Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021 Shipping Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I ordered a Model Y in late September with a November estimate. Emailed the local sales rep and they said late November (if lucky) early December (more likely). Does anyone know how cars made it to Iceland in the past? In dedicated car transporters or transferred to regular Icelandic cargo ships? (Eimskip).

I ordered a Model Y in late September with a November estimate. Emailed the local sales rep and they said late November (if lucky) early December (more likely). Does anyone know how cars made it to Iceland in the past? In dedicated car transporters or transferred to regular Icelandic cargo ships? (Eimskip).
Seems like the standard delivery answer for Scandinavian countries. 😒

LAKE FUXIAN is now in the English Channel, just north of Cherbourg and has slowed to about 10kts - she is in no rush as her allocated arrival time in Zeebrugge is 11:00 tomorrow.

HELIOS RAY is making 16 kts in the Gulf of Suez. She will probably anchor off Suez tonight and lead a convoy through the canal tomorrow morning. She is no rush since she is not due to arrive in Ashdod until midday on Wednesday. Thereafter she will head to Southampton probably arriving around 19/20 Nov

Helios to SUZ.png

HOEGH KOBE is currently alongside Jeddah, Saudi Arabia. She is not a Tesla chartered ship and is on a scheduled service however we know she is carrying both MY and M3. She will eventually arrive in Zeebrugge on 22 Nov after making a number of stops on the way. Her next stop should be Piraeus where she is due to arrive on 13 Nov.
Those folk with a VIN can check to see if their car is onboard a Hoegh ship by entering their VIN here My Cargo.

VIKING OCEAN is making her way at 15kts up the Red Sea towards Suez where she will arrive tomorrow night. I expect she will transit the canal on Wednesday morning and then head to Southampton where I expect her to arrive around 18 Nov.

GLOVIS CHALLENGE has now entered the Red Sea and is steaming north towards Suez at 18kts. She is bound for Koper on 14 Nov.

Challenge Leg 2.png

NABUCCO has now entered the Arabian Sea and is making 16 kts. She is heading to Southampton 25 Nov and Zeebrugge 27 Nov.

NUC Leg 2.png

HYPERION RAY is halfway across the Bay of Bengal and is maintaining 16 kts.
She is very likely to be a Tesla ship although I have yet to see anything to confirm she actually is, so far.
(I'm not too concerned at the moment since it took a while for GLOVIS CHALLENGE to be confirmed)
I would estimate her arrival in Zeebrugge to be around 28 Nov, or Koper around 21 Nov, although we don't actually know where she is headed to.
We may not know her actual destination until she leaves the Suez Canal.

HOEGH TRACER is on a scheduled service following much the same route as HOEGH KOBE. We have already seen evidence that she is carrying some Teslas (check your VIN on My Cargo ) but she won't arrive in Zeebrugge until 4 Dec.
She is presently about 45 NM north of Banda Aceh making 16kts towards the Bay of Bengal enroute to her next stop at Port Sudan.

Tracer Leg 2.png

TURANDOT which is currently loading in Shanghai will depart to Fiji initially but will subsequently call at Auckland (26 Nov) and Australia (PK 30 Nov)
and so I wouldn't be too surprised if she had some Teslas onboard.

In the meantime another ship has been added to the watch list:

ATLAS LEADER departed Shanghai for Singapore earlier this morning.

I have no idea about this but would love to find out. Do post any info you find out.

I forgot to mention in my daily report that two ships of interest will dock in Shanghai tomorrow:

BROOKLANDS
GLOVIS CLIPPER

It's quite possible that one or even both of them may head to S Korea but since we are approaching the cut-off for Q4 ships to Europe from Shanghai and I'm expecting a big finale....

Reactions: jhnbssll
Readers who followed this thread back in the days when the ships came from San Francisco across the Atlantic will recall that I used to run a little fun competition to guess where each ship would be at a certain time as it crossed the Atlantic. It used to draw around 60 - 90 entries for each competition and so was quite popular. The beauty of the Atlantic crossing is that there are at least 4 different routes that a ship could take and the weather used to play a part in a ships progress making it hard to accurately predict a ship's position, although some folk became very good at it!
There isn't much of a variation in either the route from Shanghai or in the timings which means that actually you should be able to fairly accurately predict where the ship will be which means that the winning entrant will have demonstrated a skill with much less luck thrown in.
So here goes with our first ex-Shanghai competition... It's just a bit of fun!

NABUCCO Competition

Where will NABUCCO be at Midday UTC on 23 Nov 21?
She should be sailing between Suez and Southampton.

All you have to do is choose a major square and then one of the 25 minor squares within it that the ship will be located within. (I realise they aren't actually square!)

Major Square Each major square is subdivided into 25 Minor Squares.
EU Maj Sq.png

Although a lot of likely major squares contain land, careful selection of the minor square will place your selection at sea eg Major Square P3 and Minor Square 23 is fine but P3 and 1 is going to be a loser!

Minor Squares
Minor Squares.png

The rules:
Only 1 entry per person
In the event of a tie, the person who chose the closest small square first will be declared the winner.
The competition will close for entries at Midday UTC on 16 Nov 21 .
There is no prize - it's just bit of fun!
Results will be announced on the shipping thread on 23 Nov 21, shortly after Midday UTC.

CLICK HERE to enter

You don't need to sign in to Google or enter an email address to enter!

Readers who followed this thread back in the days when the ships came from San Francisco across the Atlantic will recall that I used to run a little fun competition to guess where each ship would be at a certain time as it crossed the Atlantic. It used to draw around 60 - 90 entries for each competition and so was quite popular. The beauty of the Atlantic crossing is that there are at least 4 different routes that a ship could take and the weather used to play a part in a ships progress making it hard to accurately predict a ship's position, although some folk became very good at it!
There isn't much of a variation in either the route from Shanghai or in the timings which means that actually you should be able to fairly accurately predict where the ship will be which means that the winning entrant will have demonstrated a skill with much less luck thrown in.
So here goes with our first ex-Shanghai competition... It's just a bit of fun!

NABUCCO Competition

Where will NABUCCO be at Midday UTC on 23 Nov 21?
She should be sailing between Suez and Southampton.

All you have to do is choose a major square and then one of the 25 minor squares within it that the ship will be located within. (I realise they aren't actually square!)

Major Square Each major square is subdivided into 25 Minor Squares.
View attachment 730711

Although a lot of likely major squares contain land, careful selection of the minor square will place your selection at sea eg Major Square P3 and Minor Square 23 is fine but P3 and 1 is going to be a loser!

Minor Squares
View attachment 730712

The rules:
Only 1 entry per person
In the event of a tie, the person who chose the closest small square first will be declared the winner.
The competition will close for entries at Midday UTC on 16 Nov 21 .
There is no prize - it's just bit of fun!
Results will be announced on the shipping thread on 23 Nov 21, shortly after Midday UTC.

CLICK HERE to enter

You don't need to sign in to Google or enter an email address to enter!
Remind me which film your avatar is from? It’s been killing me recently. I had Bridge of Spies in mind, but I don’t think it’s that. A Cold War thriller of some form I think.
Thanks for the completion. Very entertaining!

Status
Not open for further replies.