Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021 Shipping Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Got a mail from Tesla yesterday morning, that the VIN had been matched (which we allready knew of course :p ), but also that the car had allready been built, but not been shiped yet. Shipping should start very soon and delivery 2nd half of december. No ship name unfortunately.
The invoice however is more specific and is showing the 19th of december as delivery date, as a mentioned a few days ago.
Maybe the BROOKLANDS could become the ship I have to look out for.🧐

Reactions: Mr Miserable
@Mr Miserable any chance to get some insights on the following? Ordered a M3 Performance with a delivery date of december 8 but I didn’t see any SFO departing ship…
That's because your car was made in China. Look for the ships arrriving in Zeebrugge at the end of Nov or very early Dec - you have quite a choice.

Reactions: JanG007
Update from the UAE. My Model 3 is confirmed to be in Dubai. Just waiting for insurance and registration to be completed for delivery probably early next week. Although it seemed unlikely, my best guess is that it came in on either Iguazu Highway or Dong A Glaucos.

When I ordered in September, the estimated delivery date was December. It now is beginning of November. If one orders now, the estimated delivery date is shown as February. Based on that experience, the next delivery would not be expected until end of December. That wound make it unlikely for Jasper Arrow to go on to the UAE after Singapore.
I ordered M3 LR on 1 Oct in Dubai. Est Delivery was November 2021 however no VIN allocated so far. My SA said there is little chance i get one in the November shipment and i might have to wait until next shipment in Feb. Is there any chance earlier shipment arrives?

HELIOS RAY has departed Ashdod to Southampton and has revised her ETA to 20 Nov which is much more sensible than the 22 Nov she was quoting earlier. Her arrival there does however cause a clash with VIKING OCEAN.

Screenshot 2021-11-11 at 13.37.27.png

VIKING OCEAN is doing 14kts enroute to Southampton where she is also due to arrive on 20 Nov. She could arrive earlier but it very much depends on the booking made for Southampton. A year or so ago a port booking especially for Southampton was set in stone, and if you missed your booking you could have a long wait. Nowadays with global port congestion causing havoc to ship's schedules, the port booking means very little and ships are allocated berths almost on a first come first served basis. Southampton is a complicated port in that there is very little flexibility to switch traffic to other vacant berths and RoRos wanting to unload Teslas are limited to just 2 or 3 berths. Added to the fact that real estate to park the unloaded vehicles is also limted and expensive, the idea of 2 ships arriving at the same time or even one behind the other with no gap is a really bad one. It just makes me wonder whether VIKING OCEAN is actually carrying Teslas? The Southampton port schedule which used to reliably forecast out to 10 days is now reduced to just 5 days ahead and that will tell us a lot - we just have to wait.

GLOVIS CHALLENGE after racing up the Red Sea overtaking HOEGH KOBE in the process, found herself allocated to a Suez convoy and positioned directly behind HOEGH KOBE. Anyway she has just completed the transit and is emerging into the Med and can now head for Koper where she is due to unload on Sunday.

HOEGH KOBE is just emerging from the Suez Canal into the Mediterranean and can now set course for Piraeus where she is due to arrive on Saturday.
There is port congestion there at present and I hope she won't be delayed too much - it might be wise for her to go full speed to stake her place in the queue. She is not due to arrive in Zeebrugge until 22 Nov.
Those folk with a VIN can check to see if their car is onboard a Hoegh ship by entering their VIN here My Cargo.

NABUCCO She is heading to Southampton and Zeebrugge and is about to enter the Gulf of Aden making 18kts towards Suez. I estimate she will arrive in Southampton on 26 Nov and Zeebrugge 28 Nov.

Don't forget to enter the free NABUCCO competition! I would advise getting your entry in earlier rather then later. Click HERE to enter.

NUC Leg 2.png

HYPERION RAY has, as expected, switched off her AIS transmitter albeit a little earlier than one would hope. She is currently in the Arabian Sea heading towards Suez and I have estimated her position on the chart. She's due to arrive there on 17 Nov and then I expect her to race to Southampton to arrive on 25 Nov. Zeebrugge on 27 Nov.

HypRay Leg 2.png

HOEGH TRACER is on a scheduled service following much the same route as HOEGH KOBE. We have already seen evidence that she is carrying some Teslas (check your VIN on My Cargo ) but she won't arrive in Zeebrugge until 4 Dec.
She is presently between the Maldives and the southern tip of India making 16 kts towards her next stop at Port Sudan.

Tracer Leg 2.png

HORIZON LEADER is currently refuelling off Singapore and I expect her to depart to Suez later today.

Over in Shanghai, we are seeing once again that loading at Shanghai south takes much longer than at Shanghai Haitong - we saw this in Q3. There could be lots of reasons for this eg customs (it's not normally used for exports), inexperienced personnel, fewer personnel, lack of working space etc etc.
DREAM JASMINE departed a day late to Japan and GRAND DAHLIA is now not expected alongside there until late tonight (UK time). She is due in Southampton on 10 Dec and Zeebrugge on 12 Dec although I expect those dates may well slip right....

BROOKLANDS has departed to Singapore and features on my watch list.

I note PLATINUM RAY is in the area. This ship has Tesla history and I will be watching to see where she departs to.

I ordered M3 LR on 1 Oct in Dubai. Est Delivery was November 2021 however no VIN allocated so far. My SA said there is little chance i get one in the November shipment and i might have to wait until next shipment in Feb. Is there any chance earlier shipment arrives?
It's interesting to note that they are expecting a November shipment but I suspect your SA is right.

Looks like Mr M’s prediction for Hyperion Ray to arrive 25rh is spot on.
Just back from seeing my guy at SC who told me he can’t tell me the ship, but my car is definitely arriving in Southampton on 25th
I'm happy with the date, it's just which ship that's causing me sleepless nights.
HYPERION RAY will have to overtake NABUCCO to make the 25th and I did originally forecast NABUCCO to arrive on the 25th however her schedule is definitely saying 26th.

If only I could sleep......
Earworm of Night Boat to Cairo doesn't help...

I've just been reviewing the info on VIKING OCEAN.
We have had just one report of a Tesla rep naming this ship.
At the time I commented that I was surprised since VIKING OCEAN was an unusually small ship for a Tesla charter, which is true.

Has anybody else on here been told their car is onboard VIKING OCEAN?

No confirmation but watch the Drammen webcams tomorrow
There is not a lot of spare real estate in Drammen at the moment but the space normally used to park Teslas has been cleared.

You may be able to check your VIN on the UECC.com website. Let me know how you get on with that.
Norway deliveries have dropped to almost zero this week, not sure where those ships will unload if no cars are being delivered to customers

Status
Not open for further replies.