Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021 Shipping Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
NABUCCO competition.

The results are in!

Surprisingly, we didn't have a direct hit in this competition.
At 1200z today the ship was located in Grid Square O3 and within its Minor Square 6

The closest, and therefore the winning, entry was @jlz78 (O3 12) who was just 91 NM off target. (Distance measured from the centre of the chosen square to the ship's position at midday)
In 2nd place was @BlueM3SR (N3 4) who was a mere 95 NM off target.
In 3rd place was @John_IE (O3 16) who was 128 NM off target.

Congratulations to all, but there isn't so much as even a cuddly toy to win!

Some trivia for you:

The most popular Major Square was O1
The most popular Minor Square overall was 18
If you had chosen that combination, which 2 people did, you would have ended up 485 NM off target.
@John_IE A M3 this side of Christmas as your prize hopefully 🙏🏻

NABUCCO competition.

The results are in!

Surprisingly, we didn't have a direct hit in this competition.
At 1200z today the ship was located in Grid Square O3 and within its Minor Square 6

The closest, and therefore the winning, entry was @jlz78 (O3 12) who was just 91 NM off target. (Distance measured from the centre of the chosen square to the ship's position at midday)
In 2nd place was @BlueM3SR (N3 4) who was a mere 95 NM off target.
In 3rd place was @John_IE (O3 16) who was 128 NM off target.

Congratulations to all, but there isn't so much as even a cuddly toy to win!

Some trivia for you:

The most popular Major Square was O1
The most popular Minor Square overall was 18
If you had chosen that combination, which 2 people did, you would have ended up 485 NM off target.
So close yet so far (128NM away!)...... Thanks Mr. M for a great competition! 👏👏👏

I had an interesting chat with Tesla Support this morning...basically they confirmed that the off-loading of vehicles at Southampton triggers the text/email alerts confirming VINs and registrations and that the timeline from off-loading to delivery is typically 2 weeks, subject to delivery location. They weren't able to confirm which ship my car was on but they were able to confirm it isn't on the one I thought it was (NABUCCO) and that I was due to receive a text/email alert later today, so with that information and a delivery date of 9 December in Glasgow, I now suspect my car is probably on HELIOS RAY. I am waiting with anticipation the arrival of my text/email alert and will be following HELIOS RAY's movements with interest throughout the day!!
The much anticipated text/email message I was told I would receive yesterday didn't arrive.....having had some issues with texts I decided to give them a quick call this PM, just in case I missed it. No text sent but some further info provided by CS......although my collection date is 9 Dec, the car is due to arrive in Glasgow on 6 Dec....they confirmed it was still at sea so clearly it wasn't on HELIOS RAY but looking at the latest shipping information and considering the date it is due to arrive in Glasgow, I am now thinking it might be on HYPERION RAY or maybe HORIZON LEADER.....one interesting thing they did say was that due to the volume of deliveries in December, registrations will be assigned 7-10 days before delivery. They also clarified the whole "up to 2 weeks' from off-loading to delivery, advising that this depends entirely on where your car is in the roll on / roll off pecking order!

Reactions: Simonix
So the jungle drums are sounding that there is another ship enroute to Koper.
The ship name being bandied around is PLATINUM RAY.
I would be a little surprised at this - she certainly is not a Tesla ship ie chartered by Tesla
She was alongside Shanghai for 24 hrs on 11 Nov and since then she has called at Tianjin where she stopped for 30 hrs, Pyeongtaek where she stopped for 54hrs (probably a crew change), Gwangyang where stopped for 13 hrs and Ulsan where she stopped for 16 hrs and finally Masan. Therefore I strongly suspect she is filled with Korean vehicles. If she is bound to Koper by my estimate she will arrive around 14 Dec.
I might add her to the watch list but at the moment I think even that is a stretch.

Last edited:
Reactions: Washout
Cheers! Same spec but different colour.... I only went with the white originally because I couldnt decide which colour to go for because liked black/white/blue equally, so went for the free white one because couldn't make up my mind 😂
Brilliant, delighted for you man!

What’s your new colour and spec?

We might have to go back to the other thread to discuss before Mr.M puts us on a ship outta here!

Status
Not open for further replies.