Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021 Shipping Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Very useful thread, thanks MrM - I think this explains why I had my collection changed from 3rd Dec to 9th Dec in mid-November - must be on Hyperion Ray and has taken the longer route to get to Southampton due to the Israel cars…fills with a bit more confidence that the 9th Dec date won’t move…unless it moves earlier which would be nice!

@Mr Miserable, I can't thank you enough for filling out the otherwise frustratingly empty space between ordering my MY and getting delivery next Thursday :). It has been an absolute pleasure following your guidance here and even learn a lot of interesting topics around the seaway Tesla delivery chain(!)
I will check out of this thread now but certainly advice other buyers I may know of to join this community.
Till next time and kind regards,
Steffen

HORIZON LEADER departed Southampton for Zeebrugge late last night . I am however a little puzzled with the behaviour of this ship.
She was alongside for a long time in Southampton - long enough to be completely unloaded and then some. An additional puzzle, is where she is docking in Zeebrugge - not at the Tesla quay ie she will not be unloading any EU bound Teslas in Zeebrugge, at least not initially.

HYPERION RAY was delayed in arriving alongside Southampton until early this morning. She is due to depart tomorrow lunchtime. The port schedule still says she will depart back to Zeebrugge (although she's not showing on the Zeebrugge board) however I'm still expecting her to pick up the Israeli cars left at Southampton by HELIOS RAY and take them to Ashdod. If so, I think we may be looking at an arrival there around 13 Dec if all goes to plan.

So here's a crazy idea. HORIZON LEADER was completely unloaded and then picked up the Israeli consignment. She goes to Zeebrugge picks up other freight for her next voyage which will call at Ashdod. Or has she taken the Israeli cars to Zeebrugge for crossloading on to another vessel? Meanwhile, HYPERION RAY unloads her UK bound cars and picks up the LHD models left by HORIZON LEADER and takes them to Zeebrugge. Or.. I give up! We shall see....

HOEGH TRACER She is making steady progress up the Iberian coast enroute to Santander where she will arrive on Monday morning.
I expect she will unload any Teslas bound for Spain here. Her arrival in Zeebrugge is now rescheduled to be 08 Dec.
This ship is not a Tesla charter vessel but one operating a scheduled liner service - hence all the stops on her way from China.
If you have a VIN you can check to see if your car is aboard this ship - My cargo

GRAND DAHLIA is currently south of Crete doing 18kts aiming to arrive in Southampton early on 11 Dec. She is scheduled into Zeebrugge on 12 Dec. The Med is pretty choppy at the moment and quite frankly she shouldn't expect a smooth ride when she arrives into the N Atlantic either.

PARADISE ACE is, as expected, making her way north along the Suez Canal this morning. She has helpfully updated her AIS showing an ETA for Southampton of 2300 on 11 Dec, probably arriving just as GRAND DAHLIA departs. I estimate she will arrive in Zeebrugge on 13 Dec.

VIKING BRAVERY will enter the Red Sea later today heading for Suez (7 Dec). Her arrival in Koper has been brought forward 24hrs and is now 11 Dec.

On the watch list we have just the one ship, ARABIAN SEA, possibly heading to Koper (18/19 Dec) although one source is suggesting she is heading for Italy which would remove her from the watch list. We shall see.....

We need to keep an eye on HORIZON LEADER and HYPERION RAY to see if a switcheroo has occurred...

Last edited:
Reactions: Washout
And as a little light addition to this thread I was lucky enough to go for a short cruise on Queen Mary 2 last Sunday from Southampton. The valet parking guy obviously had a sense of humour. Can you spot my white Tesla?

Attachments

• 99C8103C-58BD-4353-A476-033A67C0F1CA.jpeg
    99C8103C-58BD-4353-A476-033A67C0F1CA.jpeg
    627.9 KB · Views: 96
HR is now rerouted to Israel, departure time tomorrow 14:00

She is empty with 9.20 draught, still I’m not sure if she will make it to Dec 12/13
That clears up one puzzle!
We can assume HYPERION RAY isn't leaving empty but will load the Israeli cars and take them to Ashdod.
At the moment she is due to depart at 14:00 tomorrow (5th)
With a voyage of about 3150 NM ahead of her, if she keeps her speed up, she could make it to Ashdod by the afternoon of 12 Dec.

