Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021 Shipping Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Moderator comment - Its here - VIN and delivery speculation you should have been notified that it was moved. Many moderation actions are not atomic and some will end up awaiting moderation for a period of time. Moderators do the role in their own spare time, so things don't always progress in an instant.
Okay, it is there now... but it was actually deleted, gone, not existing anywhere and somehow came back to life in that forum. I know from past experience that a 'moved' post will still show up in your own 'Postings' list in another forum, but this one disappeared completely.

Wha wha wha. Deep breath. Okay, I'm fine now.

Thanks for your reply.

Edit: The major detail of my moved message:
  • A second batch of 1170 Model 3+Y from Fremont has been delivered to Brussels and will arrive in Ashdod shortly on the RCC Africa

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: RubberToe
Okay, it is there now... but it was actually deleted, gone, not existing anywhere and somehow came back to life in that forum. I know from past experience that a 'moved' post will still show up in your own 'Postings' list in another forum, but this one disappeared completely.

Wha wha wha. Deep breath. Okay, I'm fine now.

Thanks for your reply.

Edit: The major detail of my moved message:
  • A second batch of 1170 Model 3+Y from Fremont has been delivered to Brussels and will arrive in Ashdod shortly on the RCC Africa
I think the RCC AFRICA visited Ashdod on 31 May

LAKE GENEVA appears to have enjoyed a trouble-free 48hrs and has succesfully crossed the Bay of Biscay and is now entering the English Channel.
She is due to arrive in Zeebrugge tomorrow afternoon.

GENEVA MED PROGRESS.png

GLOVIS CENTURY continues bang-on track at just under 18 kts towards the English Channel.
She is approximately 230NM west of the Isle of Scilly and just 290 NM behind LAKE GENEVA.
She should arrive off Zeebrugge around midnight tomorrow night.
The weather continues to be problem-free.

Century Atlantic.png

HYPERION RAY is the ship that I believe will be coming to Southampton, and possibly Zeebrugge as well.
She is currently in the Mediterranean making just under 18kts enroute to Le Havre initially with an ETA there of 9 Jun. Quite when she will arrive in Southampton will be revealed by the Southampton port schedule but we will probably have to wait until Sunday morning to find out.
She may also call at Zeebrugge subsequently.
I have no weather concerns for her voyage.
Hyperion Ray MED.png

GLOVIS COUNTESS is the final ship of Q2 to depart Pier 80 for Europe.
She remains on course for the Mona Passage and is maintaining just over 18 kts.
Her estimate for Zeebrugge,of the afternoon of 12 June, is rather ambitious and we shall see how she gets on..
Weatherwise, it looks very much like she will enjoy a good run all the way to Zeebrugge.

Countess Caribbean.png

Satellite data supplied courtesy of marinetraffic

LAKE GENEVA It looks like she will make it to Zeebrugge this afternoon after all. This has not been a trouble-free voyage and since departing Shanghai on 7 May she has had 4 unexpected stoppages each lasting several hours. Whatever the issue is I hope it is fully repaired before she ventures out to sea again. At the moment she is scheduled to cross the Atlantic and there is a 50/50 chance that she could be the 1st ship of Q3 from Pier 80. We shall see....

GLOVIS CENTURY is now established in the English Channel. She is just north of Cherbourg and making just under 16 kts.
She should arrive off Zeebrugge around midnight tonight and be alongside in the small hours of tomorrow morning.
ICO, the handlers in Zeebrugge will have their work cut out with 2 shiploads of Tesla’s to unload and despatch across Europe - it’s not a manpower issue but a real estate problem.

HYPERION RAY is the ship that I believe will be coming to Southampton, and possibly Zeebrugge as well.
She is currently in the Mediterranean north of Tunisia making just over 17kts enroute to Le Havre with an ETA of 9 Jun. Quite when she will arrive in Southampton will be revealed by the Southampton port schedule but we will probably have to wait until Sunday morning to find out.
She may also call at Zeebrugge subsequently.

Hyperion Ray MED.png

GLOVIS COUNTESS is the final ship of Q2 to depart Pier 80 for Europe and looks increasingly likely to be the final ship of Q2 as well since there is no sign of a 'bonus' shipment from the US east coast as we have seen previously.
You will recall that I regarded her ETA in Zeebrugge of 12 Jun as rather ambitious, well it seems that the message has got through to GLOVIS COUNTESS as she has now amended her ETA to 0900 13 June. I’m glad somebody reads this thread!
This will still require a fast crossing and at the moment she has a few hours in hand and so this ETA is much more achievable if she can keep her speed up. By my calculation she needs to average 18.3kts all the way. The weather is looking good and so she could do it.
In the meantime she is maintaining 19kts on course for the Mona Passage which she should be in by midday Z.

