Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021 Shipping Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
VIKING OCEAN continues to dawdle her way northwards. She's currently off Lisbon making just 12 kts. With 860 NM to go at this rate she will make it on time (just).
HELIOS RAY is now in the Atlantic south of Portugal and in no particular hurry either (see above) Southampton 21 Nov.
ALTAIR LEADER is going flat out in choppy seas off Majorca in an attempt to arrive at Zeebrugge on Sunday evening.
HOEGH KOBE will pass through the Straits of Gibraltar later today. She is on track to arrive in Zeebrugge on Monday.
HOEGH TRACER continues up the Red Sea. She is due to arrive in Port Sudan tomorrow. Zeebrugge on 4 Dec.
HORIZON LEADER in Arabian Sea. I estimate her arrival in Southampton to be 01 Dec
GRAND DAHLIA in South China Sea. Will arrive off Singapore for refuel on Saturday. Southampton 10 Dec Zeebrugge 12 Dec

BOHEME may have some Teslas to unload at Zeebrugge on 14 Dec

The only other ship of interest at the moment is the Koper bound ship that will start loading in Shanghai tomorrow night.
Is there no skip on his way to Norway? I have a VIN in the source code.

Just talked to CA I have been allocated a VIN number and should expect mid to late December delivery in Denmark. Can’t find the vin in source searching for “LRW” or “JLY” ?
what ship could it be on?

model Y order date 29/10 standard white/black/19

VIKING OCEAN continues to dawdle her way northwards. She's currently off Lisbon making just 12 kts. With 860 NM to go at this rate she will make it on time (just).
HELIOS RAY is now in the Atlantic south of Portugal and in no particular hurry either (see above) Southampton 21 Nov.
ALTAIR LEADER is going flat out in choppy seas off Majorca in an attempt to arrive at Zeebrugge on Sunday evening.
HOEGH KOBE will pass through the Straits of Gibraltar later today. She is on track to arrive in Zeebrugge on Monday.
HOEGH TRACER continues up the Red Sea. She is due to arrive in Port Sudan tomorrow. Zeebrugge on 4 Dec.
HORIZON LEADER in Arabian Sea. I estimate her arrival in Southampton to be 01 Dec
GRAND DAHLIA in South China Sea. Will arrive off Singapore for refuel on Saturday. Southampton 10 Dec Zeebrugge 12 Dec

BOHEME may have some Teslas to unload at Zeebrugge on 14 Dec

The only other ship of interest at the moment is the Koper bound ship that will start loading in Shanghai tomorrow night.
VIKING AMBER, which is arriving Drammen today could have TMY on it?

An interesting photo is doing the rounds which shows a load of Teslas parked at the docks in Shanghai. The 2 ships in the background are LIBERTY ACE and TOSCA, neither of which are of interest to us. Later this evening, VIKING BRAVERY will dock where TOSCA (the green one on the right) is and hopefully start loading some of these cars.
The photo is unusual in that I think these cars are in an overflow parking area with the main Tesla lot being locate in the top right of the picture.
This tends to suggest more than one shipload. I expect shipments to South Korea to be made around now (we can't identify those as there are too many ships going to/fro S Korea as a matter of course) and we have a big shipment to Australia departing on the 28th onboard MORNING CLARA.

Edit: I'm having problems loading the picture from my mobile! In fact, It's not going to happen since it's a still from the video posted above!

Last edited:
Reactions: Washout
Of course, as soon as I post the jukebox video above, Wu Wa comes through with a look at the main loading pier on the Yangtze River:

A good video showing at the end the ships TOSCA (the green one) and LIBERTY ACE (the blue one) loading earth movers. Some people still think it's just cars, and specifically just Tesla cars, that get shipped from Shanghai. Also you can see a small domestic car transport vessel (AN JI 22) docked near TOSCA.

It's a shame the video didn't show in detail the usual Tesla staging area which I suspect is full.

What is Hoegh Tracer doing in Jeddah instead of Port Sudan as planned?
I was going to ask the same question but I've noticed that they've updated the next destination.
Screenshot_2021-11-18 MarineTraffic Global Ship Tracking Intelligence AIS Marine Traffic.png

• Informative
Reactions: Chocochip
Status
Not open for further replies.