Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021 Shipping Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Over in Norway, there are still lots of Model 3's parked up however car transporters are gradually moving them from the docks

View attachment 664113
My
LAKE FUXIAN is currently about 160 NM W of Cap Finisterre.
She did very well so far to avoid the weather associated with the unusually deep depression that formed in the Atlantic but I think she has now encountered the large swell from it. Her speed has reduced to about 12 kts over the last couple of hours.
The good news is that she has avoided the worst of the weather but as she heads north through the Bay of Biscay she will still feels its effects.
There’s no avoiding the fact that it’ll be a little rough for her over the next 48 hrs.
She should arrive off Zeebrugge on Saturday afternoon

View attachment 664107

GLOVIS CHORUS is about 580 NM east of Bermuda on her great circle course towards the English Channel
Her ETA in Zeebrugge is 27 May.
Competition results shortly after midday UTC.

View attachment 664108

GLOVIS CENTURY is presently about 120NM SE of Acapulco making over 15kts.
She is heading into an area of unstable warm air that will trigger frequent thunderstorms and heavy rain. These conditions will last until Tuesday when she will be in the Caribbean.
She will arrive off the Pacific entrance to the Panama Canal on Sunday night and I expect her to transit the canal early on Monday morning.
I currently estimate that her arrival in Zeebrugge will be around 5 Jun

The GLOVIS CENTURY competition is open - ENTER HERE
The winner will be the person who chooses the closest minor square first - so enter now if you haven’t already! It’s easy.

View attachment 664109

GLOVIS COUNTESS is now alongside Pier 80.
I strongly suspect this will be the final ship of the quarter to leave for Europe from Pier 80.
It’s hard to give an estimate for her arrival in Zeebrugge since loading at Pier 80 is taking so much longer at present but I will take a stab at around 14 Jun.

GLOVIS SUN has arrived in the Mediterranean after transiting the Suez Canal yesterday.
Her ETA in Zeebrugge is 28 May and I reckon possibly Southampton around 31 May.

View attachment 664110

LAKE GENEVA Some good news, she has revised her ETA for Suez and brought it forward by 2 days.
So instead of 27 May, we are now looking at a 25 May arrival at Suez.
I will therefore revise my estimate for her arrival in Zeebrugge to 4 Jun but I have not allowed for any unscheduled stops in that calculation.
Hopefully, it may mean that she is confident that the technical issues are behind her.
It also assumes she can get a canal transit on the 26 May…..

View attachment 664111

HYPERION RAY is the ship that I believe will be coming to Southampton, and possibly Zeebrugge as well.
She is presently passing north of Bandah Aceh at 16kts
The weather is nothing to write home about with frequent thunderstorms and heavy rain but nothing that will slow her.
I expect her to arrive in Southampton around 8 Jun.

View attachment 664112

Satellite data supplied courtesy of marinetraffic

My Irish Tesla rep re-confirmed my "beginning June" date for my SR+ 236*** vin. So it continues to look likely for Glovis Sun.

LAKE FUXIAN appears to have deliberately slowed to maintain clear of the weather that is affecting the English Channel.
She is about 100 NM NW of La Coruna, Spain and maintaining about 11 kts.
There may well be a significant swell in the area too.
She won't make it to Zeebrugge for Saturday night.

Prometheus Leader just arrived to Drammen, Norway. May be delivering SR+, which was dropped by RSS Africa from Shanghai!
snapshot_Pos11.jpg

LAKE FUXIAN appears to have deliberately slowed to maintain clear of the weather that is affecting the English Channel.
She is about 100 NM NW of La Coruna, Spain and maintaining about 11 kts.
There may well be a significant swell in the area too.
She won't make it to Zeebrugge for Saturday night.
Thanks for the update.
When do you think she will arrive ? (My delivery is planned next Friday in Paris : do you think it's still feasible ?)

LAKE FUXIAN is currently about 130 NM N of La Corona, Spain making just 10 - 11 kts.
This will keep her clear of the worst of the weather as it rips through the English Channel.
The Zeebrugge port schedule now has her arriving on Sunday afternoon, which is achievable.

