Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021 Shipping Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just joined and been searching the thread for rough dates for ships arriving in December I know its all estimated etc and may change but just curious how many boat loads are expected in December - hoping mine will be on one :)
How many boatloads in December? Good question. When do you think is the last possible date in Dec for 3500 cars to be dumped in Southampton and then all delivered nationwide by the end of the month?
In Netherlands in 2019, a ship unloaded several thousand Teslas on to an Amsterdam dockside on 20 Dec. Customers had to collect them from the quayside. There was a healthy tax incentive to motivate customers to turn up and drive them away but it shows what can be done.
Last year the ship arrived in Amsterdam on 18 Dec.
As far as the UK is concerned the last ship arrived last year on 15 Dec.
On that basis the last ship to the UK would need to depart Shanghai around 19 Nov.
I suspect there is a ship already enroute that will arrive in Dec and I'm expecting another to depart later this week.
On that basis I expect at least two ships but possibly three ships to arrive in Southampton in December.

See Wu Wa posted an update yesterday showing Tesla awaiting collection at Lu Chao, which I believe is the port nearby the factory where Dream Jasmine is currently berthed
I have been keeping an eye on this pier ever since it was used by TRITON ACE in Q3. The pier has been used throughout Q4 for vehicle shipments to domestic destinations by small RoRo's. I would normally discount DREAM JASMINE as being too small for Tesla to use for exports but since Tesla are using a ship that is smaller then DREAM JASMINE for a run to the UK (VIKING OCEAN) that argument has been blown out of the water. In the meantime I shall continue to monitor this pier and DREAM JASMINE.

UPDATE: DREAM JASMINE has Teslas onboard and is bound for Yokohama, Japan. See below for news on the next ship to arrive at this pier!

Last edited:
How do find Altair Leaders destination ports from now and to Zeebrügge estimated 18/11 … i see Greece Piræus as next but which then after
Since Piraeus to Zeebrugge is a 7 day voyage she will need to depart Piraeus on 11 Nov to make Zeebrugge on time and on that basis I would not expect her to stop anywhere else.

Reactions: Berlingoman
VIKING OCEAN has commenced her transit of the Suez canal and has helpfully already updated her AIS to confirm her destination as being Southampton with an ETA of 12:00 on 20 Nov. I'm a little surprised at this ETA since this is very unambitious and easily achievable - an average of just 13 kts will see her arrive early. I can't believe that is correct and so I fully expect it to be updated.

HOT NEWS!
I mentioned last week that I believed GRAND DAHLIA would be loading for Southampton this week, the only question being whether she would make it on time. The good news is that she will make it and she is currently making her way to dock at Shanghai South ( aka Lu Chao) (aka Hangzhou Bay pier 4) - where DREAM JASMINE is currently docked.
I expect her to arrive in Southampton on 10 Dec and Zeebrugge on 12 Dec.

Last edited:
HELIOS RAY -> Ashdod

Bildschirmfoto 2021-11-10 um 08.35.34.png

HOT NEWS!
I mentioned last week that I believed GRAND DAHLIA would be loading for Southampton this week, the only question being whether she would make it on time. The good news is that she will make it and she is currently making her way to dock at Shanghai South ( aka Lu Chao) (aka Hangzhou Bay pier 4) - where DREAM JASMINE is currently docked.
I expect her to arrive in Southampton on 10 Dec and Zeebrugge on 12 Dec.
Interesting that Wu Wa noted that the are 3 and Y at S.South, and makes sense that some would go to Japan if they are RHD, I wonder if the Y will go to Japan or UK, or if Grand Dahlia will drop Y at Zeebrugge after UK.
I don't have Tesla yet, but I'm hooked on watching the green car revolution develop in front of us.

Interesting that Wu Wa noted that the are 3 and Y at S.South, and makes sense that some would go to Japan if they are RHD, I wonder if the Y will go to Japan or UK, or if Grand Dahlia will drop Y at Zeebrugge after UK.
I don't have Tesla yet, but I'm hooked on watching the green car revolution develop in front of us.
The MY is not going to be delivered to UK customers until Q1 22, probably March.

