Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021 Shipping Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Tesla Carriers Map another resource for shipping movements here, if only I knew which one to follow!
It would be good if it was kept updated but it isn't with some positions over a week old.

I think I understand how Franco has produced it from a dynamic spreadsheet, I may have a stab at replicating the process and post a copy of the resultant map on here at regular intervals.
I doubt I will have it up and running this month though.....

Update: Franco has posted the code on Github.

Last edited:
It would be good if it was kept updated but it isn't with some positions over a week old.

I think I understand how Franco has produced it from a dynamic spreadsheet, I may have a stab at replicating the process and post a copy of the resultant map on here at regular intervals.
I doubt I will have it up and running this month though.....

Update: Franco has posted the code on Github.
With the up to date info that would be a winner! Appreciate your efforts @Mr Miserable , it’s like watching the slowest race in the world yet somehow exciting nonetheless :)

Reactions: sparkymark75
Typhoon In-Fa stubbornly retains it typhoon status as it drifts towards the NW at 7 mph.
We are beginning to see ships, mostly bulk carriers, heading north starting to probe the southern extremities of the storm in their impatience to deliver their cargo. The advantage they have is that they won't have a headwind whereas the traffic heading south will be battling the gales and the seas head-on.

As Typhoon In-Fa makes landfall about 80NM south of Shanghai the storm is expected to decay fairly rapidly.
In anticipation the wacky races have started with a surge of northbound ships, primarily bulk carriers, punching themselves into the Force 8/9 winds and confused seas in a race to be first in when the ports open up.

Screenshot 2021-07-25 at 08.28.31.png

Shanghai still has a couple more days of torrential rain to look forward to, however the rain will become more vertical as the current 50kt wind slackens.
Southbound vessels still have a few more hours to wait before the plucky ones dare to challenge the weather in a push, initially to the SE.
We should hopefully see Shanghai port fully open again tomorrow with bulk carriers leading the charge. The car carriers will arrive a little later I expect and it may take a while for the vehicle operations to get back up to their normal blistering tempo. With berths at a premium in Shanghai I expect the offshore anchorages to fill to record sizes with ships waiting their turn to dock.

GLOVIS SUMMIT is one of the ships waiting 150NM to the north of Shanghai to resume her journey to the south and I expect her to set off to the SE initially later today. She will have to rebook her Suez Canal passage and she will be competing with many others in the same, errr, boat. The next race will be the race to Suez and they are now under starters orders.

Last edited:
It looks as though HOEGH TARGET will transit the canal tomorrow. She is due to arrive in Piraeus on Wednesday and Zeebrugge on 8 Aug.
The Indian Ocean is a little rough at the moment which is affecting the progress of HOEGH OSLO and HELIOS RAY. They should be able to make it up though when they enter the Gulf of Aden.

25 Jul.png

TORINO is the only ship shown that we haven't had any confirmation yet that she is carrying Tesla cargo.

PAGNA's itinerary says she is calling at Bristol on 9 Aug and Southampton on 13 Aug, however she is still not showing on the Bristol port schedule which is very unusual and so she may route direct to Southampton once she is through the canal. She could arrive there on 9 Aug.
Also UK bound is GLOVIS SUPREME, she is due to arrive in Southampton on 15 Aug. She may head to Le Havre or Zeebrugge afterwards.

Reactions: NJR46 and NATO
GLOVIS SUMMIT has raised her anchor but instead of heading SE enroute to Suez she is heading NW towards ... your guess is as good as mine.
I don't know what she is up to.

View attachment 687972
It seems to be heading to Suez now.

But, but, but: Underway by sail 😀. Elon may like this climate friendliness.

Screenshot_20210725-211632_Chrome.jpg

Edit: 322 is a strange course indeed.

Last edited:
GLOVIS SUMMIT has failed to join the flock of southbound vessels as they breakaway behind the remnants of Typhoon In-Fa.
This makes me think that she was not fully loaded when she had to evacuate Shanghai port and intends to return.
The fact that she is holding so far away makes me believe that the port may not reopen today.
Tyhoon In-Fa's strength rapidly decayed on hitting landfall and is now classified as a Tropical Storm however the threat from this storm is the sheer amount of rain. The city is braced for severe flooding from the forecast 400mm of rain in a 24 hr period. In some outlying areas that figure could rise to 600mm.

A few appeared in inventory last week so I tried to swap to one to get it quicker. The rep told me they were just unsold ones on the same ship and delivery time would be the same….September
My guess and I may be completely wrong is that people who have had their texts and a delivery date mid august are on PAGNA and it's going direct to Southampton as I doubt if it arrives on the 13th that is enough time for delivery in Glasgow on the 18th , Other orders are on GLOVIS SUPREME which will be delivered early September and cars will be matched in the next week or so.

My guess and I may be completely wrong is that people who have had their texts and a delivery date mid august are on PAGNA and it's going direct to Southampton as I doubt if it arrives on the 13th that is enough time for delivery in Glasgow on the 18th , Other orders are on GLOVIS SUPREME which will be delivered early September and cars will be matched in the next week or so.
While I agree on the possible sequencing (and hopefully my car might be on the GLOVIS SUPREME).

Further above, Mr Miserable has noted the GLOVIS SUPREME as due in Southampton on the 15th. Do you think that would preclude any August deliveries, especially if the PAGNA itself is only due a couple of days earlier on the 13th?

While I agree on the possible sequencing (and hopefully my car might be on the GLOVIS SUPREME).

Further above, Mr Miserable has noted the GLOVIS SUPREME as due in Southampton on the 15th. Do you think that would preclude any August deliveries, especially if the PAGNA itself is only due a couple of days earlier on the 13th?
As i'm guessing, with no stop scheduled in Bristol, PAGNA might go direct to Southampton arriving about the 9th as noted above with delivery's starting 9 days later seems sensible. If it were to arrive 13th only two days earlier than GLOVIS SUPREME on the 15th then a week or two delivery takes it to last week August and all may as well be delayed to early September for a 71 REG. The fact delivery is still estimated as august for Performance models and not September as SR+ and LR are showing says to me PAGNA has some Performance models on it as well arriving a little earlier.

I did have my SA e-mailing me last week if i was still happy to have delivery on the 18th August as it wouldn't have a new reg. I said it's a lease so not really concerned over what the reg is unlike i would be if i was buying it.

Reactions: NJR46 and Mr H
As i'm guessing, with no stop scheduled in Bristol, PAGNA might go direct to Southampton arriving about the 9th as noted above with delivery's starting 9 days later seems sensible. If it were to arrive 13th only two days earlier than GLOVIS SUPREME on the 15th then a week or two delivery takes it to last week August and all may as well be delayed to early September for a 71 REG. The fact delivery is still estimated as august for Performance models and not September as SR+ and LR are showing says to me PAGNA has some Performance models on it as well arriving a little earlier.

I did have my SA e-mailing me last week if i was still happy to have delivery on the 18th August as it wouldn't have a new reg. I said it's a lease so not really concerned over what the reg is unlike i would be if i was buying it.
Hopefully we will know where PAGNA is heading to, Bristol or Southampton, on Thursday when she emerges from the Suez Canal.
(I've just checked again - still not showing on the Bristol port schedule)

Status
Not open for further replies.