Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021 Shipping Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Are the VINS allocated for GRAND DAHLIA?

Does VIN allocation happen when leaving Shanghai, refueling in Singapore or when the ship passes through Suez?
I ordered a M3 SR+ white / black / standard rims mid Oct 2021 and at that time the expected delivery was November.
But so far no VIN allocated and Tesla told me yesterday that they expect an update end Nov\ 1st week of Dec. but I am wondering if the last ship left for Q4 already and if there is still hope for NL customers. the tax for lease is going up from 12% to 16% from January 1st. so I hope to get the car in 2021.

Nervously waiting for the daily report from Mr Miserable.

I have received confirmation from a source in Shanghai (there's a first!) that the ship I am expecting to head to Koper will commence loading late tomorrow night. Interestingly the source cannot confirm that this will be the last ship of Q4 but admits his visibility of future ship movements can be very limited at times.

• Informative
Reactions: ABCTG
HELIOS RAY It's bad news I'm afraid.
Her arrival alongside in Southampton has been delayed until Sunday afternoon. She will dock once the cruise ship SPIRIT OF DISCOVERY departs which is likely to be around 5 or 6pm

VIKING OCEAN will continue to dock as planned on Saturday afternoon.

I can't say I'm surprised.

Reactions: Washout
NABUCCO is making her way through the Suez Canal but has helpfully updated her AIS to confirm her Southampton arrival as evening of 26 Nov.

It will be very interesting to see HYPERION RAY's ETA. Her ETA for Suez has moved right by 24hrs and I'm not now expecting her to transit the canal until Friday morning. As a result I can't see her arriving in Southampton before 27 Nov.

As I have now just paid for my new M3LR (nervous moment sending all that money via back transfer) to see HELIOS RAY has been delayed by 1 day. Do we think this will delay collections by 1 day?

I am not due to pick my car up until 2nd December in Newcastle so still have plenty of time. However to hear at the last minute of a delayed pickup after 3 months of waiting may push me over the edge 🤪

Reactions: TmYBcS
VIKING OCEAN continues to dawdle her way northwards. She's currently off Lisbon making just 12 kts. With 860 NM to go at this rate she will make it on time (just).
HELIOS RAY is now in the Atlantic south of Portugal and in no particular hurry either (see above) Southampton 21 Nov.
ALTAIR LEADER is going flat out in choppy seas off Majorca in an attempt to arrive at Zeebrugge on Sunday evening.
HOEGH KOBE will pass through the Straits of Gibraltar later today. She is on track to arrive in Zeebrugge on Monday.
HOEGH TRACER continues up the Red Sea. She is due to arrive in Port Sudan tomorrow. Zeebrugge on 4 Dec.
HORIZON LEADER in Arabian Sea. I estimate her arrival in Southampton to be 01 Dec
GRAND DAHLIA in South China Sea. Will arrive off Singapore for refuel on Saturday. Southampton 10 Dec Zeebrugge 12 Dec

BOHEME may have some Teslas to unload at Zeebrugge on 14 Dec

The only other ship of interest at the moment is the Koper bound ship that will start loading in Shanghai tomorrow night.

I wonder if that 1 day delay for Helios Ray, will cause everyone’s deliveries to also be delayed?

Or do you think there is enough of a “buffer”?

I would imagine there would be quite some effort involved in rearranging thousands of collections and deliveries so some sort of buffer must be built in to their timing. There may be a few affected but I'd think the majority will be unaffected. Just guessing though, maybe with a little wishful thinking as my car's on Helios Ray too 😅

I would imagine there would be quite some effort involved in rearranging thousands of collections and deliveries so some sort of buffer must be built in to their timing. There may be a few affected but I'd think the majority will be unaffected. Just guessing though, maybe with a little wishful thinking as my car's on Helios Ray too 😅
You would hope so. I guess I am just hopeless sceptic at heart, and sometimes (Quite irrationally) think that if it's possible it'll b*gger up my delivery, then it will definitely happen that way! HAHA

• Funny
Reactions: jhnbssll
For Info, just been told by CS final ships arriving in Southampton this year are due 1st, 11th and 12th of Dec 2021. Looks like my Blue M3LR with tow hitch is unlikely to be on one though! Probably March for me :confused:
That's interesting - thanks for posting it

1st = HORIZON LEADER
11th = ??
12th = GRAND DAHLIA

A possible ship to fill that gap on the 11th is BOHEME however she is scheduled into Bristol (showing an arrival on 8th, which is unlikely, on the Bristol port schedule) so perhaps we need to keep an eye on her.

