Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021 Shipping Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all,
Today I went to the Tesla dealer after frustrating chats with them.
The CS chap told me that I already have a VIN allocated since 3 days ago!! Super happy about it. Of course he couldn’t give me any details on the delivery, but sent me the VIN by email.
Strangely enough, my VIN does not start with the common 5YJ numbering. 🤔
My VIN is LRWYGCEKXMC145XXX
I told him how come is missing the 5YJ, but he affirmed it doesn’t have it and I checked a MY parked there and effectively the VIN number displayed in the windshield was also LRWY…
Any explanation to this??
LRW is the code identifier for Tesla Shanghai, Y is Model Y. L means China
5YJ is Tesla US i.e. Fremont. 5 means USA
Once Grüneheide begins production there will be new German prefix.
Austin might have a new prefix too, although OEM specific factory codes are normally later in the sequence.
If you want to look up more here is a useful Wiki:

Reactions: TMYDK
LRW is the code identifier for Tesla Shanghai, Y is Model Y. L means China
5YJ is Tesla US i.e. Fremont. 5 means USA
Once Grüneheide begins production there will be new German prefix.
Austin might have a new prefix too, although OEM specific factory codes are normally later in the sequence.
If you want to look up more here is a useful Wiki:
Thanks so much JBCarioca.
A couple of other members have already pointed out my confusion on the VIN coding. The funny thing is that already new about it, but with all the excitement of having the VIN code I totally forgot about it... 🤦‍♂️
Been checking as well at HOEGH tracking site and it can't recognise my VIN though... perhaps I'm forgetting something else again - or my wishful thinking hopes perhaps has already been unloaded from a boat?? 🤷‍♂️
Wait and see!

Last edited:
Reactions: Berlingoman
Thanks so much JBCarioca.
A couple of other members have already pointed out my confusion on the VIN coding. The funny thing is that already new about it, but with all the excitement of having the VIN code I totally forgot about it... 🤦‍♂️
Been checking as well at HOEGH tracking site and it can't recognise my VIN though... perhaps I'm forgetting something else again - or my wishful thinking hopes perhaps has already been unloaded from a boat?? 🤷‍♂️
Wait and see!
Mostly wait 🙈🙈🙈

You might want to join the "Tesla Model Y Owners Denmark" facebook group if you are not in it already. At the moment it is mostly people like me and you - having difficulties with their patience :D Every once in a while there is also an useful post about tires, insurance, etc. You might get some of that "good" vibe when someone tells how they ordered the same car as you 1-2 months after you and are getting it by the end of november because ... Tesla logic works like this :)

Reactions: Berlingoman
Helios Ray has been moved to a new dock and will now come alongside in Southampton this evening.

1637428301452.png

Mr M, when the UK start receiving cars from Berlin, what route do you think they’ll take?
I’ve been wondering if that’s why there’s a supercharger pin saying Hull coming soon…
I would imagine they will be shipped from Bremerhaven or Emden to Southampton. Rail is too expensive.
When Shanghai opened we wondered if they would use the China rail link but it couldn't cope with the huge numbers being transported to Europe.
When Tesla previously shipped vehicles to the north from Zeebrugge they used Grimsby.

• Informative
Reactions: XHabjab
Looks like more ships are going to Drammen Norway next week, Auto Energy and Prometheus Leader are coming before viking amber.

View attachment 735349
Mr M. My M3LR is on Hoegh Kobe. Delivery is in Drammen Norway. Do you think it will go with PROMETHEUS LEADER from Zeebrugge 22 november, or do you think it will stay in Zeebrugge for 6 days and leave with VIKING AMBER 28 november?

Looks like more ships are going to Drammen Norway next week, Auto Energy and Prometheus Leader are coming before viking amber.

View attachment 735349
I stand corrected!
The schedule has been revised, which is good news. PROMETHEUS LEADER was originally departing on the 19th but is now departing on 22nd but keeps her 25 Nov arrival date for Drammen.

Mr M. My M3LR is on Hoegh Kobe. Delivery is in Drammen Norway. Do you think it will go with PROMETHEUS LEADER from Zeebrugge 22 november, or do you think it will stay in Zeebrugge for 6 days and leave with VIKING AMBER 28 november?
I should think PROMETHEUS LEADER will do the job.

Reactions: Pettero
Evening all. Sorry if this is a stupid question but how do you guys know if your car is on a certain ship? I ordered a long range back in October and have now got a vin showing within the source of the Tesla order page. How can I check where my new motor is? Cheers :)
You cannot be sure, all you can do is guesstimate based on when you were allocated a vehicle which normally happens within a week of a ship departing China.

Status
Not open for further replies.