Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021 Shipping Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m waiting on a lease car but order was 90 days and that was beginning of May. Any idea what boat I should be looking at? 90 days from order would be about the beginning of August. I don’t have a VIN number or anything.
You should ask your broker/leasing co for the the Tesla RN (reservation number).
This does 2 things, firstly in confirms that your car has actually been ordered (you'd be surprised) and secondly with the RN you can ring Tesla and ask for an update on when they think the car will arrive in country. Always ask the name of the ship and if you find out please post that info here!! You can ask them whether they have the VIN too.
Even though you are leasing, you can still benefit from the free 1000 miles of supercharging if you use a referral. If you didn't there is still time to try and get the referral added to your order details.

Reactions: TesTed
I routinely check how ships are progressing on their voyages with their precious Tesla cargo and post updates on their positions.
Generally there are no surprises but often you can see the effect weather has.
HOEGH OSLO is currently battlling strong monsoon winds and heavy seas in the Indian Ocean and as a result is only making 10 kts.

Also worthy of note is the "disappearance" of HELIOS RAY.
You will recall that this ship, which is Israeli owned, was the subject of an attack earlier this year from what was believed to be Iranian forces. Her sister ship HYPERION RAY was also attacked. HYPERION RAY did a Shanghai to Europe run for Tesla last quarter and I noted then that she switched off her AIS transponder as she passed the southern tip of India and kept it off until she was about halfway up the Red Sea - about 5 days. I think it safe to assume that HELIOS RAY is adopting the same procedure. She was last seen yesterday afternoon as she passed the southern tip of India.

Sorry all....a bit off topic but how are people getting these referral miles?
I sent the referral code I wanted to use to my lease company who spoke to Tesla enterprise to get it added to my order
Thanks, but where did you get the referral from in the first place?
Every existing owner has one and is more than happy to share as they get free miles too - I used one from a really helpful youtuber whose videos were the best I found. If I hadn't have used his, I would likely have used Mr Miserable's one given how dedicated he is to helping folk like us better understand the delivery process

Reactions: Lonewulf45
I sent the referral code I wanted to use to my lease company who spoke to Tesla enterprise to get it added to my order

Every existing owner has one and is more than happy to share as they get free miles too - I used one from a really helpful youtuber whose videos were the best I found. If I hadn't have used his, I would likely have used Mr Miserable's one given how dedicated he is to helping folk like us better understand the delivery process
Damn those youtubers!
As a matter of interest Bjorn from Norway, who produces videos of himself eating fast food from Circle K, has amassed 1055 referrals!

Last edited:
I'm surprised you are being hurried along for payment - this is normally the final act in the week before delivery. You most definitely would know the VIN and probably the Reg at that stage. Sit on your cash there is no 'prioritising' going on.
The message I got was from the Tesla automated system to ask for payment information so the delivery can be prioritised. I have my RN number etc

As a new M3 owner to be, I am following this topic eagerly. Thanks for all the updates and efforts, especially to you Mr Miserable. I live in Norway. Placed my order for a SR+ on 28th of June and confirmed and completed a change on the configuration on 2nd of July. When I asked about the delivery time this week since I cannot be patient anymore, I was told that expected time of delivery is end of August. I asked about the name of the ship but they said they don't have a track system for the boats and that I would get my VIN from the delivery once they arrange the logistics. Any idea which ship my Tesla might be at or how far I can dig to get the name of the ship if possible? :/

As a new M3 owner to be, I am following this topic eagerly. Thanks for all the updates and efforts, especially to you Mr Miserable. I live in Norway. Placed my order for a SR+ on 28th of June and confirmed and completed a change on the configuration on 2nd of July. When I asked about the delivery time this week since I cannot be patient anymore, I was told that expected time of delivery is end of August. I asked about the name of the ship but they said they don't have a track system for the boats and that I would get my VIN from the delivery once they arrange the logistics. Any idea which ship my Tesla might be at or how far I can dig to get the name of the ship if possible? :/
Cars destined for Norway generally are unloaded in Zeebrugge and then crossloaded onto other ships for transport to Drammen.
This is not always the case but it is true for the vast majority of Teslas heading for Norway. (You haven't said what part of Norway, but I will assume the south)
This quarter there are rumours of a ship routing direct to Norway. This would be very unusual and I'm not sure whether to believe it. I think it more likely that a ship may stop in Zeebrugge first and then head to Drammen. If it is a large ship it may head to Oslo. Anyway, I'm keeping my eye out for anything heading to Norway.
Your Tesla contact is correct they don't track ships but they do track their cars and once you have a VIN they can see where the car is. That is when you can find out the name of the ship! (and post it here!!)

Whilst I have my M3 and have no need to follow this thread I find it strangely compelling, it is a bit like Flight Radar....
Thanks to Mr M and everyone who contributes!
As a matter of interest I have been feeding ADS-B data to Flightradar24 and other sites for over 10 years and had one of the first receivers in the UK back in 2005.

Even though you are leasing, you can still benefit from the free 1000 miles of supercharging if you use a referral. If you didn't there is still time to try and get the referral added to your order details.
Interesting because in France they categorically refuse to add referral codes after the order is placed. This is really annoying as a lot of people only hear about referral code when they start looking for info online, like on forums and youtube, and for a lot of them, this is after their order...

None of the vehicle carriers currently scheduled to arrive at Port Kembla are coming from Shanghai. I have noted that sometime over the last few days that there are some LR M3s in the current inventory that have an “In Transit” status. I am keeping an eye on the remaining inventory currently with no status to see if that might be an indicator of an impending departure from Shanghai to Aus. @Vedaprime, is there a more appropriate thread over on the Aus forums for this discussion?

Hi, are there any ships headed towards Australia/NZ at the moment?

MORNING CLARA is the 2nd car carrier to arrive at Shanghai post-Typhoon.
She was due to arrive at PK 16 Aug but I think the typhoon will have put her about 4 days behind schedule.
I think she is highly likely to be carrying Teslas to Oz.

Status
Not open for further replies.