Countess Caribbean.png

The Mona Passage is the gap between the Dominican Republic to the west and Puerto Rico to the east.
On the Atlantic side lies the Puerto Rico Trench which is about 8000m deep whereas in the passage it's only about 100m deep.
On the Caribbean side it's about 1000m deep. Additionally, there is a significant current that runs from south to north.
This 'shallowness' in the passage can be responsible for some pretty treacherous seas with some horrendously big waves.
It's not something that is too much of a concern for big ships but for smaller vessels the 'dreaded' Mona Passage has a fearsome reputation and navigating it is something that needs careful advanced planning and respect.
It is also the site of a significant British victory in 1782 when British and French warships engaged there.

Seems both LAKE GENEVA and GLOVIS CENTURY docked. Do you know when they will start the unload operation and how long will it take until cars are loaded into trucks?
Unloading will commence straight away and with two ships in they will want them loaded onto car transporters and off the dockside as soon as possible.
ICO at Zeebrugge a very efficient at this in any case but with 2 ships in it will add to the urgency.

Unloading will commence straight away and with two ships in they will want them loaded onto car transporters and off the dockside as soon as possible.
ICO at Zeebrugge a very efficient at this in any case but with 2 ships in it will add to the urgency.
I've seen that the 2 ships are located in different "locations" within the port (something like 510 and 520). This may perhaps help?

LAKE GENEVA arrived in Zeebrugge from Shanghai yesterday.

GLOVIS CENTURY arrived in Zeebrugge from San Francisco early this morning.

HYPERION RAY will arrive in Southampton early on 10 June, and possibly Zeebrugge subsequently.
She is currently in the Mediterranean north of Algeria making just over 17kts enroute to Le Havre with an ETA of 9 Jun.

Hyperion Ray MED.png

GLOVIS COUNTESS is the final ship of Q2 to depart Pier 80 for Europe.
She is now established in the North Atlantic and following a great circle course towards the English Channel at around 19 kts.
The weather continues to look good for her.
ETA Zeebrugge 13 Jun

Atlantic Countess.png

Normally at this stage in the quarter we would have seen some indication of a ‘bonus’ shipment from the US east coast to Europe but it would appear that Q2 is not going to have one - at least I haven’t spotted it and I have been actively hunting for it. If this is the case then GLOVIS COUNTESS will be the the last ship of Q2 2021.

HYPERION RAY departed Shanghai on 13 May and will arrive alongside in Southampton early in the morning of Thursday (10th).
Having passed through the Straits of Gibraltar early this morning she is now in the North Atlantic making just over 17kts enroute to Le Havre with an ETA of 9 Jun.
We now know that she will depart Southampton on the afternoon of 11 June enroute to Zeebrugge. (Sat 12 June)

Hyperion Ray MED.png

GLOVIS COUNTESS is the final ship of Q2 and is enroute from San Francisco to Zeebrugge.
She is making excellent progress across the North Atlantic (averaging 18.9kts over the last 24 hrs) on a great circle course towards the English Channel at around 19 kts.
ETA Zeebrugge, a week today, on Sunday 13 Jun.

Atlantic Countess.png

HYPERION RAY departed Shanghai on 13 May and will arrive alongside in Southampton early in the morning of Thursday (10th).
Having passed through the Straits of Gibraltar early this morning she is now in the North Atlantic making just over 17kts enroute to Le Havre with an ETA of 9 Jun.
We now know that she will depart Southampton on the afternoon of 11 June enroute to Zeebrugge. (Sat 12 June)

View attachment 670198

GLOVIS COUNTESS is the final ship of Q2 and is enroute from San Francisco to Zeebrugge.
She is making excellent progress across the North Atlantic (averaging 18.9kts over the last 24 hrs) on a great circle course towards the English Channel at around 19 kts.
ETA Zeebrugge, a week today, on Sunday 13 Jun.

View attachment 670199

How soon do you expect Ireland deliveries after Hyperion Ray docks in Southampton? Does it take another week?

Status
Not open for further replies.