Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021 Shipping Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nothing springs to mind. I've had a quick look through my records and there is nothing that seems likely.
I'll take a closer look later just in case but for now I'm pretty sure HYPERION RAY is the last shipment to have left.
I was expecting it to call at Southampton only (very large consignment of M3P) and so it is news that there may be LHD cargo onboard too.
The question now is will she go to Southampton or Zeebrugge first?
Thank you for the quick reply. So if the HYPERION RAY is the last ship and also has LHD on board,
then a sequence first Southampton 12.06. and then Zeebrugge approx. on 14.06. would be logical for me.
However, I think this would be the first time that this delivery sequence would been chosen.

Greetings

LAKE FUXIAN continues to make good progress across the Atlantic.
She is maintaining over 17kts as she heads towards the Brest Peninsula
She will arrive off Zeebrugge on Saturday afternoon

Fuxian Atlantic.png

GLOVIS CHORUS is averaging about 16 kts on her great circle course towards the English Channel
She is still in an area that is likely to see some thunderstorms today but otherwise I have no weather concerns.
Her ETA in Zeebrugge is 27 May.

Glov Chorus Atlantic.png

GLOVIS CENTURY is presently about 260NM NW of Acapulco making just over 15kts.
She will arrive off the Pacific entrance to the Panama Canal on Sunday night and I expect her to transit the canal early on Monday morning.
I currently estimate that her arrival in Zeebrugge will be around 5 Jun

The GLOVIS CENTURY competition is open - ENTER HERE
Only one person entered yesterday! What?? I’ve rechecked the links, they are working, in case that was the issue.
The winner will be the person who chooses the closest minor square first - so enter now if you haven’t already! It’s easy and it's free!

GL CENTURY Pac.png

The next ship to arrive at Pier 80 will be GLOVIS COUNTESS.
She should arrive off San Francisco around midnight local tonight and be alongside Pier 80 a couple of hours later
I strongly suspect this will be the final ship of the quarter to leave for Europe from Pier 80.
It’s hard to give an estimate for her arrival in Zeebrugge since loading at Pier 80 is taking so much longer at present but I will take a stab at around 14 Jun.

GLOVIS SUN is currently in the Suez Canal enroute from Shanghai to Zeebrugge and probably Southampton
She has already reached the Great Bitter Lake and so now has just 50 NM or so to go, at around 8-9kts until she reaches the Mediterranean.
We should find out when she exits the canal this afternoon exactly where she is headed to and get a precise ETA.
It’s interesting to note that one of the benefits from the EVER GIVEN saga is that terrestrial AIS coverage of the canal has greatly improved!
My ETA for her in Zeebrugge is 28 May and possibly Southampton around 31 May.
The Zeebrugge Port Schedule is still showing her arriving there on 4 Jun.

LAKE GENEVA is enroute to Suez with an ETA of 27 May.
I suspect she is nursing a technical issue.
Last Friday she stopped unexpectedly for about 3 hrs and last night at 1am local time she stopped again but this time for over 9 hours.
Over the last 24 hours she has only covered 215 NM
She is currently back up to nearly 17kts and can easily make Suez on time.
When this ship departed Shanghai I commented that her ETA was very unambitious and so perhaps these stops were anticipated and allowances have been made accordingly.
I estimate that she should arrive at Zeebrugge around 6 Jun but I did not allow for any unscheduled stops in that calculation.
If she takes much longer she will risk being overtaken by HYPERION RAY!

Geneva to Suez.png

HYPERION RAY is the ship that I believe will be coming to Southampton, and possibly Zeebrugge as well.
She has passed through the busy Singapore Straits and is now heading north through the Straits of Malacca at nearly 18kts
I expect her to arrive in Southampton around 8 Jun.

Hyp Ray to Suez.png

Satellite data supplied courtesy of marinetraffic

Thank you for the quick reply. So if the HYPERION RAY is the last ship and also has LHD on board,
then a sequence first Southampton 12.06. and then Zeebrugge approx. on 14.06. would be logical for me.
However, I think this would be the first time that this delivery sequence would been chosen.

Greetings
I note the mighty Dong is on the move. I suspect she will arrive too late to be a serious contender.

Reactions: nova56
Just had a text from Tesla saying I have been allocated a car and they will be in touch to arrange delivery once they have calculated timings. Any experience on how long until delivery after receiving this text?

My dates:
  • 20th April - Car allocated text
  • 14th May - Schedule collection text
  • 09th June - Collection scheduled
It might be a bit of a wait

I had my allocation text this morning, and have just received my schedule collection text, only a few hours later. Offered 16/6, 17/6 or 18/6 from Birmingham NEC.

Nothing springs to mind. I've had a quick look through my records and there is nothing that seems likely.
I'll take a closer look later just in case but for now I'm pretty sure HYPERION RAY is the last shipment to have left.
I was expecting it to call at Southampton only (very large consignment of M3P) and so it is news that there may be LHD cargo onboard too.
The question now is will she go to Southampton or Zeebrugge first?

GB M3P delivery dates have just started to be confirmed, with the earliest starting around 16th June. Not sure if that helps to determine whether HYPERION RAY will be stopping at Southampton or Zeebrugge first?

So looks like to me the last San Francisco shipment in Q1 left on February 24th and Shanghai on February 17th. I see that Glovis Countess looks like it will load up in San Francisco. Any signs of any other ships heading out for Q2 deliveries or is Glovis Countess the last one?

So looks like to me the last San Francisco shipment in Q1 left on February 24th and Shanghai on February 17th. I see that Glovis Countess looks like it will load up in San Francisco. Any signs of any other ships heading out for Q2 deliveries or is Glovis Countess the last one?
As I said earlier I believe GLOVIS COUNTESS will be the last ship from Pier 80 this quarter.
There is no sign yet of a 'bonus' shipment from Newark to Zeebrugge.
I'm inclined to think we have probably seen the last ship from Shanghai but I haven't yet ruled out the DONG A GLAUCOS completely.
Additionally the GLOVIS SUMMIT is currently alongside Shanghai and is refuelling as well. I've not found her itinerary yet and so I will be interested to see where she heads off to.

Status
Not open for further replies.