reactions: Mr Miserable
Meanwhile, over in Panama, GLOVIS COMPANION has completed her transit and is about to enter the Caribbean.
The decision now is to decide which route to enter the Atlantic by, Windward or Mona Passage.
At this time of year the favourite has to be the Mona Passage - all 3 of the 'Tesla' ships ahead of her this quarter have chosen this route to keep clear of the Atlantic weather.
Caribbean.png

We shall have to wait a couple of hours, until she is clear of the traffic separation scheme that is in place to prevent collisions in the busy waters off the entrance to the canal, to see which way she goes.

Status
Not open for further replies.