Note: Although GRAND DAHLIA is scheduled to arrive in Southampton on 12 Dec, remember she left Shanghai 2 days later than planned and at the moment she's not making up time.
UPDATE: GRAND DAHLIA revised schedule is Suez on 2 Dec and Southampton 11 Dec Zeebrugge 12 Dec.

So 1st = HORIZON LEADER
11th = GRAND DAHLIA
12th= Possibly BOHEME but all indications at the moment are that she is heading to Bristol. We may have to wait until she emerges from the Suez Canal (~ 03 Dec) to see where she is actually heading.
Anyway BOHEME is now on my watch list.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: Chocochip
Not sure if this is useful information - I just received my final invoice today which showed that my M3SR+ (for Singapore) was manufactured on 10 October, and I first noticed that my VIN was visible in the source code 2 days later on the 12th. In correspondence with Mr M, it was believed my vehicle was loaded onto HOEGH KOBE (although I was not able to confirm with the VIN checker) that only left Shanghai more than 1 week. Interesting as while we have seen VINs for cars bound for Europe only allocated when they are closer or past Singapore, I believe this shows VINs can be allocated very soon after manufacturing as well, perhaps before being loaded onto a ship even. Maybe a different protocol for a different market

• Informative
Reactions: Mr Miserable
I have a slight concern for March MY deliveries to the UK.
I suspect that the UK production was going to fill the space left by the EU MY production moving to Berlin.
If Berlin doesn't get it's production quickly up-to-speed I suspect EU production will continue to be supplied from Shanghai, which leaves the UK....
Having said that the logistics will be in place for UK production but we have seen on many occasions Tesla's amazing agility in being able to completely change plans at a drop of a hat.
We can only hope the issues preventing the Berlin GF ramping up are quickly resolved.

• Disagree
Reactions: thewanted
As I have now just paid for my new M3LR (nervous moment sending all that money via back transfer) to see HELIOS RAY has been delayed by 1 day. Do we think this will delay collections by 1 day?

I am not due to pick my car up until 2nd December in Newcastle so still have plenty of time. However to hear at the last minute of a delayed pickup after 3 months of waiting may push me over the edge 🤪
I paid for my M3LR on 8th November using a CHAPS transfer and it took them until this morning to find the money in their account; something to do with the reference applied to the payment by my bank. That has been a nervous few days and now they will have 4 days to get my car unloaded and ready for collection.

I paid for my M3LR on 8th November using a CHAPS transfer and it took them until this morning to find the money in their account; something to do with the reference applied to the payment by my bank. That has been a nervous few days and now they will have 4 days to get my car unloaded and ready for collection.
Are you saying your payment went by boat?

Hurray, ordered 29 Oct and got my VIN number for M3 LR MSM Aero 16 Nov with the message saying 'arrival date being calculated to schedule delivery'! ... would it be feasible to say it could be on any ship arriving... could someone (or link using vin) give a guess narrowing down an exact ship it could be on...🤔

Reactions: Advocate
Hurray, ordered 29 Oct and got my VIN number for M3 LR MSM Aero 16 Nov with the message saying 'arrival date being calculated to schedule delivery'! ... would it be feasible to say it could be on any ship arriving... could someone (or link using vin) give a guess narrowing down an exact ship it could be on...🤔
I got my VIN on the same day as you. A few folks here have said GRAND DAHLIA. I haven't confirmed from anyone at Tesla so I don't know how definite this is.

Status
Not open for further replies.