Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021 Shipping Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've just been told the names of the next 2 ships to load at Pier 80 this month after CSAV RIO NEVADO - they will probably become public knowledge on Monday when the port schedule gets published (it may only reveal the name of the 2nd ship) and I will post a link on this thread when that happens.
I still don't know the destinations of the 3 ships (I'm working on it) but I am reasonably confident that the 2nd ship will not be coming to Europe. I have still seen nothing to suggest that CSAV RIO NEVADO is coming to Europe either.

Meanwhile over in Shanghai, HELIOS RAY is just about to come alongside and start loading.
At the moment I don't know whether she will be loading Teslas or not - that confirmation could take weeks to come.
I am going to assume she is loading Teslas and track her and wait for the evidence.
My concern at the moment is that it might be too early in the quarter to build 5000 cars and transport them to the docks ready to load, it's only just the 4th day after all. Last quarter the 1st ship didn't depart until the 7th. So alarm bells are ringing and my hunch that HELIOS RAY is a Tesla ship may be completely wrong. We shall see....

Reactions: NJR46 and RazorCH3
In Germany, the delivery dates of the SR+ were adjusted to those of the LR yesterday. (November)
I think that the delivery dates of the M3 SR orders of the months before July will be retroactively adjusted back to August/September.
The fact that from now on no more SR+ will be delivered in Q3, tells me something. And I'm sure @Mr Miserable does too. :)

Greets from the german TFF-Forum

In Germany, the delivery dates of the SR+ were adjusted to those of the LR yesterday. (November)
I think that the delivery dates of the M3 SR orders of the months before July will be retroactively adjusted back to August/September.
The fact that from now on no more SR+ will be delivered in Q3, tells me something. And I'm sure @Mr Miserable does too. :)

Greets from the german TFF-Forum
Switching orders over to the Berlin plant?

Be just my luck that my June order gets caught up and delayed in this. Every time I've ordered a new car, I've had delays. Golf R; seat supplier issues. Tiguan; emissions changes caused engine delays.

Switching orders over to the Berlin plant?

Be just my luck that my June order gets caught up and delayed in this. Every time I've ordered a new car, I've had delays. Golf R; seat supplier issues. Tiguan; emissions changes caused engine delays.
UK orders will not be affected by this. The UK will continue to be supplied from China for some time.

Over in Shanghai the HELIOS RAY has been joined alongside by DON JUAN a ship that will be heading to Australia.
It makes me wonder whether there has been a batch of RHD production.
If that is the case we might see HELIOS RAY heading for Southampton but we won't know that until she has cleared Suez.

Reactions: PaulMD
Over in Shanghai the HELIOS RAY has been joined alongside by DON JUAN a ship that will be heading to Australia.
It makes me wonder whether there has been a batch of RHD production.
If that is the case we might see HELIOS RAY heading for Southampton but we won't know that until she has cleared Suez.
So the first ship to leave last Q was on the 7th April, how long would it take to load these two up? Is 10000 cars in 7 days a manufacturing miracle? 😄

Im confused, can someone please sum up latest changes and updates? We have LHD, RHD, continents, cars and ships.

Best regards from Norway.
I wish I knew the answers but you are right it is confusing and there is a lot we don't know.

What we do know is that all the RHD markets are being supplied from China in Q3.
So I am looking for 2 or possibly 3 ships from China to the UK this quarter.

Now the big question is where are the cars for the LHD European market coming from?
It would appear that we shouldn't expect to see many/any SR+ or LR arriving at Zeebrugge this quarter.
We should see a shipment of Performance models leaving Shanghai or Pier 80 soon.
I don't see anything leaving Pier 80 this month for Zeebrugge and so I assume the shipment must be coming from Shanghai.

Since August deliveries are promised in both the UK and mainland Europe I expect to see a shipment depart very soon.

The lack of SR+ and LR models sales in Europe is not something that Tesla will wish for and so they will want the numbers to be made up by something else. I can't see Berlin filling the gap and so I wonder what else can be supplied from China to make up the numbers???

Here’s a silly question for you….is it only (usually) Helios Ray and Glovis Symphony that ship the Tesla? Also, how many “runs” will they do within a quarter? Thanks.
The answer is that Tesla don't have dedicated ships - it would make my life so much easier if it did though!
Here's a link to a spreadsheet that has all the answers for you.
It names all the ships Tesla have chartered and where they went to/from.

Reactions: NJR46
So the first ship to leave last Q was on the 7th April, how long would it take to load these two up? Is 10000 cars in 7 days a manufacturing miracle? 😄
The slowest part is transporting them from the factory to the docks by road on car transporters. To load a ship in Shanghai (they are very efficient there) from empty takes 24 -36hrs. Ships that take longer have generally had cargo to unload as well.

The slowest part is transporting them from the factory to the docks by road on car transporters. To load a ship in Shanghai (they are very efficient there) from empty takes 24 -36hrs. Ships that take longer have generally had cargo to unload as well.
So we could still see a July 7th departure then? If it’s a Tesla ship…. Great news, something to watch for in the next few days.

I wish I knew the answers but you are right it is confusing and there is a lot we don't know.

What we do know is that all the RHD markets are being supplied from China in Q3.
So I am looking for 2 or possibly 3 ships from China to the UK this quarter.

Now the big question is where are the cars for the LHD European market coming from?
It would appear that we shouldn't expect to see many/any SR+ or LR arriving at Zeebrugge this quarter.
We should see a shipment of Performance models leaving Shanghai or Pier 80 soon.
I don't see anything leaving Pier 80 this month for Zeebrugge and so I assume the shipment must be coming from Shanghai.

Since August deliveries are promised in both the UK and mainland Europe I expect to see a shipment depart very soon.

The lack of SR+ and LR models sales in Europe is not something that Tesla will wish for and so they will want the numbers to be made up by something else. I can't see Berlin filling the gap and so I wonder what else can be supplied from China to make up the numbers???
You are my hero! thank you for the summary, now i have a much more clear understanding of the situation. We have SR+ and Y longrange in order so following this shipment updates and tracking is exiting, almost like a thriller :)

Status
Not open for further replies.