Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021 Shipping Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Cars to Denmark do they come from Zeebrugge or could they also come from Koper?
Just had a talk with Aarhus - my MY is on ship (did not tell me the name) arriving in Zeebrugge (he was very specific about this) mid-december. Current ETA for Aarhus is 21-12 so if I am lucky I might be able to pick it up just before Christmas. Otherwise the week after. He told me that they are delivering very few cars at the moment but in week 49, 50, 51 they expect to deliver "several hundreds" of cars so this would be the big push for them.

I got my VIN in source code on 16.11 which coincides with GRAND DAHLIA leaving SHG so I am assuming this is the ship my MY is on. He told me I am not to expect ANYTHING before the ship has unloaded the car in EU. First then am I to expect to see EDD, a few days after book a precise date, get an invoice, etc.

Reactions: TMYDK
Just had a talk with Aarhus - my MY is on ship (did not tell me the name) arriving in Zeebrugge (he was very specific about this) mid-december. Current ETA for Aarhus is 21-12 so if I am lucky I might be able to pick it up just before Christmas. Otherwise the week after. He told me that they are delivering very few cars at the moment but in week 49, 50, 51 they expect to deliver "several hundreds" of cars so this would be the big push for them.

I got my VIN in source code on 16.11 which coincides with GRAND DAHLIA leaving SHG so I am assuming this is the ship my MY is on. He told me I am not to expect ANYTHING before the ship has unloaded the car in EU. First then am I to expect to see EDD, a few days after book a precise date, get an invoice, etc.
Great thank you for sharing, i was also told the week up to christmas, and good the vin in source around same time as you so Grand Dahlia is what we will put our money on :) also Aarhus so we might meet :)

Reactions: mart1nn
Guys, am I right in saying that you receive a text when your car is unloaded and 'checked-in' to the UK? Something along the lines of "Your Model 3 is almost here...."?

This wasn’t the case for me. I had a text on 23rd November saying it’s nearly here and my delivery isn’t until the 7th of December and apparently it’s still on a ship.

Not sure about others.

I had a text from Tesla yesterday with just an order number (RN with "almost there...") my proposed delivery date on my finance agreement is the 7th December but not sure that's going to happen at the moment. Not had any other information.

Thanks for clarifying - not sure where I got that from then! Was hoping to use that to work out which ship it's about to come off of.

It will remain a mystery! :cool:
Sorry, Mr Miserable is, well, miserable. But he is good at tracking ships.

You'll get the vin generally when your car is being loaded in Shanghai. Or preparing to be loaded or something in and around that.

You'll get the vin generally when your car is being loaded in Shanghai. Or preparing to be loaded or something in and around that.
Yeah I have all that jazz (vin & reg) and collection for 11th. Just curious which boat it is coming off of. Really not the end of the world, I’ll live without knowing.

Keep up the great work Mr Miserable.

How long is the boat transfer, to Sweden from China?
We got vin 16/11, estimated delivery between 10-24/12. Time could not go any slower right now.

That doesn’t sound right. I got a delivery date this Monday and only today received my VIN and Reg - it can’t have just been loaded today as all the ships due into the UK for the rest of the year are already well underway.
Having read these forums to death my conclusion is that there is no set time when you get certain texts. I may be wrong tho. 🤷‍♂️

This is not correct either. I think Mr Miserable got his name from seeing all the misinformation and incorrect stuff floating around.

Generally speaking, if you are in the UK/Ireland, your car is usually made before you order it. Tesla predicts with some accuracy what kind of cars will sell, with various options, colours etc. They make them in batches that then go from the factory to the dock and are loaded on a RORO, which then heads out to sea with a well defined route planned. When your car order gets to the point of moving money around, your order is matched to a VIN of an existing car on a ship. You might get a car that is already sitting in Southampton or within sight of Italy or perhaps they need to make it for you. If someone else cancels, you might get theirs. There is no magic to this but a lot of variation occurs.

Status
Not open for further replies.