Israel with a similar population than Denmark, has by far a better Tesla network of Superchargers. I was there last week for work and one thing is for sure; the absolute lack of Teslas in Israel!! In 3 days of being on the road and visiting greater Tel Aviv and Haifa, I only counted 3 M3. That's it! 🙄
Sorry for the quick rant! 😒

Reactions: Berlingoman
Hi, what a great forum this is, thanks to all and especially to Mr. Miserable, thumbs up!!
I ordered a model Y in september, all black, outside, inside and 20" black wheels (darknight, yes I know ;-)
I just received a mail with my VIN number, I called Tesla Rotterdam to ask which ship my MY is on and when it will arrive. They answered it is on the HYPERION RAY, planned for arrival at 27th of November in Zeebrugge. So we now are sure the HYPERION RAY will transport Tesla's, Or at least one Tesla,...;-)

Reactions: Mr Miserable
How many boatloads in December? Good question. When do you think is the last possible date in Dec for 3500 cars to be dumped in Southampton and then all delivered nationwide by the end of the month?
In Netherlands in 2019, a ship unloaded several thousand Teslas on to an Amsterdam dockside on 20 Dec. Customers had to collect them from the quayside. There was a healthy tax incentive to motivate customers to turn up and drive them away but it shows what can be done.
Last year the ship arrived in Amsterdam on 18 Dec.
As far as the UK is concerned the last ship arrived last year on 15 Dec.
On that basis the last ship to the UK would need to depart Shanghai around 19 Nov.
I suspect there is a ship already enroute that will arrive in Dec and I'm expecting another to depart later this week.
On that basis I expect at least two ships but possibly three ships to arrive in Southampton in December.
Thanks for this. I guess I have till around the 19th of November to have a VIN assigned, or else I'll have to wait till February. The estimate when I ordered was December but it changed to February two days after.

LAKE FUXIAN arrived in Zeebrugge yesterday.

HELIOS RAY is currently in Ashdod, Israel. She should depart to Southampton soon and I expect she will arrive there around 19 Nov.

VIKING OCEAN started her transit of the Suez canal early this morning but she is currently anchored in the Great Bitter Lake and I don't know why since her convoy has continued north without her. I've already commented on her ETA for Southampton of 20 Nov being a couple of days askew from what I would have expected. So, for whatever reason, she definitely seems to be in no hurry. It could possibly be an issue with space in Southampton since she will be unloading close behind HELIOS RAY.

GLOVIS CHALLENGE has maintained her high speed dash and is just arriving off Suez. She is due to unload in Koper on 14 Nov.

HOEGH KOBE is making her way up the Gulf of Suez and should arrive off Suez later tonight. I expect her to transit tomorrow morning and head off to Piraeus where she is due to arrive on 13 Nov. She is not due to arrive in Zeebrugge until 22 Nov.
Those folk with a VIN can check to see if their car is onboard a Hoegh ship by entering their VIN here My Cargo.

NABUCCO She is heading to Southampton and Zeebrugge and is currently in the Arabian Sea making 15kts towards Suez. I have revised my estimates for her since I suspect she will be overtaken by HYPERION RAY on the Suez to Southampton leg. I now estimate she will arrive in Southampton on 26 Nov and Zeebrugge 28 Nov.

Don't forget to enter the free NABUCCO competition! There has been a great response to the competition and it's clear to me that a lot of thought has been put in to the entries and surprisingly, despite them all being in a fairly tight area, there have only been two squares chosen twice. Remember the first person to choose the winning square will be declared the winner and so I would advise getting your entry in soon. Click HERE to enter.

NUC Leg 2.png

HYPERION RAY I'm pretty satisfied now that this is a Tesla ship. She is currently off the southern tip of India making 17 kts towards Suez. She's due to arrive there on 17 Nov and then I expect her to race to Southampton to arrive on 25 Nov. Zeebrugge on 27 Nov.

HypRay Leg 2.png

HOEGH TRACER is on a scheduled service following much the same route as HOEGH KOBE. We have already seen evidence that she is carrying some Teslas (check your VIN on My Cargo ) but she won't arrive in Zeebrugge until 4 Dec.
She is presently approaching the southern tip of Sri Lanka making 17 kts towards her next stop at Port Sudan.

Tracer Leg 2.png

HORIZON LEADER will arrive off Singapore tomorrow and is on my watch list however there seems already to be sufficient evidence that she is definitely carrying Teslas to Europe.

Over in Shanghai, we are seeing some big Tesla movements.
At the pier we call Shanghai South we have DREAM JASMINE loading Teslas destined for Japan.
Waiting offshore to take her place is GRAND DAHLIA. She will be coming to Southampton 10 Dec and then heading to Zeebrugge 12 Dec.

DON QUIJOTE is also loading but at the familiar main Haitong terminal and she is also bound for Southampton and is due to arrive on 9 Dec and then head to Zeebrugge to arrive 12 Dec. You can't fail to have noticed the similarities with GRAND DAHLIA's itinerary but there is a significant difference in that DON QUIJOTE is docking at non-Tesla piers at both Southampton and Zeebrugge, and this is a crucial detail. I expect there to be a lot of noise (other websites, pundits etc) about this ship but I am firmly in the belief from my research that she will not be carrying any Teslas. Both ships have refuels booked in Singapore on 17 Nov.

In the meantime BROOKLANDS continues to load (GLOVIS CLIPPER went off to South Korea which to be honest I half expected) and I have no clue as to where she may depart to but we will find out later tonight....

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.