Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021 Shipping Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Attachments

• IMG_20211107_105545.jpg
    IMG_20211107_105545.jpg
    265.6 KB · Views: 78
Two possible future ships have had me researching and calling in favours - I have already discussed GRAND DAHLIA although as I posted yesterday I suspect she may be replaced with another vessel.
The other is DON QUIJOTE which is due to arrive in Southampton on 9 Dec. Two ships with very similar itineraries had me wondering whether DON QUIJOTE was the replacement vessel but further investigation revealed DON QUIJOTE has been booked into Southampton for some time. The revelation is that she is booked into the Eastern Docks only. This means that she is almost certainly not carrying Teslas to the UK at least. GRAND DAHLIA however is booked in to the Western Docks which suggests she is a definite maybe.
Both vessels head from Southampton to Zeebrugge and once again it appears that they head to different docks. GRAND DAHLIA heads for the ICO pier where the Teslas are handled whilst DON QUIJOTE is scheduled to dock on the other side ie a non-Tesla pier.
After all that I can conclude that we can probably ignore DON QUIJOTE completely and GRAND DAHLIA or her replacement is the ship to concentrate on.

Reactions: S.Lav and Washout
My daily report, once again in 2 parts, here is part 1.

LAKE FUXIAN made excellent progress over the last 24 hours and is now entering the Bay of Biscay at 18kts. She is due to arrive in Zeebrugge on Tuesday which is easily achievable in the forecasted fine weather conditions.

FUX Med.png

LAKE GENEVA arrived in Koper last night.

HELIOS RAY is making 17kts as she heads up to the southern entrance of the Suez Canal. I expect she will transit the canal on Tuesday. She is not due to arrive in Ashdod until midday Wednesday which means she has plenty of time in hand. After Ashdod I expect her to depart to Southampton, arriving there around 19/20 Nov.

Helios to SUZ.png

HOEGH KOBE is not a Tesla chartered ship and is on a scheduled service however we know she is carrying both MY and M3. She will eventually arrive in Zeebrugge on 22 Nov after making a number of stops on the way. Her next stop is Port Sudan where she is due to arrive tomorrow. After a quick dash up the Red Sea yesterday there was hope that her port call had been brought forward a day but it seems not to be the case as she has now slowed.
Those folk with a VIN can check to see if their car is onboard a Hoegh ship by entering their VIN here My Cargo.

Screenshot 2021-11-07 at 10.56.58.png

VIKING OCEAN is heading for Southampton. She is making a steady 15 kts up the Red Sea which I reckon is a bit too slow for her to make her stated ETA in Suez tomorrow night. I suspect she will actually arrive there on Wednesday morning and transit the canal soon after. I now estimate she will arrive in Southampton on 18 Nov.

GLOVIS CHALLENGE has sprinted down the Gulf of Aden at is currently maintaining 19 kts. She needs to keep her speed up since her ETA in Suez is Wednesday night. She is due to arrive in Koper next Sunday.

Challenge Leg 2.png

Part 2 of my daily report will follow later today....

Thanks again @Mr Miserable absolutely fascinating (who would have known!) Thread and enlightening insight into shipping! Hats off to your dedication and detail every day, brilliant.

I have read a lot of tye posts on this thread since joining and have seen the link to "my cargo" but my VIN (source code) doesn't show up. Are there any similar links / search facilities for other shippers / vessels?

My car (SR+) was ordered 10/10 and on its way to the UK for an "Early December" delivery - any punts as to which ship it may be on ? Thank you

..and here is Part 2 of my daily report....

NABUCCO Is currently rounding the southern tip of Sri Lanka at 15kts. She is heading to Southampton 25 Nov and Zeebrugge 27 Nov.

NUC Leg 2.png

HYPERION RAY is currently leaving the Straits of Malacca north of Banda Aceh.
She is very likely to be a Tesla ship although I have yet to see anything to confirm she actually is, so far.
(I'm not too concerned at the moment since it took a while for GLOVIS CHALLENGE to be confirmed)
I would estimate her arrival in Zeebrugge to be around 28 Nov, or Koper around 21 Nov, although we don't actually know where she is headed to.
We may not know her actual destination until she leaves the Suez Canal.

HOEGH TRACER is on a scheduled service following much the same route as HOEGH KOBE. We have already seen evidence that she is carrying some Teslas (check your VIN on My Cargo ) but she won't arrive in Zeebrugge until 4 Dec.
She is making her way up the Straits of Malacca at just over 15 kts enroute to her next stop at Port Sudan.

Tracer Leg 2.png

My watch list:
JASPER ARROW is now heading to India and so has been removed from the watch list
HORIZON LEADER is heading to Singapore.
SANDERLING ACE departed Shanghai for Singapore this morning.
GRAND DAHLIA (or replacement) should load in Shanghai around Wednesday/Thursday

Currently loading in Shanghai is ATLAS LEADER - I don't know where she is headed off to but tomorrow we should see TURANDOT arrive and load Teslas destined for Australia and New Zealand

Reactions: Washout
Thanks again @Mr Miserable absolutely fascinating (who would have known!) Thread and enlightening insight into shipping! Hats off to your dedication and detail every day, brilliant.

I have read a lot of tye posts on this thread since joining and have seen the link to "my cargo" but my VIN (source code) doesn't show up. Are there any similar links / search facilities for other shippers / vessels?

My car (SR+) was ordered 10/10 and on its way to the UK for an "Early December" delivery - any punts as to which ship it may be on ? Thank you
As far as the UK is concerned there aren't any VIN searches on ships you can do.
NABUCCO would be my guess for where your car is.

Reactions: JonP73
Hi guys

Newbie member here so please bare with me if this is a stupid question.
Can your car be shipped if no VIN is assigned? Or is it a trend that VIN=a shipped car?
No your car can be shipped and the VIN allocation done enroute.
In fact, because Tesla don't build to order that is the way all orders are handled - see what is being shipped from the factory and allocate VINs accordingly.

Reactions: JonP73
Hi All,

Just had an email from Tesla Denmark SC;

“We’re excited that our customers are this eager to follow the vessels.

We’ve already assigned and scheduled the first deliveries with this batch of vehicles later this month, and we’ll slowly inform waiting customers per SMS about their new vehicle in transit. However, please note that there is a lot of logistic and planning behind the scenes that we do not offer visibility in.

We’ll update you as soon as we have more information on your delivery.”

Not much critical information or details, but seems deliveries are scheduled this month in Denmark. Any DK member with VIN assigned already that can shine light on it??
no vin yet ordered 18/9 dk jutland

Status
Not open for further replies.