Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021 Shipping Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Further to my assumption that HELIOS RAY has deliberately switched off her AIS transponder like HYPERION RAY did in May, I have spotted another vessel that has done the same RCC ASIA. This is another car carrier with the same owner. Seems to be company policy now.
This is a dangerous practice and one that should not be encouraged or supported by any maritime agency.
'Ghost' ships do exist - generally ships conducting illegal activities - Iranian tankers, ships running supplies to North Korea and to that list we can now add Israeli owned car carriers. There are better and safer ways to protect a vessel at sea.

Cars destined for Norway generally are unloaded in Zeebrugge and then crossloaded onto other ships for transport to Drammen.
This is not always the case but it is true for the vast majority of Teslas heading for Norway. (You haven't said what part of Norway, but I will assume the south)
This quarter there are rumours of a ship routing direct to Norway. This would be very unusual and I'm not sure whether to believe it. I think it more likely that a ship may stop in Zeebrugge first and then head to Drammen. If it is a large ship it may head to Oslo. Anyway, I'm keeping my eye out for anything heading to Norway.
Your Tesla contact is correct they don't track ships but they do track their cars and once you have a VIN they can see where the car is. That is when you can find out the name of the ship! (and post it here!!)
I will gladly share the info of the ship as soon as I receive VIN:) I don’t know if this is any useful info but as I have seen in a Norwegian forum, there is an M3P destined to Norway in Hoegh Oslo and an SR+ in Hoegh Target which is planned to arrive in Zeebrugge on the 8th of August.

GLOVIS SUPERIOR is currently transiting the Suez Canal and should emerge into the Mediterranean in about 3 hours time when we will finally discover her European destination and ETA.
Just a little further south 3 ships have now arrived into the Gulf of Suez PAGNA, VOLANS LEADER and PASSERO.
HOEGH OSLO has entered the Gulf of Aden but is still battling high seas.
HELIOS RAY remains in the dark but will also be battling the strong headwind and high seas as she makes her way across the Arabian Sea towards the Gulf of Aden. Today's revelation is that she will be calling at Ashdod Israel on 4 Aug to drop off 1700 Tesla Model 3s
GLOVIS SUPREME is making good progress and is already passing the southern tip of Sri Lanka.
GLOVIS SUMMIT is racing through the Straits of Taiwan at over 18kts.

Meanwhile over in California GRAND RACE remains alongside Pier 80. I'm not sure of the reason why her departure has been delayed (the ship has been loaded and is closed up) but I am assured she will now depart for Taiwan at 0600 local this morning.

Last edited:
Reactions: Erol
Good morning @Mr Miserable . I'm from Italy and waiting my Tesla Model 3LR from China. In my Tesla Account delivery date in Italy is planned for September 6 to 12. I think the Zeebrugge port is the destination. Do I have to follow the GLOVIS SUPERIOR path? I have no VIN yet...
Thanks in advance
Diego

Good morning @Mr Miserable . I'm from Italy and waiting my Tesla Model 3LR from China. In my Tesla Account delivery date in Italy is planned for September 6 to 12. I think the Zeebrugge port is the destination. Do I have to follow the GLOVIS SUPERIOR path? I have no VIN yet...
Thanks in advance
Diego
I don't think GLOVIS SUPERIOR is likely to be carrying your car especially if you have no VIN yet.
Post again when you have a VIN allocated and we should be able to narrow the likely ships down.

GLOVIS SUPERIOR has departed the Suez Canal and has posted her destination as Brixham. Yes, Brixham in Devon.
Now before anyone gets too excited the ship will not actually be docking here, merely briefly slowing off Brixham to pick up a 'Brixham pilot'.
A Brixham pilot is a deep sea pilot, a very experienced captain who has excellent knowledge of European waters and port procedures. Having a Brixham pilot onboard relieves a lot of stress from the ship's captain and makes the ships time in European waters so much safer.
An article here describes the job of a deepsea pilot.
It means however we still don't know where exactly GLOVIS SUPERIOR is heading. I guess Zeeberugge. If so, she could arrive late on 6 Aug or more likely on 7 Aug.

The latest locations of my ships of interest.

Jul 28.png

It's worth noting that VOLANS LEADER has now overtaken PAGNA in the Gulf of Suez which may indicate that she has an earlier transit booked. PASSERO doesn't appear to be in any rush and so will probably transit tomorrow.
HELIOS RAY has switched off her AIS and so her position is estimated.

Last edited:
Reactions: NJR46 and NATO
The latest locations of my ships of interest.

View attachment 689117

It's worth noting that VOLANS LEADER has now overtaken PAGNA in the Gulf of Suez which may indicate that she has an earlier transit booked. PASSERO doesn't appear to be in any rush and so will probably transit tomorrow.
HELIOS RAY has switched off her AIS and so her position is estimated.
Pagna under way by paddle it seems 😄

For those in Norway:-

Vehicles bound for Norway are generally crossloaded in Zeebrugge onto ships heading for Drammen.
These are the ships I will be watching for signs of Teslas being unloaded.:

11 Aug AUTOPROGRESS
18 Aug SPICA LEADER
25 Aug VIKING AMBER
25 Aug PROMETHEUS LEADER
Just to give you a little information, my MY MIC is planned for the 28th of August Delivery in Belgium. With this in mind, I would say the arrival of the second two ships are more likely. Originally the car was planned for the 17th but got pushed forward. Hope this helps to determine the correct ship.

Just to give you a little information, my MY MIC is planned for the 28th of August Delivery in Belgium. With this in mind, I would say the arrival of the second two ships are more likely. Originally the car was planned for the 17th but got pushed forward. Hope this helps to determine the correct ship.
Did you get a VIN assigned already? I have filled out all details but still waiting for anything (VIN, delivery estimate) for my MIC MY for The Netherlands. Ordered in March 2019.

Status
Not open for further replies.