HORIZON LEADER continues to be an enigma. She is still holding off Zeebrugge. Her initial berth in Zeebrugge would suggest she is not unloading Teslas. I expect she will move to the southern basin (to unload her Teslas) after she has unloaded whatever needs dropping off at the northern basin.

HYPERION RAY's departure from Southampton has been dalyed until 18:30. She has loaded the Israeli cars left by HELIOS RAY and will depart to Ashdod. If she maintains over 18.5 kts all the way she could make it to Ashdod by 12 Dec. A standard 16.5kts will mean a late on 13 Dec arrival.

HOEGH TRACER is off the N coast of Spain and on track to arrive in Santander tomorrow morning.
I expect she will unload any Teslas bound for Spain here. Her arrival in Zeebrugge is now rescheduled to be 08 Dec.
This ship is not a Tesla charter vessel but one operating a scheduled liner service - hence all the stops on her way from China.
If you have a VIN you can check to see if your car is aboard this ship - My cargo

GRAND DAHLIA is currently south west of Crete doing 17 kts aiming to arrive in Southampton early on 11 Dec. She is scheduled into Zeebrugge on 12 Dec. The Med is pretty choppy at the moment and quite frankly she shouldn't expect a smooth ride when she arrives into the N Atlantic either.

PARADISE ACE is making 15 kts in the choppy seas south of Crete. She has an ETA for Southampton of 2300 on 11 Dec, probably arriving just as GRAND DAHLIA departs. I estimate she will arrive in Zeebrugge on 13 Dec.

VIKING BRAVERY is making her way up the Red Sea heading for Suez (7 Dec). Her arrival in Koper has been brought forward 24hrs and is now 11 Dec.

On the watch list we have just the one ship, ARABIAN SEA, possibly heading to Koper (18/19 Dec) although one source is suggesting she is heading for Italy which would remove her from the watch list. We shall see.....

MORNING LYNN is currently alongside in Zeebrugge. She may be calling in at Drammen, Norway bearing Xmas gifts.
I have a Model 3 AWD on the TRACER (can find it by VIN), but doesn't seem likely it will make this boat after all the delays.
It did say delivery December when I ordered it but it looks a bit tight.

Not sure if they will ship it to Oslo or Drammen (I live in Drammen so I hope here) :)

I have a Model 3 AWD on the TRACER (can find it by VIN), but doesn't seem likely it will make this boat after all the delays.
It did say delivery December when I ordered it but it looks a bit tight.

Not sure if they will ship it to Oslo or Drammen (I live in Drammen so I hope here) :)
I checked my pickup at Drammen, but it got changed to Lillestrøm. Also i got an appointment to pick it up at 15/12. But i gues that can change aswell, Same boat as yours.

HORIZON LEADER continues to be an enigma. She is still holding off Zeebrugge. Her initial berth in Zeebrugge would suggest she is not unloading Teslas. I expect she will move to the southern basin (to unload her Teslas) after she has unloaded whatever needs dropping off at the northern basin.

HYPERION RAY's departure from Southampton has been dalyed until 18:30. She has loaded the Israeli cars left by HELIOS RAY and will depart to Ashdod. If she maintains over 18.5 kts all the way she could make it to Ashdod by 12 Dec. A standard 16.5kts will mean a late on 13 Dec arrival.

HOEGH TRACER is off the N coast of Spain and on track to arrive in Santander tomorrow morning.

GRAND DAHLIA is currently south west of Crete doing 17 kts aiming to arrive in Southampton early on 11 Dec. She is scheduled into Zeebrugge on 12 Dec. The Med is pretty choppy at the moment and quite frankly she shouldn't expect a smooth ride when she arrives into the N Atlantic either.

PARADISE ACE is making 15 kts in the choppy seas south of Crete. She has an ETA for Southampton of 2300 on 11 Dec, probably arriving just as GRAND DAHLIA departs. I estimate she will arrive in Zeebrugge on 13 Dec.

VIKING BRAVERY is making her way up the Red Sea heading for Suez (7 Dec). Her arrival in Koper has been brought forward 24hrs and is now 11 Dec.

Thank you MrM for your dedication.

Status
Not open for further replies.