Fuxian Atlantic.png

GLOVIS CHORUS is about 900 NM east of Bermuda and is making just under 15 kts.
Interestingly it looks like the 2021 hurricane season is just about to kick off and the first named tropical storm, which will be called Ana, is forming in the Atlantic just to the west of where GLOVIS CHORUS is currently. It’s early days in the storm’s formation but still worth avoiding which will explain why GLOVIS CHORUS has edged a little to the east of her original great circle track.

Glov Chorus Atlantic.png

GLOVIS CENTURY is presently about 200NM off the coast of San Salvador making 15kts.
She will arrive off the Pacific entrance to the Panama Canal on Sunday night and I expect her to transit the canal early on Monday morning.

The GLOVIS CENTURY competition is open - ENTER HERE
The winner will be the person who chooses the closest minor square first - so enter now if you haven’t already! It’s easy.

GL CENTURY Pac.png

GLOVIS COUNTESS is now alongside Pier 80 and I'm expecting her to leave early on Sunday morning (Local time).
This will be the final ship of the quarter to leave for Europe from Pier 80.
I would expect her to arrive in Zeebrugge around 14 Jun.

GLOVIS SUN is making a steady 15.8kts as she progresses across the Mediterranean.
She is currently midway between Crete and Malta.
Her ETA in Zeebrugge is 28 May and I reckon possibly Southampton around 31 May.

SUN Med progress.png

LAKE GENEVA is heading for Suez from Shanghai and should arrive there on Tuesday night.
She is presently just about to enter the Gulf of Aden and is making 17kts.
I estimate she will arrive in Zeebrugge around 4 Jun

Geneva to Suez.png

HYPERION RAY is the ship that I believe will be coming to Southampton, and probably Zeebrugge as well.
She is presently maintaining 16kts as she crosses the Bay of Bengal heading for a point just to the south of Sri Lanka.

Hyp Ray to Suez.png

Good morning at all,

I think in Fremont they are about a week early in Q2, so they can ramp up production of the new Model S in early June.
That certainly takes time and resources. In that respect, things went differently in Q2 than they normally do.

Greets and just my 2 ...

LAKE FUXIAN is now in the English Channel approaching the Cherbourg peninsula.
She will arrive in Zeebrugge tomorrow afternoon.

Fuxian Atlantic.png

GLOVIS CHORUS is about 425 NM west of Flores in the Azores and is making nearly 18 kts.
The storm mentioned yesterday, has indeed developed into “Subtropical Storm Ana” and is pretty well stationary at the moment.
Clearly GLOVIS CHORUS does not want to hang around and is ‘heading out of Dodge’ as quickly as possible.

Glov Chorus Atlantic.png

GLOVIS CENTURY is presently about 100NM off the coast of Costa Rica making 15kts.
She is in an area of frequent thunderstorms with heavy downpours and will remain so until at least Tuesday.
Looking ahead weatherwise, the Caribbean remains quiet at the moment with the main ‘hurricane season’ action occurring in the Gulf of Mexico and the North Atlantic at present.

The GLOVIS CENTURY competition remains open - ENTER HERE It will close as soon as she enters the Panama Canal.

GL CENTURY Pac.png

GLOVIS COUNTESS remains alongside Pier 80.
Everything is pointing towards a departure in the early hours (local) of tomorrow morning (Midday UK)
I believe this will be the final ship of the quarter to leave for Europe from Pier 80.
I estimate her arrival in Zeebrugge will be around 14 Jun.

GLOVIS SUN continues to make steady progress at 15kts across the Mediterranean.
She is currently off the west coast of Sicily and looks to be be bang-on time to arrive in Zeebrugge on 28 May.
I’m also expecting her to arrive in Southampton around 31 May but I will not be able to confirm that until Wednesday.

SUN Med progress.png

LAKE GENEVA is heading for Suez from Shanghai and should arrive there on Tuesday night.
She is presently in the Gulf of Aden and is making 18 kts.
I estimate she will arrive in Zeebrugge around 4 Jun

Geneva to Suez.png

HYPERION RAY is the ship that I believe will be coming to Southampton, and possibly Zeebrugge as well.
She is presently maintaining 15kts and is approaching a point just to the south of Sri Lanka.
She is in an area where she is likely to encounter frequent thunderstorms and heavy rain.

Hyp Ray to Suez.png

Status
Not open for further replies.